Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

Phastek Performance

Old 09-17-2015, 02:22 PM   #15
RenegadeSS

Drives: Camaro LLT
Quote:
Originally Posted by laborsmith View Post
ZZP has done significant upgrades to my Sonic and they are definitely turbo oriented.

Laborsmith
They do great work. My cobalt held up well on a stock motor with 373 whp. Their tunes are spot on. I never had idle issues, or WOT issues. Drove like OEM, until I pushed the go pedal.
Old 09-17-2015, 02:55 PM   #16
ChefBorOzzy

Drives: 2016 F150
You live in Florida.. Go Camaro. Or find yourself an ATS with a stick on the cheap (used).
ChefBorOzzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2015, 03:05 PM   #17
Sidedraft

Drives: Jeep Wrangler
In this segment I would go for the practicality of a hatchback over a coupe. Probably between either the Focus ST or VW GTI.

Of the three listed, I would go with the 2016 Camaro 1LT.
Sidedraft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2015, 03:35 PM   #18
cyberbro

Drives: Not a Camaro at this time
Living in FL, I would not care much about AWD. Go with the Camaro said the people on that Camaro fan site lol
2000 9/22/15 (Order changed)

2016 2SS With Auto, NPP, MRC, Nav, Split 5 Spoke Bright Aluminum.
cyberbro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2015, 03:35 PM   #19
bhavyas

Drives: 2016 1SS Yellow
If I were in your place I would have never gone for a muscle car with the turbo boost.. nothing wrong with having one but I just feel like muscle cars with v6/v8 is what made them what they are... any turbo car and I would have gone for the WRX hands down... its got a great boxer engine.. they dont depreciate that much ... and they look decent enough...the interiors are just meh...but then you kind of get a lot for 30k...
bhavyas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2015, 03:49 PM   #20
amerhash28

Drives: camaros in his dreams
When I hear the word "camaro" or "mustang" I imagine a badass car with a vicious wild exhaust sound going sideways and making other cars look like $h!tLOL.so the whole 2.0 camaro Idea makes me sad...yeah I know its fast and light but honestly the last thing I want on my camaro is a 4 cylinder.so I prefer paying that much money(26-28k) on a car made for this kind of engine like a focus ST or toyota GT86 or a genesis 2.0 turbo
amerhash28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2015, 03:52 PM   #21
amerhash28

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhavyas View Post
If I were in your place I would have never gone for a muscle car with the turbo boost.. nothing wrong with having one but I just feel like muscle cars with v6/v8 is what made them what they are... any turbo car and I would have gone for the WRX hands down... its got a great boxer engine.. they dont depreciate that much ... and they look decent enough...the interiors are just meh...but then you kind of get a lot for 30k...
I just wasted my time typing what I want to say when you already said what I had in mind.100% agree.
Old 09-18-2015, 12:59 AM   #22
fradaj

Drives: RS
Nothing wrong with the new turbo's. I've seen video's of Ecoboost Mustangs that are as fast as GT's with just a tune. The Camaro turbo I am sure will have people tuning them as well. The turbo Camaro is significantly lighter than the V8. Never really looked at buying a Subaru.
fradaj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2015, 04:11 AM   #23
Z_Rocks

Drives: everyone crazy...
Quote:
Originally Posted by fradaj View Post
Nothing wrong with the new turbo's. I've seen video's of Ecoboost Mustangs that are as fast as GT's with just a tune. The Camaro turbo I am sure will have people tuning them as well. The turbo Camaro is significantly lighter than the V8. Never really looked at buying a Subaru.
I have driven them all. One thing I love about WRX/STi is the sitting position and ho clear your views (front/rear/sides/corners) are. It's designed similar to BMW or Audi from sitting position and you can see the road from the front without the hood being an obstacle. This gives you very precious cornering.

I'm 5.7 and when I sit in Camaro or Mustang or Corvette, I feel like I don't have that control and view I get that I do with European cars.
Z_Rocks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2015, 05:33 AM   #24
cyberbro

Drives: Not a Camaro at this time
Quote:
Originally Posted by Z_Rocks View Post
I have driven them all. One thing I love about WRX/STi is the sitting position and ho clear your views (front/rear/sides/corners) are. It's designed similar to BMW or Audi from sitting position and you can see the road from the front without the hood being an obstacle. This gives you very precious cornering.

I'm 5.7 and when I sit in Camaro or Mustang or Corvette, I feel like I don't have that control and view I get that I do with European cars.
You did not drive a 2016 Camaro turbo
2000 9/22/15 (Order changed)

2016 2SS With Auto, NPP, MRC, Nav, Split 5 Spoke Bright Aluminum.
cyberbro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2015, 05:49 AM   #25
Z_Rocks

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyberbro View Post
You did not drive a 2016 Camaro turbo
Not yet, but I doubt the sitting position has changed from Gen 5.
Old 09-18-2015, 06:27 AM   #26
amerhash28

Quote:
Originally Posted by Z_Rocks View Post
Not yet, but I doubt the sitting position has changed from Gen 5.
Well the dashboard dropped an inch so I think they improved the outward visibility. Lets not forget,this is what american coupes drive like....feels like sitting in a tub but you have full control.im 6.2 but when I sit in a challenger you can barely see my head from outside.LOL
Old 09-18-2015, 06:43 AM   #27
Z_Rocks

Quote:
Originally Posted by amerhash28 View Post
Well the dashboard dropped an inch so I think they improved the outward visibility. Lets not forget,this is what american coupes drive like....feels like sitting in a tub but you have full control.im 6.2 but when I sit in a challenger you can barely see my head from outside.LOL
You made my point very clear. I had a Z06 and being 5.7, I had very little confidence in making quick turns, because I didn't have a clear view of my very front of the car.

Two days ago, I drove my friend's new Porsche Caymen. Wow, talk about being in control. I loved how you can pinpoint that car in any direction. But I don't have $60K to drop on a car.
Old 09-18-2015, 08:47 AM   #28
2000Firehawk

Drives: 2000Firehawk
Quote:
Originally Posted by RenegadeSS View Post
I'm sorry but this is a new age, and some of you need to get past the fact that there is a four cylinder camaro. The LTG has a huge aftermarket support for the ecotec platform to begin with. Just look at ZZPerformance. They are spear heading ecotec aftermarket developement, and been the leader in that platform for over a decade. Here is some of there most notable parts. http://www.xvideos.com/video9324211/...joven_follando . Here is another article where they are working on all their stage kits. http://gmauthority.com/blog/2014/07/...-cadillac-ats/ . So the turbo four is a great platform, and I am looking forward to my purchase.
THIS...

Also, the low weight, under 3,350 lbs, is shocking..., my 2009 HHR SS, is also just under 3,350 lbs...
The HHR is based on the compact Cobalt, Delta chassis, & I'm amazed that the,
Gen6 team, got the Camaro down that low...

Whats that mean to you ?
Better everything, when the weight starts out that low...
State of the art handing, on a state of the art, Alpha chassis...

Have you seen this, sweet, Camaro 2.0T video?
http://gmauthority.com/blog/2015/09/...rifting-video/

A simple Ethanol E47 tune, with a set of slicks, gets you into the 12.9s, at the 1/4 mile too...
Then add the ZZP EFR 7163 turbo upgrade, which will put you into the 11s, & still remain 100% streetable,
& it will still weight less than 3,350 lbs...

Last edited by 2000Firehawk; 09-18-2015 at 10:02 AM.
2000Firehawk is offline   Reply With Quote