Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro Price | Ordering | Tracking | Dealers Discussions

Old 08-27-2016, 12:14 PM   #1
Billabongi

Drives: '17 SS 50th Camaro
Paperwork before car delivery?

My car is due in Wednesday or Thursday but I can't pick it up until Saturday. In order to get the conquest cash I have to buy the car by Wednesday, so the dealer is going to overnight the paperwork over to me so they can get it in by Wednesday. The question is, has anybody else done this? Anything I need to look out for? My biggest question is, what happens if something happens to the car on delivery and I've already signed the paperwork?
2017 50th Anniversary 2LT\RS - #1583 SOLD
2017 50th Anniversary 2SS - #3410
Billabongi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2016, 06:01 AM   #2
baum

Drives: 2013 1LS, 2013 Ram 1500
what is the conquest cash for? is it one that actually goes away?
baum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2016, 01:39 PM   #3
MrChrisLS3

Drives: 2018 1SS M6
Don't sign anything until you see the car, period. The dealer is simply trying to hit his August sales numbers. As far as conquest cash, I'm assuming your are either trading or own a competitor vehicle. Tell the dealer that the conquest cash is a part of the deal or you're walking. Tell them you agreed to the deal with it, and it's not your fault it wasn't delivered in August.

Also call another Chevy dealer and ask them about the conquest cash, if it's still available. Tell them you are looking to buy a Camaro and heard about the incentive. If it goes beyond August, slap your sales manager with that knowledge.
MrChrisLS3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2016, 01:48 PM   #4
sherob

Drives: 2015 SW 1SS/RS 1LE
Looks to be a GM thing... must take delivery by 8/31.

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/picture.php?albumid=17325&pictureid=134228
sherob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2016, 02:51 PM   #5
Johnny's_2SS

Drives: 2014 Camaro 2SS 2004 Tahoe
My Camaro was built 5/26/14
I was overwhelmed with excitement and decided to pay for it as soon as I could
That day came 5/29/14

Little did I know, they started my warranty that day. Even though the car wasn't even in the sates yet! They fudged the mileage (seeing as they didn't know what it was)

The car was delivered 6/9/14...about two weeks later. Some may say big deal but I almost got screwed out of my last free oil change due to forgetting their little mishap. Beware
2014 Camaro 2SS black, Recaro seats, NAV, Sunroof, Strut tower brace, Indoor car cover. Accessories: Red Hot engine cover, OE Subwoofer, Brushed Alum pedals, Ambient lighting, OE Battery charger, OE All weather mats, Z/28 CAI, ZL1 Wheels and Tires, Glowtie, ZL1 steering wheel, 1LE steering wheel plate, ZL1 door trim red lights
Johnny's_2SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2016, 09:02 PM   #6
13coupe

Drives: Crystal Red 1SS Coupe 6spd manual
Understanding Rebates

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrChrisLS3 View Post
Don't sign anything until you see the car, period. The dealer is simply trying to hit his August sales numbers. As far as conquest cash, I'm assuming your are either trading or own a competitor vehicle. Tell the dealer that the conquest cash is a part of the deal or you're walking. Tell them you agreed to the deal with it, and it's not your fault it wasn't delivered in August.

Also call another Chevy dealer and ask them about the conquest cash, if it's still available. Tell them you are looking to buy a Camaro and heard about the incentive. If it goes beyond August, slap your sales manager with that knowledge.

The dealer has no control of when rebates come and go. That's GM's decision and they don't inform them in advance. Take it when you can get it or possibly lose the cash from GM.
13coupe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2016, 09:23 PM   #7
MrChrisLS3

Drives: 2018 1SS M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by 13coupe View Post
The dealer has no control of when rebates come and go. That's GM's decision and they don't inform them in advance. Take it when you can get it or possibly lose the cash from GM.
Yeah, I understand all of that. And yes, if the incentive expired on the 31st, then that's what it is. However, if it was part of the deal when the car was ordered, the customer certainly has every right to use it as a negotiation tool. I guess it is very possible that the dealer was trying to do the customer a favor by getting him on it before it expired. Still, there's no way I'm signing a commitment to the car before I have the chance to inspect it. But my first thought was that the dealer was just trying to get all the units in that they could to hit their August pay plan bonus.
MrChrisLS3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2016, 12:15 PM   #8
Snoman
H-Town Camaro Club

Drives: 2013 Dusk Edition 2SS/M6/Sun/NPP
Rebates, offers and pricing are nothing more than sales gimmicks, period. There's another offer tomorrow and another sucker who will fall for it just like the last guy did. Don't ever sign paperwork buying something not sitting in front of you your taking home. You will give up all rights and claims against the product, from warranty to damage to true delivery dates and none of it is in your best interest. You are being scammed.
Snoman is offline   Reply With Quote