Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

Phastek Performance

Old 04-10-2021, 02:30 PM   #1
2ss.kush

Drives: 2017 Chevy camaro 2ss
2017 2ss camaro electrical problem need help solving

I have a 2017 camaro 2ss with an strange electrical issue it started 4months after purchase. So far the dealer has worked on the issue under factory warranty. Replacing the ECM and charging the battery, both worked as a patch but after a week to a month the problem would return. Bunch of codes thrown, dash would not read nothing but my fuel level every other gauge would not function, ABS light would come on, followed by stabilatrack service notification, parking break would not in gage or could not be disengaged.

All effects of the electrical issue starting but here’s where it gets strange my ss is manual so everything affected gets reset after I push the clutch in to change gears, every thing starts working normal then it goes away. I’ve let the manufacturer work on the vehicle up until now, they haven’t found the issue just patched it so I took my car to school to hooked an oscilloscope up hoping to find this interference, checked every module and fuse besides under the dash and nothing changed on the scoope still had interference.

While the electrical issue is occurring if you turn the car off it won’t turn back on it, will ask you to push the clutch in to start, I had it to the floor and it didn’t read the clutch input so after 10 mins or a battery charger/jump box the vehicle will start. After start everything runs fine til it randomly wants to act up again. I’ve done 5things to this vehicle aftermarket head lights and taillights axle back delete kit and full zl1 1le aero kit and removed trunk padding and rear seats it was supposed to be a track car but can’t even make it a month on the road. My dealer is now saying my aftermarket taillights was the issue so I removed them, still the problem continues to be an nuisance.

Now problem occurs on random so I installed my new headlights then rpm gauge flips out starts going crazy followed by every other electrical issue i do not know what to do at this point it’s been in and out of the dealer pretty much the whole year now they can’t guarantee warranty because of my taillights, service advisor says my taillights could have “potentially caused electrical damage” -_-. i need insight some sort of guidance to help narrow this down and fix it for good I love camaro’s, and this is my dream car I wanna be able to hit the track and feel that rush.

Last edited by 2ss.kush; 04-12-2021 at 01:02 PM.
2ss.kush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2021, 03:21 PM   #2
srcstc

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS
Have you ever heard of periods?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
srcstc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2021, 04:51 PM   #3
redcoats1976

Drives: LT W/2LT,blue metallic
so...you think his car was having its monthlies?
redcoats1976 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2021, 10:38 AM   #4
Doc Oc

Drives: 2017 Camaro 2SS
If I read this right (and that's a big if) it seems like this is your issue no?

-then I installed my new headlights rpm gauge flips out starts going crazy followed by every other electrical issue

Stop installing shit til you get it straight
Old 04-11-2021, 06:38 PM   #5
ember1205
Hot Camaro

Drives: '20 2SS Convertible 6MT
Quote:
Originally Posted by srcstc View Post
Have you ever heard of periods?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
After the first 70 words with no punctuation, I stopped reading.
ember1205 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2021, 11:00 AM   #6
Petrol Head
Account Suspended

Drives: Fast if no one's looking
Holy run-on sentence Batman!
Petrol Head is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2021, 12:18 PM   #7
2ss.kush

Sorry for the run on sentences
Old 04-12-2021, 12:22 PM   #8
2ss.kush

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doc Oc View Post
If I read this right (and that's a big if) it seems like this is your issue no?

-then I installed my new headlights rpm gauge flips out starts going crazy followed by every other electrical issue

Stop installing shit til you get it straight

The problem happened before anything was added and the dealer told me it was a bad battery but it wasn’t
Old 04-12-2021, 12:24 PM   #9
ember1205
Hot Camaro

Drives: '20 2SS Convertible 6MT
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2ss.kush View Post
Sorry for the run on sentences
Your best bet at getting some thoughts from the folks here is going to be going back to your original post and editing it so that it's more readable.
ember1205 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2021, 12:26 PM   #10
2ss.kush

They charged the battery every thing was fine for 3 days then the issue came back. Went to autozone got a new battery and it patched the problem for a few days. So this time the problem would happen at random once you turn the car off and back on everything is good