Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Technical Camaro Topics > Suspension | Brakes | Chassis

Phastek Performance

Old 11-21-2023, 07:48 AM   #1
midnight1ss

Drives: 2017 Camaro 1SS
Aftermarket Front Sway bar bushings

I need some help from you guys. I have a 2017 SS with the BMR adjustable front sway bar. After a track day, I heard some clunking and when I checked, one of the bushings looks like it took a crap or just didn’t have enough lubrication.

Can someone recommend better sway bar bushings?
Attached Images

midnight1ss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2023, 08:06 AM   #2
cdb95z28

Drives: 2022 1SS 1LE A10 BCD WCT+PDR
https://www.camaro6.com/forums/showthread.php?t=576751
Old 11-24-2023, 10:20 AM   #3
Msquared

Drives: Chevrolet SS 1LE
I found the same problem, as have many others. As long as you have the bar set on its softest setting, it doesn't seem to hurt the bushings; but set on medium of full stiff and they get pounded out in short order.

I found my solution accidentally: use the bushings and brackets from the Hotchkis bar. The Hotchkis has the same outer diameter as the BMR (1.25"), but it's wall thickness is greater and therefore it's a stiffer bar. I prefer the range of the BMR bar for my purposes because the softest setting is about the same as the stock SS 1LE (FE4) front bar, and then I have two stiffer settings from there. Anyway, the brackets and bushings from the Hotchkis bar fit the BMR fine. They have held up to a full season of autocross and track use with my BMR bar set on the middle setting.

I was able to buy replacement poly bushings direct from Hotchkis (to keep a spare set with me in case they are needed during an event, but haven't need them yet). I'm sure they are Energy Suspension pieces, and they have the number 5637 cast into them. I'm sure the brackets are ES parts also, but I haven't needed to search for them because I had them already. It may be easier to buy those direct from Hotchkis as well.
Old 11-25-2023, 09:46 AM   #4
VR Baron
SoCal Camaro5 Race Team

Drives: 2021 Shadow Grey Camaro 2SS 1LE
I concur with the hotchkiss bar bushing and their bracket. The bracket is gusseted so probably helps strength. I have been running that bar for autocross for several years using the soft setting (equal to middle setting of the BMR ) and also the middle setting which is about 25% stiffer and no issues at all.
VR Baron is offline   Reply With Quote