Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Regional Forums > USA - California

Old 03-04-2016, 09:20 AM   #1
Scalded Dog

Drives: 2011 1LT
Police impersonator in Rialto

On Thursday, March 3, I was headed to work. At around 5:30 AM (it's still dark at that time of day), on the westbound 210, I saw some sort of minor altercation going on between two vehicles, a car and a bike, up ahead of me. Looked like maybe somebody was pissed off about getting cut off, or left- lane hogging... I don't really know. But there were brake lights and swerving and flashing high beams.

Then, the motorcycle involved lit up like the fourth of July with red and blue flashing lights, front and back. The car then immediately pulled to the left shoulder (everything was happening in the carpool lane), with the bike behind it. As I passed, I noticed that the bike was NOT a cop's bike... it was all black, and the rider was wearing black leathers and a full face (with shield) helmet. The bike was big (sorry, couldn't ID the make/ model), with saddlebags and a fairing.

Moments after I passed, the bike turned all of its red and blue light off, and gunned it. Moments later, the bike blew past me, weaving in and out of traffic, disappearing into the distance at 100- 120 MPH.

My guess is that the fake cop either chickened out about actually confronting somebody (maybe the driver of the car was big, or there were multiple people in the car... I do not know).

One reason I took notice is because two days before, same time of day and location, the same bike had come up beside me to randomly imitate a cop, in my opinion. I had seen the bike enter the freeway far behind me, with its high beams on. I took notice because I was doing 80- 85 MPH (yes, over the speed limit, but certainly with the flow of traffic), and, when you are going that fast, you sort of keep an eye out for CHP officers, including those on bikes. I saw the bike enter the freeway at a very high rate of speed, weave through traffic, and attempt to catch up with me (I have no idea why he singled me out... maybe somebody who owns a yellow Camaro slept with his wife). I was pretty convinced it was a cop.

I had, by this time, slowed to 65 MPH. The bike pulled up VERY close to my rear driver- side fender, and just hovered, ALMOST touching my car. I figured it was CHP calling in my plate number, and I was prepared to see red and blue lights come on. However, after hanging in that position for a while, the bike pulled forward a few feet, and again matched my speed, but RIGHT next to my driver window... inches away. The driver was "mad dogging" me, staring INTO the car. At this point, I noticed that this was NOT a cop's bike. Moments later, the biker sped off (my guess is that once he was able to see that I'm a pretty large male, he changed his mind about trying to pull me over, but, he was still getting his rocks off by making me THINK that he was a cop for a while... but he never did activate red and blue lights).

This was the same bike.

I was unable to get a plate number. I DO have both incidents on dash cam, but the resolution is not good enough to get a plate number, or any more detailed description than I have mentioned here.

I have reported this to the CHP... however, if you travel this route, or know anybody who does, be careful. Somebody is f'n around.
Scalded Dog is offline   Reply With Quote