Homepage Garage Wiki Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 6th gen Camaro vs...

BeckyD @ James Martin Chevy

Old 03-09-2021, 02:25 PM   #29
ST1LE

Drives: E92 BMW M3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jinso View Post
I have never been a fan of the 350/370z but this one does look pretty good.
Best modern version by far IMO. Really nice looking car.
Old 03-09-2021, 03:04 PM   #30
SirJangle

Drives: 2021 Acura RDX SH-AWD Advance
For some reason, I just don't like the area below the taillight assembly. The "line" with empty space above it. IMO, it would look better if the taillight assembly filled that entire area. Especially if that's a fill-in piece. I also don't like the body piece in front of the sideview mirrors.
SirJangle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2021, 03:57 PM   #31
UnknownJinX

Drives: 19 Chevrolet Camaro 2SS 1LE Shock
Quote:
Originally Posted by zaimer View Post
I'm still not certain how I feel about it. I definitely do not like that color. It is interesting to see the number of parts that have been carried over from the previous 370z, whether directly or slightly modified. It looks like they've borrowed the exhaust (or at the least the tips) from the Infiniti line as well. I love the Nissan has chosen to keep the manual parking brake, rather than "improve" by putting the electronic garbage that we have in the Camaro.
I am indifferent about the hand brake. I am not a drifter and pro drifters use those giant hydraulic ones anyway. As long as it holds the car while it's parked, that's all I want a hand brake to do.

On the other hand, manual transmission is a big deal to me. That's where my praises go to. Take that, Zupr4!

GM Performance Intake and that's it, because driver mods before car mods

Past:
2009 Mazda RX-8 GT M6 Velocity Red Mica (Sold)
2015 Chevrolet Corvette Z51 2LT M7 Velocity Yellow Tintcoat (Flood totaled)
UnknownJinX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2021, 04:44 PM   #32
Malbjey

Drives: 2022 Kia Stinger GT2
I absolutely love the retro tail light design. If we get a 7th gen Camaro I would love for them to take the same approach as well.

The front end is eh to me. I feel like it's too generic.
Malbjey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2021, 12:48 AM   #33
Mrbobcat

Drives: 2016 Mustang GT premium
I agree. I like it from all the angles except the front. It is growing on me, but they should have put some kind of curves going into the box front end opening or made it smaller. I think the Supra over did it with curves and fake vents, while they didn't do enough to the Z. Still not bad though. The Supra looks better with an aftermarket front chin spoiler and bigger rear spoiler IMO. I'm sure they will come out with some stuff for the Z too. I just don't know if I want to go more the muscle/pony car way like the Challenger or Mach 1 or more the smaller sports car route like the Supra or 400Z.
Mrbobcat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2021, 10:27 AM   #34
zaimer

Drives: 23 ZL1 6speed
Quote:
Originally Posted by UnknownJinX View Post
I am indifferent about the hand brake. I am not a drifter and pro drifters use those giant hydraulic ones anyway. As long as it holds the car while it's parked, that's all I want a hand brake to do.

On the other hand, manual transmission is a big deal to me. That's where my praises go to. Take that, Zupr4!
Yea, its a petty annoyance. Coming from previous traditional handbrakes, the electronic version just takes longer and isn't as trustworthy IMO. I say this in the sense that with my Z's, I was able to grab the brake up and get out of the car. Now with the Camaro there is the process or applying the brake, hitting the lever, watching for the light or feel the engagement...it is just more of a process than the handbrake.
zaimer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2021, 10:25 PM   #35
CamaroSSStlfan
Account Suspended

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS
I'd still rather have our raw power of the big V8.

What's it like driving an SS and then jumping into a 6? Even if it's almost as fast as the Camaro the lack of low end torque I'm sure takes getting used to.
CamaroSSStlfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2021, 03:20 AM   #36
Mrbobcat

Depends on the turbo and setup. Some turbo cars have a surge of torque at low rpm and then run out of steam near the top, while others build most of their power near the top end. I don't know about the 400z yet, but the exhaust sounds very good on the new Supra. Granted not as good as a V8 and its a inline six with one turbo while the Z is supposed to have a V6 with twin turbos.
Old 03-11-2021, 07:45 AM   #37
zaimer

Quote:
Originally Posted by CamaroSSStlfan View Post
I'd still rather have our raw power of the big V8.

What's it like driving an SS and then jumping into a 6? Even if it's almost as fast as the Camaro the lack of low end torque I'm sure takes getting used to.
I agree, for the most part. Up until the 6th Gen SS, the Camaro's sucked as a driver's car IMO. The Z's, in particular, would run circles around most cars in a real world (backroad) situation. While the power may be less, some are willing to sacrifice for the enjoyment of the drive. I'm happy to say the my SS has a similar attitude. You wouldn't have caught me dead with a previous Gen.
Old 03-11-2021, 10:43 AM   #38
UnknownJinX

Drives: 19 Chevrolet Camaro 2SS 1LE Shock
Quote:
Originally Posted by zaimer View Post
Yea, its a petty annoyance. Coming from previous traditional handbrakes, the electronic version just takes longer and isn't as trustworthy IMO. I say this in the sense that with my Z's, I was able to grab the brake up and get out of the car. Now with the Camaro there is the process or applying the brake, hitting the lever, watching for the light or feel the engagement...it is just more of a process than the handbrake.
Yeah the Camaro electric hand brake is a bit on the slower side, after comparing it to my friend's Mazda6. The Mazda6 one is pretty quick and I have no complaint.

But I just got used to it and having it out of the way is generally a nice thing IMO, but YMMV.

GM Performance Intake and that's it, because driver mods before car mods

Past:
2009 Mazda RX-8 GT M6 Velocity Red Mica (Sold)
2015 Chevrolet Corvette Z51 2LT M7 Velocity Yellow Tintcoat (Flood totaled)
UnknownJinX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2021, 01:22 PM   #39
zaimer

Quote:
Originally Posted by UnknownJinX View Post
Yeah the Camaro electric hand brake is a bit on the slower side, after comparing it to my friend's Mazda6. The Mazda6 one is pretty quick and I have no complaint.

But I just got used to it and having it out of the way is generally a nice thing IMO, but YMMV.
Yeah, it is fine once you get used to it; I really don't mind it now. It has it's pros/cons just like everything else. However if I were to build a car and there was a choice between the traditional and the electric, I would contemplate a bit.
Old 03-11-2021, 01:29 PM   #40
Staves

Drives: women crazy
New Z is a cool alternative I guess. But the V8 in the SS and the instant torque as already been said is something I couldn’t give up. Not to mention the glorious soundtrack. If you value that, you’d surely miss it if you want for a 6.
Old 03-18-2021, 08:45 AM   #41
Realist

Drives: No Camaro :(
Quote:
Originally Posted by Laststandard View Post
I like it but boy does it need a ducktail spoiler on the back.
+1

The front headlights could use a redesign too.
Realist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2021, 12:20 AM   #42
Mrbobcat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Realist View Post
+1

The front headlights could use a redesign too.
Yeah, I'm still not sure about the front end styling. I don't really like the headlights on the Supra either. I would like to see them both in person. I think I decided against the Supra though, but don't know if its worth waiting for more info on the Z. I'm still leaning heavily on ordering a 1320. I found a guy that can get it for 4% under invoice and then if I can use the 0% interest for 72 months. That along with a nice trade in equity from my Mustang since trade in values are extremely good at the moment and it may be a pretty reasonable payment. Just wish I had a better idea of what the next gen Challenger had in store. I've heard it could be a bit lighter with pretty much the same drivetrain or it could have an electric assist motor or it could be all electric.