Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Members Area > Off-topic Discussions

Bigwormgraphix

Old 09-25-2017, 10:06 AM   #15
JLSuperfly

Drives: 2014 Red Hot LS3
Anyone watch Graveyard Carz? Josh and Allysa split therefore, Josh is out. Also, Mark got rid of Darren. He is annoying anyway.
JLSuperfly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2017, 10:35 AM   #16
1970judge

Drives: 2015 Z/28, 2007 HHR
Quote:
Originally Posted by jrhagen View Post
Rumor around DFW says half the cars sold on Fast and Loud are sitting in a warehouse.
Same way most of them are/were. I remember the chop cut rebuild cars being literal chops and cuts and having to be redone in a lot of instances. Pimp my ride, west coast customs, list goes on. Lots of those shows half ass their way to a car and then finish it later, pitch it, or hand it over for the 'happy owner' to have to get redone in some form or fashion. The only one i've ever watched and liked was American Hotrod with Boyd coddington...and that show also went down the drain after about 5 episodes and it was the same old reality TV crap. Boyds quality went down the tubes as well. I am SO glad Tom Nelson survived the episodes he was in, too good of an engine builder to be put to death by a TV show that sucked.
1970judge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2017, 02:05 PM   #17
samman11

Drives: 2011 Camaro SS Convertible
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenny Camaro View Post
The only shows that are close to reality , Pantom works, and wheeler dealer. Any Richard Rawlings show is fake from beginning to end. Most of his cars he sells end up sitting in the garage and you see them in other episodes sitting in back ground shots. Overhauling was pretty factual, more so the later seasons when the quit "stealing" the cars and didn't have the 7-8 day deadline. If it's on the v ,its fake, just ask Vince McMahon
BINGO! I was going to say the same thing. You mentioned the only two shows that are worth a rat's ass.
samman11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2017, 02:37 PM   #18
JLSuperfly

What is annoying about Fantom Works is that every car they work on always turns into "worst condition than they initially thought". From such an experienced shop, they always end up going over the cost of the repair/rebuild.
Old 09-25-2017, 02:51 PM   #19
ZED SLED

Drives: 2017 Mosaic Bk ZL1 M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by JLSuperfly View Post
What is annoying about Fantom Works is that every car they work on always turns into "worst condition than they initially thought". From such an experienced shop, they always end up going over the cost of the repair/rebuild.
Those are the cars that should've had a catch can

ZED SLED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2017, 03:39 PM   #20
JLSuperfly

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZED SLED View Post
Those are the cars that should've had a catch can
LOL. Now that you've brought it up, I have never seen any Velocity show install a catch can on any car. Damn, all these guys are clueless. I am done.
Old 10-10-2017, 10:37 AM   #21
BMR Sales

Drives: Race Car
Quote:
Originally Posted by JLSuperfly View Post
What is annoying to me is his Brake Tests! Let's Flat Spot the customers brand new tires and see if the customer is happy.
BMR Sales is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2017, 01:38 PM   #22
JLSuperfly

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMR Sales View Post
What is annoying to me is his Brake Tests! Let's Flat Spot the customers brand new tires and see if the customer is happy.
Haha. LOL.
I find Dan sort of annoying the way he bullies his customers. There is this one episode where the customer got into an accident with his VW Beetle and did not take shit from Dan. He did not accept the car until it was the way he wanted it to be, not what Dan wants it to be.
Old 10-10-2017, 08:31 PM   #23
redirish

Drives: 10' IOM 2SS/RS/M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenny Camaro View Post
The only shows that are close to reality , Pantom works, and wheeler dealer. Any Richard Rawlings show is fake from beginning to end. Most of his cars he sells end up sitting in the garage and you see them in other episodes sitting in back ground shots. Overhauling was pretty factual, more so the later seasons when the quit "stealing" the cars and didn't have the 7-8 day deadline. If it's on the v ,its fake, just ask Vince McMahon
Velocity has taken over production of Wheeler Dealer and the mechanic from the show, Ed China, is leaving. The reason he gave is Velocity told him his in depth and detailed coverage on how to repair each car is too difficult to make and will be reduced. I'm sure now its going to be a reality car show like the rest of them.
redirish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2017, 09:19 PM   #24
Gunkk
Thank you Al Oppenheiser!

Drives: Red Hot A10 ZL1 Convertible
Shut up and fix the damn car.

Quote:
Originally Posted by redirish View Post
Velocity has taken over production of Wheeler Dealer and the mechanic from the show, Ed China, is leaving. The reason he gave is Velocity told him his in depth and detailed coverage on how to repair each car is too difficult to make and will be reduced. I'm sure now its going to be a reality car show like the rest of them.
Bummer. WD was one of the best, BECAUSE of Edd.

Jared Zimmerman's Car Fix isn't bad. Their Sta Bil Camaro was epic. Although I heard a rumor he does most of the work for the girls on all-girls garage.
Gunkk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2017, 09:28 PM   #25
JLSuperfly

Quote:
Seeing the first episode with Ant Anstead, this does not seem to be the case. Ant rebuilt the turbo and few other mechanical things in great detail. He even fabricated a third wing on the Ford Cosworth and did a wind tunnel test.
Old 10-11-2017, 12:09 PM   #26
BMR Sales

Drives: Race Car
Quote:
Did you watch the New Show? - it was good! I miss Edd but Ant seems to be a good replacement
BMR Sales is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2017, 12:12 PM   #27
SSEssence
Instagram: Sangstah

Drives: 2019 Camaro 1LE
Misfit Garage is definitely fake along with almost all of the Velocity shows, I bet their builds are shit in real life when you get down to the details. The only one I like is Bitchin Rides.

Follow the build https://www.camaro6.com/forums/showthread.php?t=612717
SSEssence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2017, 03:07 PM   #28
JLSuperfly

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMR Sales View Post
Did you watch the New Show? - it was good! I miss Edd but Ant seems to be a good replacement
Tonight's Wheeler Dealer episode is a Toyota Supra. Whoooooo!. I can't wait.
Also, for those who missed the first episode, they will show it again tonight.