Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > Camaro Price | Ordering | Tracking | Dealers

Phastek Performance

Old 05-03-2016, 03:31 PM   #1
SuperSound

Drives: '17 Camaro 2SS A8
So who has successfully ordered a 2017

So I've contacted several dealers this week and no one has said MY17 pricing is available, save for Becky. Like has been stated before countless time, most dealers are clueless which I expected. Anyone actually got an order in for a '17? Where should I be telling these sale managers to look for pricing so they can give me an offer?

"Voices in your head are not considered insider information."

3800 Status - 6/16/16 (Built!)
6000 status - 6/29/16 (Delivered!)
SuperSound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2016, 03:52 PM   #2
442DMND

Drives: 2017 SS/1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperSound View Post
So I've contacted several dealers this week and no one has said MY17 pricing is available, save for Becky. Like has been stated before countless time, most dealers are clueless which I expected. Anyone actually got an order in for a '17? Where should I be telling these sale managers to look for pricing so they can give me an offer?
I ordered a 2016, dealer called me next day and said it will be a 2017 and looks like it's already at 2000 status.
442DMND is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2016, 03:52 PM   #3
Modshack

Drives: 2SS, Hyper Blue
Quote:
Where should I be telling these sale managers to look for pricing so they can give me an offer?

You need to be making THEM the offer....Work your deal +/- off invoice. You already know the increase and pricing so there should be no surprises. Just because your dealer doesn't have the official numbers shouldn't stop you..(or them if they work the deal this way)

Pricing to the dealers often lags behind production start for the next model year..
Sometimes early builds are shipped without window stickers because of this..

Run your numbers off this info:

http://www.camaro6.com/forums/showthread.php?t=449147

The margins are likely the same as MY16 so it should be simple to come up with invoice +/- a few dollars..Most Prices on options have remained the same so all that is readily available..

Last edited by Modshack; 05-03-2016 at 04:07 PM.
Modshack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2016, 03:53 PM   #4
SuperSound

Quote:
Originally Posted by Modshack View Post
Work your deal +/- off invoice. You already know the increase and pricing.
Just because your dealer doesn't shouldn't stop you..
Good advice. Thanks

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

Old 05-03-2016, 04:16 PM   #5
Sar1372

Drives: 91 LS1 / 2017 2SS
I've placed an order for MY 2017. It's still sitting at 1100 though.

My dealer sent me the GM workbench and it was dated 04/27, showed Model Year 2017, and had a status of 1100. So at this point i have no reason to believe it wasn't placed successfully.
Old 05-03-2016, 04:41 PM   #6
Modshack

Excellent post here...Plugging in '17 numbers (on the spreadsheet) should put you on the money..

http://www.camaro6.com/forums/showthread.php?t=450935
Old 05-03-2016, 05:26 PM   #7
SuperSound

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sar1372 View Post
I've placed an order for MY 2017. It's still sitting at 1100 though.

My dealer sent me the GM workbench and it was dated 04/27, showed Model Year 2017, and had a status of 1100. So at this point i have no reason to believe it wasn't placed successfully.
Did you get pricing or work out a +/- invoice deal before you ordered?

Quote:
Excellent post here...Plugging in '17 numbers (on the spreadsheet) should put you on the money..

http://www.camaro6.com/forums/showthread.php?t=450935
Yep already using it. Trouble is no one has given me an actual quote. Either shady or clueless dealers. Guess I'll be expanding the search to more.

Old 05-03-2016, 05:31 PM   #8
Modshack

Quote:

Yep already using it. Trouble is no one has given me an actual quote. Either shady or clueless dealers. Guess I'll be expanding the search to more.
Make them The offer unless you qualify for supplier or employee pricing. Contact the internet sales guy and tell him what you want to pay. Going off invoice, remember here in eastern NC there's about a $600 dealer ad fee that's a real cost to the dealer and is in the invoice. You won't see than in any calculated or published invoice number. This puts actual invoice only $1000 off MSRP (close to that anyway)

Invoice seems to be the default deal + any Private offers and your delivery is too far off to even be thinking about that affecting the bottom line.

Getting the dealer to dip into holdback might be a challenge considering the new model year and all..but you can try! He's got about $12-1300 to work with there.

Last edited by Modshack; 05-03-2016 at 05:47 PM.
Modshack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2016, 06:36 PM   #9
JoeP@TeamBeckyD

Drives: SS,PaceCar,ZL1,1LE,C7Z51,Z06,17-ZL1
Supplier Price is Supplier Price...
...(makes pricing it easy..)

Incentives apply at time of delivery..

Currently... Private Offer is compatible

Any Incentives Available ...Would Apply.

Becky
JoeP@TeamBeckyD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2016, 07:11 PM   #10
Sar1372

Drives: 91 LS1 / 2017 2SS
My deal was dealer invoice. It'll probably be 1k higher than the cars.com invoice price.
Old 05-03-2016, 07:12 PM   #11
RallyHT

Drives: 2017 2LT RS Conv V6
Quote:
1) You have done 2,450 posts and you did not contact Becky first? You just want to risk playing with another dealer?

2) Yes I have ordered a 2017 and I am sitting at 2000 waiting on the next status and TPW. I did this after sitting a long 4+ weeks at 1100 with a dealer that told me otherwise.

3) Initial dealer allocation on 2017 have been given. So you are going to have to work through both the Dealer Allocation AND the pricing issue. It can be tricky. You can negotiate the best deal and sit and wait, and wait, and wait. Or you can get an order in quick only to find out that they don't want to deal on price. It is an ugly process - but one that obviously several here are addicted to.

4) See item 1. PM Becky then decide the next course of action. Good luck!

Order Help on Camaro6
RallyHT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2016, 07:23 PM   #12
SuperSound

Quote:
Make them The offer unless you qualify for supplier or employee pricing. Contact the internet sales guy and tell him what you want to pay. Going off invoice, remember here in eastern NC there's about a $600 dealer ad fee that's a real cost to the dealer and is in the invoice. You won't see than in any calculated or published invoice number. This puts actual invoice only $1000 off MSRP (close to that anyway)

Invoice seems to be the default deal + any Private offers and your delivery is too far off to even be thinking about that affecting the bottom line.

Getting the dealer to dip into holdback might be a challenge considering the new model year and all..but you can try! He's got about $12-1300 to work with there.
Thanks for info on the dealer ad fee. Yea I've been specifically mentioning to them not to include rebates/incentives since there's no telling what will be out there by then. I am hoping to pit them against each other to sweeten the deal. Doesn't have to be money off the price, but oil changes, etc...

Quote:
Originally Posted by RallyHT View Post
1) You have done 2,450 posts and you did not contact Becky first? You just want to risk playing with another dealer?

2) Yes I have ordered a 2017 and I am sitting at 2000 waiting on the next status and TPW. I did this after sitting a long 4+ weeks at 1100 with a dealer that told me otherwise.

3) Initial dealer allocation on 2017 have been given. So you are going to have to work through both the Dealer Allocation AND the pricing issue. It can be tricky. You can negotiate the best deal and sit and wait, and wait, and wait. Or you can get an order in quick only to find out that they don't want to deal on price. It is an ugly process - but one that obviously several here are addicted to.

Way ahead of you. Becky is the only one who's provided any info but shipping a car down here won't be cheap. The advantage to her is I know the deal, I know she has the allocation, and her customer service will be spectacular. I just want to see the options. I've got time to play the game with the locals.

Old 05-03-2016, 09:18 PM   #13
Heavymetal454
Account Suspended

Drives: '69 RS Pro Street
Quote:
Originally Posted by RallyHT View Post

When you say allocations have been given are you including the ZL1 in that statement?
Heavymetal454 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2016, 09:32 PM   #14
clanky
Hyper Blue 2016 Camaro 2S

Drives: 16 Hyper Blue2SS NPP MagRide 6M NAV
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heavymetal454 View Post
When you say allocations have been given are you including the ZL1 in that statement?
Wondering the same!
clanky is offline   Reply With Quote