Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > ZL1 Discussions

Phastek Performance

Old 12-17-2016, 08:46 AM   #15
2NASSTY

Drives: 2014 M6 ZL1
Guys, that wasn't even close. The A10 will do better. What was really interesting was how hard the Hellcat was pulling after each run. Heat soak is not an issue from what I hear with these fat cats. 4500 lb car pulling against a 3900 lb car from a roll with 100 more underrated HP

Big Cat does look butt ugly next to the 6th Gen ZL1. Can't wait to see one in person
06' LeMans Blue Metallic Z06, 11.726 at 127.80 MPH Motor - SOLD.
96' Impala SS LTx, 11.397 at 118.10 MPH Motor, 1st stage 10.526 at 127.46 MPH
2NASSTY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2016, 09:01 AM   #16
JulesWinnfield
Account Suspended

Drives: M
Quote:
Originally Posted by 96MrBass View Post
And you draw that information from?

STock gt500(prev.gen manual) vs stock hellcat(auto) on radials. Stang did better than the zl1.
We know that gt500 is coming and we know that it will be very powerful. Not less than 700 hp.
Also there is hellcat adr on its way which will be the street legal car.
Yep, the zl1 will be the slowest. Plus it is fugly. I think this gen is a failure in terms of design at least. I mean , I could live with that front, but damn that rear...
JulesWinnfield is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2016, 09:01 AM   #17
Snowblind

Drives: '16 2SS / '05 SRT10 Ram / '65 bu
Good video

ZL1 needed a driver mod

A dig would have been nice to see...get that fat Kitty rolling and it's going to be tough to beat.
Old 12-17-2016, 09:24 AM   #18
DrkPhx

Drives: 2013 Triple Black ZL1 / 2006 TB SS
I don't get why the driver of the ZL1 is not using the No Lift Shift feature on the ZL1. It's there for a reason. Sounds like his shifts were super slow. With that said, the HC is still a beast. I've seen them dyno higher than 630 rwhp on a Dynojet.
DrkPhx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2016, 09:33 AM   #19
Artos

Drives: A10 LT4
Yeah, if you don't like to turn the Hellcat is the car to consider...looks are subjective. To me the ZL1 is a much more attractive looking beast & brings more to the table. The drag strip is so boring compared to road courses.
Artos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2016, 09:38 AM   #20
JulesWinnfield
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by Artos View Post
Yeah, if you don't like to turn the Hellcat is the car to consider...looks are subjective. To me the ZL1 is a much more attractive looking beast & brings more to the table. The drag strip is so boring compared to road courses.
Most of the drivers wont race them on tracks.
Old 12-17-2016, 09:48 AM   #21
Artos

Don't care about other drivers...who wants uncontrollable power that cannot handle a tight curve?? Give me a track & winding road with a car that can do both. Going straight line is boring!!

I briefly considered the cat until I realized it's not an engaging road car...if Dodge would incorporate some of the Vipers manners into the hc, they may just get somewhere. Until then it simply does nothing for me personally in what I expect out of a 'sports car'.
Old 12-17-2016, 09:50 AM   #22
JulesWinnfield
Account Suspended

Quote:
Don't care about other drivers...who wants uncontrollable power that cannot handle a tight curve?? Give me a track & winding road with a car that can do both. Going straight line is boring!!

I briefly considered the cat until I realized it's not an engaging road car...if Dodge would incorporate some of the Vipers manners into the hc, they may just get somewhere. Until then it simply does nothing for me personally in what I expect out of a 'sports car'.
It is a very weak excuse.
Old 12-17-2016, 09:50 AM   #23
KLR ZL1
H-Town Camaro Club Member

Drives: 17 Hyper Blue Metallic KLR-ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by JulesWinnfield View Post

STock gt500(prev.gen manual) vs stock hellcat(auto) on radials. Stang did better than the zl1.
We know that gt500 is coming and we know that it will be very powerful. Not less than 700 hp.
Also there is hellcat adr on its way which will be the street legal car.
Yep, the zl1 will be the slowest. Plus it is fugly. I think this gen is a failure in terms of design at least. I mean , I could live with that front, but damn that rear...
So your just a 6G ZL1 hater all the way. I'll take the new Camaro over a 10 + year old Dodge platform any day. Yes it is cool to have 700+ hp and all but they need to get a new platform. Don't get me wrong I like all sports/muscle cars. They all have their own +/- when it comes down to it. Why someone keeps throwing in a car to compare that isn't built yet is beyond me. No one really knows what these cars will do against each other until we have them in the real world with driver that actually know how to drive. Like doing a no lift shift in a manual, which we all know is a faster run. How do you know that the next 500 will be over 700 hp? From what I have seen is that manufacturer info is only released when they are ready. So let's not bench race and wait for it to get here whenever that might be and by then the next ZL1 will have a TT 1000hp. Lol. Your reference to a Hellcat adr, I assume you are talking about all wheel drive. The AWD Challenger is only in a V6 model not the Hellcat. They don't have a drivetrain that can handle the torque yet and that is why that the SRT Grand Cherokee hasn't came out yet. Dodge is also making a wide body model so they can run wider tires.
Old 12-17-2016, 09:53 AM   #24
Artos

Quote:
Originally Posted by JulesWinnfield View Post
It is a very weak excuse.
I've pretty much determined you are nothing but a troll at this point...I haven't seen anything of value come out of you other than your love for the 1/4 mile. You are just as boring.
Old 12-17-2016, 09:59 AM   #25
JulesWinnfield
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by KLR ZL1 View Post
So your just a 6G ZL1 hater all the way. I'll take the new Camaro over a 10 + year old Dodge platform any day. Yes it is cool to have 700+ hp and all but they need to get a new platform. Don't get me wrong I like all sports/muscle cars. They all have their own +/- when it comes down to it. Why someone keeps throwing in a car to compare that isn't built yet is beyond me. No one really knows what these cars will do against each other until we have them in the real world with driver that actually know how to drive. Like doing a no lift shift in a manual, which we all know is a faster run. How do you know that the next 500 will be over 700 hp? From what I have seen is that manufacturer info is only released when they are ready. So let's not bench race and wait for it to get here whenever that might be and by then the next ZL1 will have a TT 1000hp. Lol.
No, I'm not a hater. Just don't like they way it looks. The Zl1 will be fast on tracks, but they could have added some more hp for the straight line. There will be a z28 for the track guys.
They are some rumors about the gt500. And I think it will be more powerful than the zl1. We will see.
I just cant stand they way it looks. I had such big hopes connected with the 6th gen's design, but it is a huge let down for me.
But they can improve it if:
1They will add the full led headlights.
2Redesign its rear(bumper, tail lights)
I guess I have to wait till the facelift
Old 12-17-2016, 10:04 AM   #26
JulesWinnfield
Account Suspended

Quote:
I've pretty much determined you are nothing but a troll at this point...I haven't seen anything of value come out of you other than your love for the 1/4 mile. You are just as boring.
It is so easy to call someone a troll. I just speak the truth..
Dodge and ford guys are laughing to this video in their forums.

I'm angry because Im a GM guy. The current c7z06- camaro6 zl1 are nothin but failures
Old 12-17-2016, 10:29 AM   #27
Sven59
HAMMER PILOT

Drives: 13 ZL1#182, 85 CJ7, 16 Silverado
If you speak the truth you must be a prophet because you speak of cars that don't exist.
Old 12-17-2016, 10:32 AM   #28
Artos

No, you are a troll because you will not acknowledge what they got right with this car for the $$$...what is the hc time at Nurburgring?? My understanding the ZL1 beat the GT350R. Means little to you, correct. Yet, it is a much much better measure of a vehicle you choose to ignore.

You simply are only looking at HP & the 1/4 mile & when someone says they plan to track & wants a car that turns...you say weak excuse because to you, only acceleration matters. That sir, is trollish. GM did a damn good with this car if you will accept what it can actually do beyond the 1/4 mile.

Again, if the 1/4 mile was my thing...I would consider the hc, but I want more than a drag strip car.