Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 08-01-2016, 11:56 PM   #169
Spurshot

Drives: 2014 2SS blue
Everyone should do whatever they feel like.
Old 08-02-2016, 07:59 AM   #170
rontammy0
Account Suspended

Drives: 2011 2SS/ RS INFERNO ORANGE L99
These threads are very funny. Lots of people paying cash in a time when consumer debt is at an all time high.Weird.
rontammy0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2016, 08:21 AM   #171
Pluto

Drives: 2013 Camaro 2SS/RS
Well I went ahead and took the plunge. She's mine all mine. I was able to swing it yesterday, so I officially own my Camaro on 8/1/16. 22,100 miles on the clock. Financed for 45 months. Feels great to own it.

Small, but effective mod list:

Roto-Fab Intake, TSP 2" Long tubes, TSP catless mids, MSD spark plug wires, stock catback, Elite Catch Can, APEX washer relocation and scoop, VMAX throttle body, Diablo InTune-Tuned by Matt@FSP, and a JacFab license plate bracket.
Pluto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2016, 08:25 AM   #172
Spurshot

Drives: 2014 2SS blue
Quote:
Originally Posted by rontammy0 View Post
These threads are very funny. Lots of people paying cash in a time when consumer debt is at an all time high.Weird.
It is, and always has been about debt-income-solvency. Keeping it realistic is more important than zero debt.
Old 08-02-2016, 09:05 AM   #173
LBJ

Drives: 2012 camaro 1LS. M6
I just got my title last week. .
Mods..mrt v2. Cai intake v max throttle body. 20% windo tint & RX catch can Gianna 20in rims nitto 555 & afterburner tail lights RS halo head lights & gm heat extractor 4 pack gauges & panted heritage Grille & zl1rear sproler t5 splitter custom head rest
LBJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2016, 09:09 AM   #174
Johnny's_2SS

Drives: 2014 Camaro 2SS 2004 Tahoe
My credit isn't the best due to mistakes as a young man and I just happened to have the cash available. I would have gotten raped for a loan even if I put half down so I just bought it. Yeah, I could have done other things with the money but now that I've paid off my 04 Tahoe ($450 a month!) now I have no notes
2014 Camaro 2SS black, Recaro seats, NAV, Sunroof, Strut tower brace, Indoor car cover. Accessories: Red Hot engine cover, OE Subwoofer, Brushed Alum pedals, Ambient lighting, OE Battery charger, OE All weather mats, Z/28 CAI, ZL1 Wheels and Tires, Glowtie, ZL1 steering wheel, 1LE steering wheel plate, ZL1 door trim red lights
Johnny's_2SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2016, 09:52 AM   #175
Tenacity
Account Suspended

Drives: 2015 Red Hot Chevy Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by rontammy0 View Post
I don't think it's weird, what I think is weird is when people finance (or worse, lease) depreciating assets over long periods of time (5 years and more).

The cost of debt is pretty low, which is good for buying assets that "usually" appreciate, such as houses, education, financing a business, etc.

But to buy "more car" than you actually "need", I personally don't think that makes any sense. It even reflects on the V8 debates (which I'm not trying to start up but this point is relevant), where guys will say that a V8 quote, unquote "HOLDS" its value. No the hell it doesn't!

The V8 package and the V6 package both have the same rate of depreciation if you check out Camaro models let's say in 2011 from where they started from in terms of new car price, to where they are today.

One of the reasons 80% of people live paycheck-to-paycheck today, is because they buy TOO much car.

You want my rule of thumb? You can't AFFORD it if you need to put it on payments without at least 50% DOWN on it.

But that's just me lol, if people want to make $50,000 a year and buy a $50,000 Camaro then go right ahead . I have seen this first hand, hell I know people that work at Walmart making $20k a year with $500 a month car notes!
Tenacity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2016, 10:02 AM   #176
Dmpsix

Drives: Black L99 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny's_2SS View Post
My credit isn't the best due to mistakes as a young man and I just happened to have the cash available. I would have gotten raped for a loan even if I put half down so I just bought it. Yeah, I could have done other things with the money but now that I've paid off my 04 Tahoe ($450 a month!) now I have no notes
Who needs credit when you have cash like that!
Dmpsix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2016, 10:07 AM   #177
Dmpsix

Drives: Black L99 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tenacity View Post
I don't think it's weird, what I think is weird is when people finance (or worse, lease) depreciating assets over long periods of time (5 years and more).

The cost of debt is pretty low, which is good for buying assets that "usually" appreciate, such as houses, education, financing a business, etc.

But to buy "more car" than you actually "need", I personally don't think that makes any sense. It even reflects on the V8 debates (which I'm not trying to start up but this point is relevant), where guys will say that a V8 quote, unquote "HOLDS" its value. No the hell it doesn't!

The V8 package and the V6 package both have the same rate of depreciation if you check out Camaro models let's say in 2011 from where they started from in terms of new car price, to where they are today.

One of the reasons 80% of people live paycheck-to-paycheck today, is because they buy TOO much car.

You want my rule of thumb? You can't AFFORD it if you need to put it on payments without at least 50% DOWN on it.

But that's just me lol, if people want to make $50,000 a year and buy a $50,000 Camaro then go right ahead . I have seen this first hand, hell I know people that work at Walmart making $20k a year with $500 a month car notes!
Calm down, he was saying that it's funny how people claim to pay things off in cash when the U.S. debt for the average American is a lot higher than what this thread claims to be.

News flash, cars depreciate in general. Almost every car does.
Dmpsix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2016, 10:14 AM   #178
drew peacock
Banned

Drives: 2012 2SS INFERNO ORANGE
ofc buy a car with a loan ..but buy a cheap car..why do you need a camaro when u have no money.
just buy a cheap car then save untill u have the cash for a v8. I WOULD NEVER EVER loan any money for any that i think is luxurious..
here silly swedes loan loan to buy everything to appear to be richer than their neighbours. well in fact most only own the clothes on their backs.

i find it funny tbh..coz when rates got back to normal they will end up homeless..
drew peacock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2016, 12:17 PM   #179
rontammy0
Account Suspended

Drives: 2011 2SS/ RS INFERNO ORANGE L99
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tenacity View Post

Good thing I have my own rule of thumb.
rontammy0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2016, 02:34 PM   #180
Freddy G

Drives: 2014 Camaro 2SS 1LE /2011 2LT
Just buy it when GM offers 0% financing.. Best deal you could get.
Freddy G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2016, 02:45 PM   #181
Tenacity
Account Suspended

Drives: 2015 Red Hot Chevy Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by Freddy G View Post
Just buy it when GM offers 0% financing.. Best deal you could get.
There's no such thing as 0% financing, all they do is bump up the purchase price.
Tenacity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2016, 04:12 PM   #182
laditee

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS
My 6th gen is paid off and it feels so damn good to not have that monthly payment. I can mod quicker and don't have to wait for what's left after that car payment lol. Best feeling ever.