Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

AWE Tuning

Old 09-17-2015, 07:16 PM   #29
SuperSound

Drives: '17 Camaro 2SS A8
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeb114 View Post
After reading most of the Mag articles and the YouTube vids on the new car. I realize there is a common theme being repeated. Did Chevy go far enough on the new design. They had a clean slate to start with, a new platform.
Several years ago they got criticized the C5 to the C6 was a bust because of lack of design change and did not justify the cost to upgrade. I think history just repeated itself here. It is a OK looking car but not as good or striking as the Gen 5 car. Motor, trans, and rear are not revolutionary. The corvette guys are not raving about them. The LT1 has some heat issues and the auto trans has the same heat problem when you get on it. The LS Motors are better but I do not want to go down the emissions road. But I do think the Corvette guys got the better designer and engineering team.
The prices went up to near corvette prices, if there is going to be a ZL1 or Z28 what would those prices look like. As I stated in previous posts I love Camaros, had more than most of you. I just do not get the feeling this is a new car, just a remake in a different scale. Interested in your thoughts, and going to be interested in next years sales numbers. Is it worth getting rid of a great $55,000 car for a good $60,000 car,(I own a ZL1 and will not downgrade) or wait and hope for a great 2017-18 ground breaking redesign.
So style aside, what exactly are you expecting mechanically that is revolutionary? Better yet, who in this segment or even the industry is really being revolutionary? If an pushrod V8 making more actual power than any factory rating from the 60s while also capable of 30mpg is not revolutionary....then the world you are living in is make believe.

Let's be honest, this is the first Camaro in a long time that has lost weight, been faster than a GT, had an auto that is faster than the manual, comes with track-focused equipment, a turbo 2.0 that is actually as powerful as V8s from 90s, a V6 that can run 13s in factory trim, all the while offering an interior that the Germans would even consider good. I mean really, none of this is revolutionary.....right.

You can have your opinion all day on styling, but saying Team Camaro didn't go far enough on the performance/mechanical side is a joke. 6th Mustang owners are technically faster than the 5th gen Mustang in the 1/4. Dodge RT owners are going to be in a drivers race with 6th Camaro V6 owners. Just keep that in mind.

"Voices in your head are not considered insider information."

3800 Status - 6/16/16 (Built!)
6000 status - 6/29/16 (Delivered!)
SuperSound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2015, 07:42 PM   #30
Davy_Baby9

Drives: Duramax
As someone who wasn't a big fan of the 5th gen, I'm a huge fan of this one so far.

So for every person who say's they didn't do enough, there's probably a person that says it's perfect now.

If sales don't reflect that, GM will do something about it.
Davy_Baby9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2015, 07:58 PM   #31
kain279

Drives: 335i
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperSound View Post
So style aside, what exactly are you expecting mechanically that is revolutionary? Better yet, who in this segment or even the industry is really being revolutionary? If an pushrod V8 making more actual power than any factory rating from the 60s while also capable of 30mpg is not revolutionary....then the world you are living in is make believe.

Let's be honest, this is the first Camaro in a long time that has lost weight, been faster than a GT, had an auto that is faster than the manual, comes with track-focused equipment, a turbo 2.0 that is actually as powerful as V8s from 90s, a V6 that can run 13s in factory trim, all the while offering an interior that the Germans would even consider good. I mean really, none of this is revolutionary.....right.

You can have your opinion all day on styling, but saying Team Camaro didn't go far enough on the performance/mechanical side is a joke. 6th Mustang owners are technically faster than the 5th gen Mustang in the 1/4. Dodge RT owners are going to be in a drivers race with 6th Camaro V6 owners. Just keep that in mind.
Nice points all, I agree with basically all of this except the Mustang GT has only been good for a little while since the advent of the recent 5.0. Prior to that it has been underpowered compared to its competition for a long time.
kain279 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2015, 10:28 PM   #32
c5Legend
Camaro5

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2LT
Disagree, you still have a nice car anyway.

My Build
'11 Chrysler 300 Limited / '10 Camaro 2LT
c5Legend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2015, 10:32 PM   #33
DenverTaco07

Drives: 2017 SS 1LE, 2017 Volt, 2013 Pilot
I'm starting to wonder why he even posted the question and comments, OP doesn't seem too interested in the subject...it appears.
Old 09-17-2015, 10:36 PM   #34
WHAMMO

Drives: 13' 1LE
I think Chevy went crazy on tech/performance but not as hard on design(still great for what it is). Still gonna have to see one in person before final judgement. Mustang looks a little bit better for now, but the front of the Mustang not sure but the rear and side WOW!

The 6th gen is stunning in performance and interior design. Exterior is not ugly, just as not explosive as the 5th gen was when they revealed it. But its an evolutionnary design so thats alright, I guess.

Old setup: TSP 231-236/Tick 660/.105 PR, UDP, SW LT 2'' & HFC, stock NPP & H pipe, VR-DRX CAI, air scoop, Goertz1 manifold, 102mm BBK, 26" Toyo DRs, Forgestars R17x10 & F18x8, rear seat delete, remote Pat G tune Autocal, 7400 limiter, Spec Mini Twin. 91oct. 11.90@122.3, 0-60ft 2.0 / 11.99@123.6, 0-60ft 2.1 DA+819 ...519RWHP SAE

Solid roller SBE LS3, FED, LLSR, 91oct, 605rwhp N/A. Tuned by Pat G. Build by me.
WHAMMO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2015, 10:36 PM   #35
GTIanZ28

Drives: 2016 V6 RS Camaro 6MT
Quote:
Originally Posted by SUMMIT WHITE SS View Post
Well put it this way...I was not a fan of the gen 5...I like the gen 6 a lot. So they changed enough in my eyes to make me do a 100% change in judgement looks wise. They made it more aggressive, and sleeker in just the right way...

Agreed completely.

This new camaro is sexy. Looks refined, mature, and sophisticated! I liked the gen 5 design but, it never grabbed me the way the gen 6 does.

OP:
The vette looks mean, angular, and aggressive. But, it also looks like a race car without the paint job and a million stickers. The vette doesn't project a sense of sophistication and makes no attempt to disguise what it was designed for.

Of course everyone has varying tastes. For me Chevy absolutely nailed it on the g6

My only complaint is the spoiler on the SS. Not a fan.
GTIanZ28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2015, 10:42 PM   #36
DREWZ SS

Drives: 14 Camaro - 92 Corolla
the 6th gen definitely lacks the presence that the 5th gen had...
but on the bright side, the recent video of the ZL1 shows the aggressive design we deserved, unfortunately it isn't an SS.
DREWZ SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2015, 11:04 PM   #37
OldJedi
Use the Force

Drives: 2015 Corvette Z51, 2018 Porsche GTS
Send a message via AIM to OldJedi
Quote:
Originally Posted by amerhash28 View Post
I noticed something about zl1 owners.they are not as excited as RS/SS owners or guys like me who never owned one.maybe thats because they have a high power car and they don't like to downgrade but honestly it's not that much of a downgrade....you're getting an entirely new interior,much better build quality,lighter and more powerful(not compared to the zl1).but I get it,why buy a new 458 italia when you have the LAferrari.LOL
ZL1's are very special cars, they just do everything very, very well! I do like the 6th Gen a lot but it will take more than the new 2SS for me to trade my ZL1. I am definitely going to wait for the next ZL1, 1LE & Z28 to come out. I already have a great car, it will take a really great car to replace it with performance and sound. That being said, I can see a 6th Gen LT convertible for my wife in the near future.
Old 09-18-2015, 06:22 AM   #38
Number 3
Hail to the King baby!

Drives: '19 XT4 2.0T & '22 VW Atlas 2.0T
If anyone recalls, I listed what was needed in my opinion to make the Gen 6 a huge success.

GM hit it on every count but 1, styling.

They elected to go for a solid single rather than swing away. Of course you can win a game with a single as well. It's just nearly as dramatic.

This car is also the 2021 Camaro folks and it looks too much like a rendition of the car I drove to California way back in December 2008.

JMO
Old 09-18-2015, 08:30 AM   #39
newb

Drives: 2013 1LE
While I agree they may not have been as forward thinking on the exterior design as they could have been, I do think it will be fairly easy to modernize this body as all manufacturers do these days with a refresh. The mustang went through quite a few looks with nothing more than a new shave and haircut for a decade.
It's a Dingledarm. It's there to dampen side fumbling. If your marzelvanes fumble too much they can cause total protonic reversal. It gets ugly from there. This is really the biggest problem with the new Camaro. That and the tri-pronged blivot.

Delivered 21 Jan 2013

newb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2015, 08:34 AM   #40
Bassment

Drives: 2016 Red Hot 2SS M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by OldJedi View Post
ZL1's are very special cars, they just do everything very, very well! I do like the 6th Gen a lot but it will take more than the new 2SS for me to trade my ZL1. I am definitely going to wait for the next ZL1, 1LE & Z28 to come out. I already have a great car, it will take a really great car to replace it with performance and sound. That being said, I can see a 6th Gen LT convertible for my wife in the near future.
And Chevy isn't expecting anyone with a ZL1 to buy a 2016 MY. They expect/want them to get the ZL1 in 2017 when it comes out (or whatever year it comes out). ZL1's are like... max 4 years old only
Bassment is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2015, 08:39 AM   #41
cwl011

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS
I may be the only one but I have to disagree with alot of people here. I think the styling on the new camaro is perfect, yes it is not 100% new styling but i think they perfected the gen5 quarks. As for the mustang, i think it is a great car but i don't see why people like the rear and hate the front, i am the opposite i like the front but not the rear. I think we can all agree to disagree but we can agree on one thing ford and chevy produced two wonderful cars. I can wait to order my camaro this winter.
cwl011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2015, 08:57 AM   #42
cyberbro

Drives: Not a Camaro at this time
Quote:
Originally Posted by cwl011 View Post
I may be the only one but I have to disagree with alot of people here. I think the styling on the new camaro is perfect, yes it is not 100% new styling but i think they perfected the gen5 quarks. As for the mustang, i think it is a great car but i don't see why people like the rear and hate the front, i am the opposite i like the front but not the rear. I think we can all agree to disagree but we can agree on one thing ford and chevy produced two wonderful cars. I can wait to order my camaro this winter.
I like them both as well and love the new Camaro, the only thing I would have wanted (don't expect anyone to agree) is a bit more height to the roof line and glass all-around back in the car (some place between Gen1 and Gen5) just a bit. With that said I do have a Gen6 on order so it's not a deal killer
2000 9/22/15 (Order changed)

2016 2SS With Auto, NPP, MRC, Nav, Split 5 Spoke Bright Aluminum.
cyberbro is offline   Reply With Quote