Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Technical Camaro Topics > Wheels | Tires -- Sponsored by The Tire Rack

Bigwormgraphix

Old 12-18-2023, 06:25 PM   #1
travislambert

Drives: '17 ZL1
Do Not Purchase SMW Wheels! It's Now a Scam

Just a heads up, SMW Wheels is bankrupt, but they haven't officially filed yet. Unfortunately, they are still accepting deposits for custom wheels even though they have no intention of ever manufacturing them.

I purchased a custom set of magnesium wheels in late May/eary June. They're no-joke-expensive. The deposit alone was $14,000. Anyway, the wheels were contracted to be completed by the end of August. As the deadline passed, SMW Wheels just completely ghosted me.

I hired a lawyer who is located a few blocks away from their office in Latvia. He visited their office which had only one person working there. They showed him that the company was bankrupt and didn't have the money to return my deposit or manufacture the wheels. We've filed a lawsuit, but it'll likely be months before we even have a court date scheduled.

The company was once legit. The Tesla Roadster that Elon Musk shot into space had SMW wheels on it. They're no longer running an honest business though. It's a pyramid scheme at best now.

I repurchased wheels from Patrick at https://www.litespeedracing.com/. So far, he seems legit. Hopefully his wheels are as good as his customer service.

2023 Camaro SS 1LE A10
2023 Camaro ZL1 1LE M6
2017 Camaro ZL1 M6
2016 Camaro SS M6 w/LT4 (Sold)
travislambert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2023, 06:50 PM   #2
Scargoes

Drives: 2018 Hyper Blue 2SS 1LE
A friend got some wheels from Litespeed. He likes them. Hope you can get some form of resolution from SMW.

1:34.20 Willow Springs Big Track
Scargoes is offline   Reply With Quote