Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Camaro Issues / Problems | Warranty Discussions | TSB and Recalls

Old 11-09-2015, 07:59 AM   #1
SILVERHAWK

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS, '22 Silverado Z71
Completed Recall for driver's seat now heated seat inop

So....... finally decided to send my car in for service at the dealer to include the driver's seat height adjustment bolt recall and the flip key recall. I get the car back and now my driver's side heated seat will not work. The light comes on for maybe a minute or two then goes off. sometimes the seat begins to heat up but most times it doesn't. How hard do you think its going to be getting the dealer to cover this. The car is 5 years old with only 21,000 miles on it.
Old 11-11-2015, 06:04 PM   #2
JimE

Drives: 2013 2SS/RS/1LE
I would contact the dealer ASAP and explain the situation. It won't be covered by warranty. But the dealer may fix it on their own (if it happens to be something obvious that they may have caused). Depends on the dealer.
JimE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2015, 06:07 AM   #3
FrostySS

Drives: 2018 Redline Edition 2SS
I wouldn't be posting on here, I'd be on the phone with the dealership.

When was the last time you used the heated seats prior to bringing the car into the dealership for the recall? The recall is for a bolt on the side of the seat that would have nothing to do with the heated seats. You pop the panel off where the seat controls are, replace a silly bolt and clip the trim piece back on, it's that silly.

I'd still call up and see if they'll diag it for you but it's probably(almost definitely) not related to the recall work.
2018 Redline Edition 2SS- A8, NPP, MRC, Recaro seats, ECS Novi 1500 tuned by EFX, cat deletes, Mighty Mouse Wild CC, GM STB, smoked ZL1 3rd brake light, Xpel XR Black 35% tint all around, Street Scene front splitter, C7 Carbon ZL1 side skirts Drake Muscle Car wicker bill, Adams Polishes Ceramic Coating

2010 Infiniti G37x Sedan for the DD.
FrostySS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2015, 12:00 PM   #4
VTSummit
Consistently inconsistent

Drives: 2015 2LT Summit White
Unplug and re-plug the connectors under the seat, making sure not to bend a pin. If anything, the plug being disturbed is really the only thing that could happen during that recall- and even then not likely.
The dealer should be cool with checking it out since they were just in there.
2015 2LT Ported TB, Ported intake, JACFAB intake spacer, Borla exhaust, IPF 91 tune, Complete 1/LE suspension, Brembo brakes, Goodridge lines, Elite catch can, CAI with Thermo-wrap, 275/40-20 x 10's all around, Z/28 spoiler, GM splitter, Alpine/Polk stereo with AudiControl interface.
VTSummit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2015, 04:40 PM   #5
SILVERHAWK

thanks for the replies guys...... it went in today..... turns out this repair will be on me unfortunately. The element in the bottom of the seat has a broken wire. They will show me it when it goes back in on Wed next week. After talking to another service writer who explained the recall and what might have gone wrong with the seat it appears it may have been my fault. I drove the car over in uniform including my duty belt....so my holster was sticking way into the seat and may have broken a wire in the element causing the short in the system. UGH.... never thought about that when I drove the car over to drop it off.......... $270 screw up on my part, I guess.
Old 11-13-2015, 05:08 PM   #6
VTSummit
Consistently inconsistent

Drives: 2015 2LT Summit White
Too bad you're not closer to my shop- I run discounts for military and police, hopefully they take some mercy on you.
2015 2LT Ported TB, Ported intake, JACFAB intake spacer, Borla exhaust, IPF 91 tune, Complete 1/LE suspension, Brembo brakes, Goodridge lines, Elite catch can, CAI with Thermo-wrap, 275/40-20 x 10's all around, Z/28 spoiler, GM splitter, Alpine/Polk stereo with AudiControl interface.
VTSummit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2015, 05:51 AM   #7
FrostySS

Quote:
Originally Posted by SILVERHAWK View Post
thanks for the replies guys...... it went in today..... turns out this repair will be on me unfortunately. The element in the bottom of the seat has a broken wire. They will show me it when it goes back in on Wed next week. After talking to another service writer who explained the recall and what might have gone wrong with the seat it appears it may have been my fault. I drove the car over in uniform including my duty belt....so my holster was sticking way into the seat and may have broken a wire in the element causing the short in the system. UGH.... never thought about that when I drove the car over to drop it off.......... $270 screw up on my part, I guess.
Are they replacing the element?
2018 Redline Edition 2SS- A8, NPP, MRC, Recaro seats, ECS Novi 1500 tuned by EFX, cat deletes, Mighty Mouse Wild CC, GM STB, smoked ZL1 3rd brake light, Xpel XR Black 35% tint all around, Street Scene front splitter, C7 Carbon ZL1 side skirts Drake Muscle Car wicker bill, Adams Polishes Ceramic Coating

Old 11-17-2015, 05:53 AM   #8
FrostySS

Quote:
Originally Posted by VTSummit View Post
Too bad you're not closer to my shop- I run discounts for military and police, hopefully they take some mercy on you.
I give 10% off at the dealership for police, fire, EMT, military and seniors. We have a military base 30 minutes from the dealership so it definitely brings in some business. Sometimes it's not a ton of savings but a nice gesture nonetheless.

Old 11-17-2015, 10:53 PM   #9
SILVERHAWK

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrostySS View Post
Are they replacing the element?
Quote:
Originally Posted by FrostySS View Post
I give 10% off at the dealership for police, fire, EMT, military and seniors. We have a military base 30 minutes from the dealership so it definitely brings in some business. Sometimes it's not a ton of savings but a nice gesture nonetheless.
Yeah, the car goes into the shop tomorrow to get the element replaced......to the tune of $270..... ugh....

Which dealership are you at Frosty ? I used to live up there in Morrisville.
Old 11-18-2015, 06:38 PM   #10
SILVERHAWK

Well, that's just great...... they cut me a 10% off the bill.......all fixed sir. I of course only had to go a short distance back to the station so I didn't check the seat heater. Go to leave work and guess what within 3 blocks after turning the seat heater on...it shuts off again.......WTF....!!!! so now the fight begins, cause I know they threw out my old element.
Old 11-23-2015, 05:21 PM   #11
SILVERHAWK

Well, went in and the tech swore it was fine....ran it for 30 mins and it didn't shut off. They called me to come to the dealership and talk to the tech. I go out....sit in the seat, start the car and hit the warmer, and 45 seconds later it shut off.....tech was stumped, apparently it will now only work when no one is sitting in the seat. They did show me the old element where the wire had a short in it....... so now I'm out the $200 plus and then whatever it costs to when they figure out whatever else is the issue. Unless the new element was bad too...... which I have had new parts bad off the shelf.....ugh
Old 11-25-2015, 07:48 PM   #12
SILVERHAWK

The element in the seat back also had a broken wire in it.....to be repaired next week.
Old 11-27-2015, 07:04 AM   #13
Merc
In The Circle

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SSRS IOM M6
Pumpkin only has 30000 miles on it and the drivers heated seat is out too.

Old 12-09-2015, 02:33 PM   #14
SILVERHAWK

seat is fixed.....both elements were bad.......and now my butt is toasty warm.....

Thanks to Townsend Bros Chevy for taking care of me on the extra part of the repair