Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Technical Camaro Topics > Wheels | Tires -- Sponsored by The Tire Rack

AWE Tuning

Old 12-27-2023, 07:57 PM   #15
2SS Capt
2020 Shadow Gray 2SS

Drives: 2020 2SS - A10, NPP, MRC, CAI
Quote:
Originally Posted by SSShark View Post
I know this is an old thread, but I have a question. Thinking of getting a set of MRR replicas, but it appears that the new 1LE setup created a slightly larger gap between the top of the tire and the top of the wheel well, as opposed to the stock SS setup?
It does, about 1/2" more wheel gap... I'm planning to put a set of Eibach Lowering Springs on mine to get ride of that extra 1/2" and probably close it about an additional 1/2" (1.0" total drop)

Here is how mine currently sits with MRR017's and SS1LE tire size (285/30 & 305/30)...

Added after delivery: - GMP CAI, GMP Black Strut Tower Brace, MRR017 1LE Wheels, SS Armrest, Black Fuel Door, Stainless Sport Pedals, SS Wheel Caps, Black Lugs/Locks, GM Splash Guards, DD Smoked LED Markers, Smoked Rear Reflectors, Mishimoto Catch Can, Xpel PPF - Full Front, SunTek 35% Tint, CeramicPro coating, RST Stainless Brake Lines, Castrol SRF, MSD Super Conductor Wires

Left: My "fun" ride. Right: My "work" ride: a Gulfstream G600. One's top speed is 180 Mph, the other, 620 Mph...
2SS Capt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2023, 08:58 PM   #16
SSShark

Drives: '23 1SS Sharkskin A10
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2SS Capt View Post
It does, about 1/2" more wheel gap... I'm planning to put a set of Eibach Lowering Springs on mine to get ride of that extra 1/2" and probably close it about an additional 1/2" (1.0" total drop)

Here is how mine currently sits with MRR017's and SS1LE tire size (285/30 & 305/30)...

Hey Capt, thanks for confirming, I would say that 1/2" drop will make it look just right. Seems like it's a very expensive endeavor, between the rims, tires and lowering kit.
SSShark is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2023, 09:10 PM   #17
2SS Capt
2020 Shadow Gray 2SS

Drives: 2020 2SS - A10, NPP, MRC, CAI
Quote:
Originally Posted by SSShark View Post
Hey Capt, thanks for confirming, I would say that 1/2" drop will make it look just right. Seems like it's a very expensive endeavor, between the rims, tires and lowering kit.
The springs are going to cost me about $350 (there are less expensive lowering springs), I'm going to do the work myself so I'll save the labor...

From what I understand the Eibach springs will drop me about 1", which should nicely close up the gap (while still leaving some gap), I definitely am not going for the "Ricer tires in the wells" look, just want to close the gap a bit...

Another option you could do is go with 275/35 & 305/35 and that would close up the gap as well without needing lowering springs...
Added after delivery: - GMP CAI, GMP Black Strut Tower Brace, MRR017 1LE Wheels, SS Armrest, Black Fuel Door, Stainless Sport Pedals, SS Wheel Caps, Black Lugs/Locks, GM Splash Guards, DD Smoked LED Markers, Smoked Rear Reflectors, Mishimoto Catch Can, Xpel PPF - Full Front, SunTek 35% Tint, CeramicPro coating, RST Stainless Brake Lines, Castrol SRF, MSD Super Conductor Wires

Left: My "fun" ride. Right: My "work" ride: a Gulfstream G600. One's top speed is 180 Mph, the other, 620 Mph...
2SS Capt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2023, 07:13 AM   #18
SSShark

Drives: '23 1SS Sharkskin A10
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2SS Capt View Post
The springs are going to cost me about $350 (there are less expensive lowering springs), I'm going to do the work myself so I'll save the labor...

From what I understand the Eibach springs will drop me about 1", which should nicely close up the gap (while still leaving some gap), I definitely am not going for the "Ricer tires in the wells" look, just want to close the gap a bit...

Another option you could do is go with 275/35 & 305/35 and that would close up the gap as well without needing lowering springs...
Lol, definitely no "ricer tires in the well". I'll hang tight until you complete your build before I make a move. Keep us posted brother.
SSShark is online now   Reply With Quote