#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > ZL1 Discussions

BeckyD @ James Martin Chevy

Old 12-17-2016, 02:12 PM   #29
tbrennyZL1

Drives: Corvette Z06
Quote:
Originally Posted by JulesWinnfield View Post
I'm angry because Im a GM guy. The current c7z06- camaro6 zl1 are nothin but failures
How are they failures? Looks are subjective and you don't love the ZL1 but your telling me the Z06 isn't a beautiful car, you'd be the first person I've ever heard say that! How can you make a statement without owning or driving one? I gaurentee you sit shotgun in my Z06 and you'll feel differently after 5 min. I'm guessing your younger and a big stat guy and care a lot about what MT and C&D say.
tbrennyZL1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2016, 02:33 PM   #30
mdmoore23

Drives: 2017 ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Artos View Post
No, you are a troll because you will not acknowledge what they got right with this car for the $$$...what is the hc time at Nurburgring?? My understanding the ZL1 beat the GT350R. Means little to you, correct. Yet, it is a much much better measure of a vehicle you choose to ignore.

You simply are only looking at HP & the 1/4 mile & when someone says they plan to track & wants a car that turns...you say weak excuse because to you, only acceleration matters. That sir, is trollish. GM did a damn good with this car if you will accept what it can actually do beyond the 1/4 mile.

Again, if the 1/4 mile was my thing...I would consider the hc, but I want more than a drag strip car.
As a current Hellcat owner and previous owner of many types of cars I wanna chime in here. The Hellcat is an absolute beast and one of the 1st cars that came out and really lived up to the hype. Dodge never said this was a corner carver. What they said is that it would be a beast in a straight line and not suffer heat soak. These things have held true. The Challenger Hellcat is a pleasure to drive in my opinion. It doesn't pretend to be anything but a straight line beast and all around cruiser. With that being said it does have respectable handling specs for a 4500lb vehicle. I think it's right at 1g on the skidpad. What more can you ask of this car with that much physics working against it? Also, shouldn't the ZL1 beat a 350R? They're aroung the same weight and the ZL1 has a 120hp advantage and over 200 lb ft torque advantage.
mdmoore23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2016, 02:37 PM   #31
URBAN LEGEND

Drives: 20 X3M CP & 19 ZL1 1LE A10
Quote:
Originally Posted by mdmoore23 View Post
As a current Hellcat owner and previous owner of many types of cars I wanna chime in here. The Hellcat is an absolute beast and one of the 1st cars that came out and really lived up to the hype. Dodge never said this was a corner carver. What they said is that it would be a beast in a straight line and not suffer heat soak. These things have held true. The Challenger Hellcat is a pleasure to drive in my opinion. It doesn't pretend to be anything but a straight line beast and all around cruiser. With that being said it does have respectable handling specs for a 4500lb vehicle. I think it's right at 1g on the skidpad. What more can you ask of this car with that much physics working against it? Also, shouldn't the ZL1 beat a 350R? They're aroung the same weight and the ZL1 has a 120hp advantage and over 200 lb ft torque advantage.
Yep. Tim has stated many times that the HC is a straight line killer. Tim also mentioned that if you need a corner carver then the Viper has a few options for you.
Old 12-17-2016, 02:41 PM   #32
Artos

Drives: A10 LT4
Oh, I agree...I was looking at it & the 350R as well. I don't knock the hc one bit for her strengths & would love to drive one. I've been in the 350R & that flat plane crank is a home run. Awesome car!! Heck, the Jeep Trackcat may be in my future as I love my tuned Durango.

My goal is to road course which knocked the hc off the list right away. It may be the king in the straight away for big the US makers & can pull forever, but it won't hang in the turns...it just cannot handle as well. The 350R got knocked off the list when this A10 came out & no dealers would drop the ADM.

The thing that sticks in my craw is to completely ignore the fact the ZL1 is gonna blow the hellcat away on the road course & why that has no value to a select few is mind boggling...even when you state the desired attributes you expect.

Quote:
Artos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2016, 02:50 PM   #33
tbrennyZL1

Drives: Corvette Z06
Quote:
Originally Posted by Artos View Post

The thing that sticks in my craw is to completely ignore the fact the ZL1 is gonna blow the hellcat away on the road course & why that has no value to a select few is mind boggling...even when you state the desired attributes you expect.
I very much take it in to account as a buyer, as I like a well rounded car. But I think it's usually discounted because it's not useable or comaprable on the street. And let's be honest out of all mustang, Camaro, and challenger owners how many go to road courses? Maybe 10-15%. So I think the majority don't really care.
tbrennyZL1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2016, 03:09 PM   #34
JulesWinnfield
Account Suspended

Drives: M
Quote:
Originally Posted by tbrennyZL1 View Post
How are they failures? Looks are subjective and you don't love the ZL1 but your telling me the Z06 isn't a beautiful car, you'd be the first person I've ever heard say that! How can you make a statement without owning or driving one? I gaurentee you sit shotgun in my Z06 and you'll feel differently after 5 min. I'm guessing your younger and a big stat guy and care a lot about what MT and C&D say.
The C7/camaro both have one big minus - rear end. From the bumper to the tail lights.
JulesWinnfield is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2016, 03:10 PM   #35
JulesWinnfield
Account Suspended

Drives: M
Quote:
Is dodge planning some power boost in 2018?
JulesWinnfield is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2016, 03:18 PM   #36
DenverTaco07

Drives: 2017 SS 1LE, 2017 Volt, 2013 Pilot
Ignore list updated.

If the HC is such a great car, why are there so many HC pundits hanging out in the ZL1 forum? Go circle je.k with your fellow kitty lovers over at www.ilovemyfatkitty.com
DenverTaco07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2016, 03:29 PM   #37
Michigan1LTRS
Blessed ❤️

Drives: 2017 1LT RS I4
Quote:
Originally Posted by DenverTaco07 View Post
Ignore list updated.

If the HC is such a great car, why are there so many HC pundits hanging out in the ZL1 forum? Go circle je.k with your fellow kitty lovers over at www.ilovemyfatkitty.com
Old 12-17-2016, 03:37 PM   #38
laynlo15

Drives: 2022 Lt1 A10
Hum, the Zl1 is already a failure? Really? So is the Z06? Watch a A8 Z06 mop the Hellcat. Plenty on you tube to watch.
2022 Lt1 6.2 A10, Maggie 2300, THPSI Port Inj/10 rib, Rotofab, E, Nickey, SCOL, Griptech, RC Bandits, Hoosiers/MT 9.80@142.96 1.44 60ft, 6.34@112 707/669 RWHP/TRQ. 16SS Maggie 2650 9.41@147 1.35 60ft, 5.99@119. 16 C7 A8 10.90@128 Bolt on stuff
laynlo15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2016, 03:53 PM   #39
URBAN LEGEND

However, I'll say this too: The A10 ZL1 better not beat the HC at its straight line game. If that's the case then the HC is done.
Old 12-17-2016, 03:58 PM   #40
URBAN LEGEND

Quote:
Originally Posted by DenverTaco07 View Post
Ignore list updated.

Be open minded, research, ask, look, and open your mind. Real talk.

http://richhabits.net/open-minded-a-...essful-people/
Old 12-17-2016, 04:03 PM   #41
Mr. Wyndham
I used to be Dragoneye...

Drives: 2018 ZL1 1LE
Send a message via AIM to Mr. Wyndham
Quote:
I'm angry because Im a GM guy. The current c7z06- camaro6 zl1 are nothin but failures
Boy would I like to hear why you think that's true.
Old 12-17-2016, 04:05 PM   #42
Michigan1LTRS
Blessed ❤️

Drives: 2017 1LT RS I4
Quote:
The C7/camaro both have one big minus - rear end. From the bumper to the tail lights.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Wyndham View Post
Boy would I like to hear why you think that's true.
There's his answer.