#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Members Area > Off-topic Discussions

Bigwormgraphix

Old 12-18-2014, 04:22 PM   #1863
RGRCamaro

Drives: 2011 Camaro 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by hrpiii View Post
Don't get focused on the weight when you are working without straps on the DL. Your grip strength with come, along with more weight. Let your grip strength catch up to your power and you will be much better off in the long run. Pulling 500 without straps is much more impressive!

Gonna do my best! A few of my buddies are getting into deadlifting now and of course they have to make it a competition, and of course they aren't natural but I am still going to beat them!

RGRCamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2014, 06:23 PM   #1864
Dznts
Anabolic Connoisseur

Drives: Sold - Blown Camaro 2SS/RS LS3
Back and shoulders tonight
Old 12-19-2014, 06:46 AM   #1865
hrpiii
AKA "Beefcake"

Drives: 2023 ZL1 Sharkskin
Quote:
Originally Posted by RGRCamaro View Post
Gonna do my best! A few of my buddies are getting into deadlifting now and of course they have to make it a competition, and of course they aren't natural but I am still going to beat them!
that is the best and most fun lifting. friends challenging each other. It helps push you to do better, and the support is right there to help you keep on fighting. Doesn't matter the outcome, it's you pushing to advance.

One of the pro heavyweight strongmen in my gym was over in Austria a couple weeks ago. I think he placed eight in the event from competitors all over the world. When people look at me and go "your big"... I think of this guy and go "no, no where even close to BIG". If you have ever seen one of those pro heavyweights up close and personal, you know what I'm talking about. Then to be around them training, just awesome power.
hrpiii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2014, 05:33 PM   #1866
Mydivorcegift
Future Mopar Owner

Drives: 2011, 2SS/RS, Synergy
Quote:
that is the best and most fun lifting. friends challenging each other. It helps push you to do better, and the support is right there to help you keep on fighting. Doesn't matter the outcome, it's you pushing to advance.

One of the pro heavyweight strongmen in my gym was over in Austria a couple weeks ago. I think he placed eight in the event from competitors all over the world. When people look at me and go "your big"... I think of this guy and go "no, no where even close to BIG". If you have ever seen one of those pro heavyweights up close and personal, you know what I'm talking about. Then to be around them training, just awesome power.
The first.....

I think on top of the awesomeness of just doing CF together with my other half, this is one of the things that appeals to me. I really don't have anyone to "push" me. And it's not that I'm the strongest guy on the face of the earth or anything like that, just the strongest in the gym. So now, and really like most of my life, I've relied on internal motivation and a chase for #'s. I think I am going to enjoy the daily competitiveness of the "whiteboard" at CF.

The second.....

Yeah it's funny how your perceptions can change. I remember, about 20 years ago, I was in a training rut, not making progress etc. I took a trip to Coffee's gym in ATL (this is when I was in Ft. Lauderdale). I was fairly strong at the time I thought. I was about 150 at the time. Was doing bench the day I went in. I was doing 340'ish at the time. Went in started warming up. Was going to work up to like a triple with 315. Guy asked if he could work in....I said sure. He was maybe a little less BW than me. We worked up to 315. I got 3. The guy laid down and, if memory serves me correct, banged out 8.

It's exactly what I needed. A good ass kicking by someone who was close to the same size as me yet much, much stronger. It's one thing to watch videos but like you said totally different watching or seeing people or them lifting in person.

2011 Camaro SS/RS Synergy-1 of 255-Sold
You will be missed but you are in good hands!

2019 Challenger Hellcat
B5, Redeye, Widebody
Mydivorcegift is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2014, 01:13 AM   #1867
Camarojt

Drives: 2011camaro SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mydivorcegift View Post
The first.....

I think on top of the awesomeness of just doing CF together with my other half, this is one of the things that appeals to me. I really don't have anyone to "push" me. And it's not that I'm the strongest guy on the face of the earth or anything like that, just the strongest in the gym. So now, and really like most of my life, I've relied on internal motivation and a chase for #'s. I think I am going to enjoy the daily competitiveness of the "whiteboard" at CF.

The second.....

Yeah it's funny how your perceptions can change. I remember, about 20 years ago, I was in a training rut, not making progress etc. I took a trip to Coffee's gym in ATL (this is when I was in Ft. Lauderdale). I was fairly strong at the time I thought. I was about 150 at the time. Was doing bench the day I went in. I was doing 340'ish at the time. Went in started warming up. Was going to work up to like a triple with 315. Guy asked if he could work in....I said sure. He was maybe a little less BW than me. We worked up to 315. I got 3. The guy laid down and, if memory serves me correct, banged out 8.

It's exactly what I needed. A good ass kicking by someone who was close to the same size as me yet much, much stronger. It's one thing to watch videos but like you said totally different watching or seeing people or them lifting in person.
I can relate to this situation in many examples. When I 1st started lifting weights I was 20years old I weighed 120lbs soaking wet @ 5'8" tall. I worked out hard yet knew zero about training strategies or nutrition so I made a lot of mistakes. Eventually thru reading Flex Magazine and such I managed to get up to a weight of 175. It was then that I entered my 1st powerlifting competition. I quickly realized I was stronger than most guys my size as I won competition after competition and overall after overall. I wasn't until I went to a World Level meet that I saw that there were guys there in my weight class deadlifting 650 and benching 450-500! It was a humbling experience.

Then next was bodybuilding. I made top 7 1st show with zero knowledge. But it hooked me. My next show cracked top 5 and got to do a posing routine to music in front of thousands of people. 3rd Show I won my 1st trophy, I took 2nd there at the John Sherman Classic in Houston. Next Show I won my 1st Novice Competition in Austin! Then came the open class! A good ass kicking! Didn't make top 5! But it lit a fire under me, that's when I sought out a highly experienced bodybuilding guru! He works hand in hand with Hany Rambod and is best friends with IFBB Pro Steve Cuclo. I then entered one of the biggest and toughest National Qualifyers in the State, the Ronnie Coleman Classic! Took 3rd in the open class! Missed qualifying for Nationals by 1spot.

Took 3years off, no gym time! Got married, had our 1st child, Thus lead me to
My next sport of Arm wrestling! You will get your ass handed to you against guys half your size that are seasoned! Nothing but fuel on the fire babe!! Now begins the quest at 43years old to start a new sport and turn pro! And I think so far I'm progressing very well. 1st Pro Win this month. This is what it's all about!! The Journey and pushing yourself past the limits that you or anyone else set your yourself! Create your own destiny!
Camarojt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2014, 11:11 AM   #1868
Iron Lung Jimmy

Drives: Iron Lung, Jimmy
I actually was watching Wide World of Sports when they showed what is probably the original broken arm video...

No arm wrestling for me.

On that same WWoS they also showed a British weight lifter attempting a clean and jerk. He snorts like a quart of ammonia then has his knee collapse after the clean and he gets pretty much crushed by the weight.

That, along with epic lack of strength, kept me out of Olympic style lifts.

(OK, it was mostly the epic lack of strength... )
Iron Lung Jimmy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2014, 02:55 PM   #1869
avido

Drives: camaro ss\rs
hi! i'm here

My weight: 108kg
My height: 183cm
My age: 31 years
My body fat: 22%(bulking season)
My years of training : 16

currently i use an high protein diet. over 60% of the calories from protein.just 20 fat and 20 carbo.
i use of course a lot of supplements.i go 3-4 times at year in usa and i buy everything i can from gnc
i change my training met every 5 week.
avido is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2014, 03:13 PM   #1870
Normagene

Drives: 2013 Ashen Gray M6 ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by avido View Post
hi! i'm here

currently i use an high protein diet. over 60% of the calories from protein.just 20 fat and 20 carbo.
i use of course a lot of supplements.i go 3-4 times at year in usa and i buy everything i can from gnc

Gnc is way way overpriced. Lots of better options.
Normagene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2014, 07:18 PM   #1871
Mydivorcegift
Future Mopar Owner

Drives: 2011, 2SS/RS, Synergy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Camarojt View Post
I can relate to this situation in many examples. When I 1st started lifting weights I was 20years old I weighed 120lbs soaking wet @ 5'8" tall. I worked out hard yet knew zero about training strategies or nutrition so I made a lot of mistakes. Eventually thru reading Flex Magazine and such I managed to get up to a weight of 175. It was then that I entered my 1st powerlifting competition. I quickly realized I was stronger than most guys my size as I won competition after competition and overall after overall. I wasn't until I went to a World Level meet that I saw that there were guys there in my weight class deadlifting 650 and benching 450-500! It was a humbling experience.

Then next was bodybuilding. I made top 7 1st show with zero knowledge. But it hooked me. My next show cracked top 5 and got to do a posing routine to music in front of thousands of people. 3rd Show I won my 1st trophy, I took 2nd there at the John Sherman Classic in Houston. Next Show I won my 1st Novice Competition in Austin! Then came the open class! A good ass kicking! Didn't make top 5! But it lit a fire under me, that's when I sought out a highly experienced bodybuilding guru! He works hand in hand with Hany Rambod and is best friends with IFBB Pro Steve Cuclo. I then entered one of the biggest and toughest National Qualifyers in the State, the Ronnie Coleman Classic! Took 3rd in the open class! Missed qualifying for Nationals by 1spot.

Took 3years off, no gym time! Got married, had our 1st child, Thus lead me to
My next sport of Arm wrestling! You will get your ass handed to you against guys half your size that are seasoned! Nothing but fuel on the fire babe!! Now begins the quest at 43years old to start a new sport and turn pro! And I think so far I'm progressing very well. 1st Pro Win this month. This is what it's all about!! The Journey and pushing yourself past the limits that you or anyone else set your yourself! Create your own destiny!
Yeah that's how old I'll be when I start my CF journey

2011 Camaro SS/RS Synergy-1 of 255-Sold
You will be missed but you are in good hands!

2019 Challenger Hellcat
B5, Redeye, Widebody
Mydivorcegift is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2014, 05:51 AM   #1872
hrpiii
AKA "Beefcake"

Quote:
hi! i'm here

what are your goals? Just overall health or to compete in some powerlifting/strongman/bodybuilding?
Old 12-22-2014, 05:24 PM   #1873
avido

Quote:
Originally Posted by Normagene View Post
Gnc is way way overpriced. Lots of better options.
yes of course but i live in italy as you can read and there isn't a actually working supplements . let's take the animal pack at example. the european version it's simply 1/4 of the american version.

if i take some supplements from the us,the customs stops the package and send me a paper in which i find a directive to get the product .i'll need a doctor prescription ad other crap....well this is Italy. i go to U.S, usually new york,las vegas or los angeles and i take what i can put on the luggage

Quote:
what are your goals? Just overall health or to compete in some powerlifting/strongman/bodybuilding?
i don't have a goal i just train..
Old 12-23-2014, 06:18 AM   #1874
hrpiii
AKA "Beefcake"

Quote:
yes of course but i live in italy as you can read and there isn't a actually working supplements . let's take the animal pack at example. the european version it's simply 1/4 of the american version.

if i take some supplements from the us,the customs stops the package and send me a paper in which i find a directive to get the product .i'll need a doctor prescription ad other crap....well this is Italy. i go to U.S, usually new york,las vegas or los angeles and i take what i can put on the luggage

i don't have a goal i just train..
Awesome... now go train some more.. lol
Old 12-23-2014, 08:01 AM   #1875
Normagene

Drives: 2013 Ashen Gray M6 ZL1
Quote:

if i take some supplements from the us,the customs stops the package and send me a paper in which i find a directive to get the product .i'll need a doctor prescription ad other crap....well this is Italy. i go to U.S, usually new york,las vegas or los angeles and i take what i can put on the luggage ..

Doesn't customs check your luggage?
Normagene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2014, 06:06 PM   #1876
avido

Quote:
Originally Posted by Normagene View Post
Doesn't customs check your luggage?
in italy....it's very very unlikely..