Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

AWE Tuning

Old 06-12-2020, 01:07 PM   #1
Altered Carbon
Ghost Spawn

Drives: Camaro
What's the dumbest/funniest thing you've been pulled over by the police for?

For me, it was, "Your car is too bright and it's a distraction/hazard to other drivers." It's the stock summit white, it's just clean. This was on a nice sunny day and I feel that there was clearly another reason for being stopped. I don't know what it was though. But, no warning, no ticket, didn't even ask for my license. "...too bright"

Last edited by Altered Carbon; 06-13-2020 at 10:54 AM.
Altered Carbon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2020, 01:12 PM   #2
c4racer

Drives: 2016 SS Convertible
Tell them take that up with GM - not much you can do about a car's original color!
c4racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2020, 01:13 PM   #3
dmcmahan60

Drives: 2017 SS
I don't know how fast you were going but I heard you
dmcmahan60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2020, 01:14 PM   #4
LT4Greg

Drives: 2017 Camaro ZL1 Coupe
Sounds like maybe it blinded the cop when he saw you or maybe he just wanted to get a better look at your Camaro. Some cops are cool about musclecars as they are gear heads too!
Old 06-12-2020, 01:20 PM   #5
Camaro_QC

Drives: 08 Tiburon GS, 2018 Camaro 2.0T
I've been pulled 4 times in my life and out of those 4, I left without a ticket in 4 of them.

The worse was "got you going 130km/h in a 70km/h zone". But I had an issue with my hood, it wouldn't lock, it was only latched. I was literally going 70 because I was afraid the hood would open at higher speed. Once I told that to the officer, he let me go 15 minutes after.

Got puller for taking on the phone, but I was actually resting my head on my arm.

Windows tint too dark, the law is 70% and above. They tolerate 50-70%. He tested mine and got 67%. I looked at the officer and asked him what I should do... He told me to keep driving.

Should have gotten a ticket on the 4th one (which happened to be the first time). But got lucky and the police just gave me a verbal warning. I basically turned left on a solid green after the flashing green. I was halfway in the intersection, stopped completely, then kept going.... But it was my first day with my driving licence. Got it the very morning. When the officer asked me for my driving licence and saw the temporary paper, she told me I would have got a ticket and let me go. Got lucky there.

So yeah, mostly stupid stuff but still funny.
1100 - 5/08/2018 | 3800 - 6/18/2018
2000 - 5/09/2018 | 4200 - 6/21/2018
3000 - 5/28/2018 | 5000 - 6/27/2018
6000 - 6/29/2018
Camaro_QC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2020, 01:23 PM   #6
Altered Carbon
Ghost Spawn

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmcmahan60 View Post
I don't know how fast you were going but I heard you
I haven't had that one yet thankfully.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LT4Greg View Post
Sounds like maybe it blinded the cop when he saw you or maybe he just wanted to get a better look at your Camaro. Some cops are cool about musclecars as they are gear heads too!
Maybe! He just seemed like he was just confused about something. He wasn't rude or anything, just... he almost seemed embarrassed? It was all just strange.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Camaro_QC View Post
I've been pulled 4 times in my life and out of those 4, I left without a ticket in 4 of them.

The worse was "got you going 130km/h in a 70km/h zone". But I had an issue with my hood, it wouldn't lock, it was only latched. I was literally going 70 because I was afraid the hood would open at higher speed. Once I told that to the officer, he let me go 15 minutes after.

Got puller for taking on the phone, but I was actually resting my head on my arm.

Windows tint too dark, the law is 70% and above. They tolerate 50-70%. He tested mine and got 67%. I looked at the officer and asked him what I should do... He told me to keep driving.

Should have gotten a ticket on the 4th one (which happened to be the first time). But got lucky and the police just gave me a verbal warning. I basically turned left on a solid green after the flashing green. I was halfway in the intersection, stopped completely, then kept going.... But it was my first day with my driving licence. Got it the very morning. When the officer asked me for my driving licence and saw the temporary paper, she told me I would have got a ticket and let me go. Got lucky there.

So yeah, mostly stupid stuff but still funny.
Jeez. Saying 130 was a pretty big leap! Needs to check his radar gun. The tint thing is an issue here but they don't have anything to actually check it other than their eyes, so, they can't do anything about it.
Old 06-12-2020, 01:33 PM   #7
FarmerFran

Drives: 2023 ZL1 Vert M6 "Sharky"
I was pulled over in Bethesda, MD doing 47 in a 45. I said you have got to be shitting me, the officer said, nope.

Needless to say the Judge was not to thrilled about wasting time and resources and I got innocent plea granted.

EDIT: Friends in Keller, TX say they will pull you for 1mph over.
FarmerFran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2020, 01:37 PM   #8
Altered Carbon
Ghost Spawn

Quote:
Originally Posted by FarmerFran View Post
I was pulled over in Bethesda, MD doing 47 in a 45. I said you have got to be shitting me, the officer said, nope.

Needless to say the Judge was not to thrilled about wasting time and resources and I got innocent plea granted.

EDIT: Friends in Keller, TX say they will pull you for 1mph over.
I had a friend have pretty much the same thing happen. I know the speed limit is there for a reason, but 1-2 mph slower or faster... come on. That's a bit ridiculous. I'd feel the same way if I were the judge.
Old 06-12-2020, 01:40 PM   #9
JT58

Drives: Former 2016 Camaro 1LT
Ha good one that I remember very well. I was driving a Nissan Sentra Spec V back in early 2000's. It was my work commuter car back then. It was a car more common with 20 year olds than with guys like me, which I was in my 40's at the time. I was going down a side back road- the speed limit 35 MPH. A cop routinely hid nearby in an unmarked Suburban. I drove by on this clear day- it had stormed the day before and the roads were just getting clear. I kept my car immaculate- it was particularly immaculate this day, no salt on it at all. When I drove by a certain spot, he came flying out with his lights on and pulled me over. I was doing about 37, i thought he was going to write me up for 2 MPH over the speed limit. When he saw me he was shocked how old I was- he emphasized on "sir" after he greeted me. He thought I was going to be some random young guy. So he asked me how I keep my car so clean, LOL, then let me go. I'll always remember that strange pull over.

I have another good one. I was driving a Jeep Wrangler kind of the same time frame. It was the last day of the month, I was on my home from a friends and it was around 11:00. A cop pulls out randomly and pulls me over. He says that my registration sticker on the plate is about to expire and my vehicle was not registered for the next coming year. I said that it is- I have the new sticker and registration in the Glovebox and was going to put it on in the morning. That's how I always updated my registrations. I showed him and he let me go.
Old 06-12-2020, 01:49 PM   #10
TRZ06

Drives: 22' Porsche PDK GT4
I can't say I have ever been pulled over for something stupid,

HOWEVER, I have been pulled over for being stupid.

Back in my youth, I decided it would be a good idea to pace a cop car on the freeway who had his lights on and gong well above the speed limit. When I exited the freeway, he slowed down and exited behind me and then preceded to give me a ticket.

Although not as stupid, I have also been pulled over for speeding by being paced from a CHP plane above. I saw a cop on the side of the road way ahead of me and slowed down, as I passed I saw his lights and thought, no way that is for me, I slowed down way before he saw me, YELP, it was in fact for me.

Previous:
18' NFG 2SS 1LE (ZL1 1LE solid rear cradle bushings & Corsa Exhaust)
16' F80 M3 (Ohlin R/T Coilovers)
13' Audi TTRS (APR Stage 1, MSS Springs)
09' C6 Z06
08' E90 M3
06' 335i (KW V2 Coilovers)
03' C5 Z06
TRZ06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2020, 01:49 PM   #11
Altered Carbon
Ghost Spawn

Quote:
Originally Posted by JT58 View Post
Ha good one that I remember very well. I was driving a Nissan Sentra Spec V back in early 2000's. It was my work commuter car back then. It was a car more common with 20 year olds than with guys like me, which I was in my 40's at the time. I was going down a side back road- the speed limit 35 MPH. A cop routinely hid nearby in an unmarked Suburban. I drove by on this clear day- it had stormed the day before and the roads were just getting clear. I kept my car immaculate- it was particularly immaculate this day, no salt on it at all. When I drove by a certain spot, he came flying out with his lights on and pulled me over. I was doing about 37, i thought he was going to write me up for 2 MPH over the speed limit. When he saw me he was shocked how old I was- he emphasized on "sir" after he greeted me. He thought I was going to be some random young guy. So he asked me how I keep my car so clean, LOL, then let me go. I'll always remember that strange pull over.

I have another good one. I was driving a Jeep Wrangler kind of the same time frame. It was the last day of the month, I was on my home from a friends and it was around 11:00. A cop pulls out randomly and pulls me over. He says that my registration sticker on the plate is about to expire and my vehicle was not registered for the next coming year. I said that it is- I have the new sticker and registration in the Glovebox and was going to put it on in the morning. That's how I always updated my registrations. I showed him and he let me go.
at the Sentra one. While reading that I pictured the cop in my head seeming confused and saying "Sir" the way you said, putting emphasis on it due to the fact he was expecting like a 20-25 year old behind the wheel. Then "How do you keep it so clean?". Guess he had to have some kind of reason. That's funny. Maybe he was being for real though and just really wondering, but, seems that's a little on the "abusing his power" side.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TRZ06 View Post
I can't say I have ever been pulled over for something stupid,

HOWEVER, I have been pulled over for being stupid.

Back in my youth, I decided it would be a good idea to pace a cop car on the freeway who had his lights on and gong well above the speed limit. When I exited the freeway, he slowed down and exited behind me and then preceded to give me a ticket.

Although not as stupid, I have also been pulled over for speeding by being paced from a CHP plane above. I saw a cop on the side of the road way ahead of me and slowed down, as I passed I saw his lights and thought, no way that is for me, I slowed down way before he saw me, YELP, it was in fact for me.
Ha! Pacing a police car will do it I would imagine. It was worth a shot though! I'm 36 but I've certainly done some dumb things before in my early 20s as well.
Old 06-12-2020, 01:51 PM   #12
SSDan

Drives: 2016 1SS 6MT NPP
In the late 70's while driving my 70 Mustang Mach 1 - I went ripping by a county sheriff who had just pulled to a stop sign on a side road . It had a 351 that I hand built with a cam, full bolt-ons and a 4-speed. I was deep into third gear when I flew by him - so I was going at least 100 mph. He pulled out and hit the lights. I let off and pulled to the side and killed the engine (no way was I going to let him hear the cam thump through header mufflers with axle dump pipes). He wrote me a warning for having a license plate light out (it was just dark enough to have the lights on).

I think he didn't write me up for speeding for two reasons. He didn't have any idea how fast I was going as h didn't have radar in the car (or he did and it didn't get a lock) and I was active duty military. I gave him my military ID along with my driver's license. Many cops in those days were ex-military. I got lucky - he could have written me up for reckless operation and impounded the car.

2010 Camaro 2SS Cam/Headers/CAI/3.91 gears
476 rwhp/440 rwtq (sold)

Last edited by SSDan; 06-12-2020 at 02:04 PM.
SSDan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2020, 02:01 PM   #13
ZED SLED

Drives: 2017 Mosaic Bk ZL1 M6
Many years ago I cruising about 80 on I-495 around DC and saw someone in the road up ahead. As I got closer I realized it was a cop motioning me to the side of the road (left side). As I came screeching to halt, about 30 feet past him, I asked him when he walked up to my window, "You didn't think I could stop back there as fast as I was going do you?" He just laughed and said, "Here's your ticket. $45. Just mail it in."

ZED SLED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2020, 02:06 PM   #14
ZL1 1LE
@zle_blackwing

Drives: 2018 ZL1 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by JT58 View Post

I had a similar experience in what is still my daily driver, a Nissan 350Z Roadster. The cop pulled me over and was flustered to find out that I wasn't a young kid who they could intimidate. It pretty much ended in "if you stop arguing with me, I'll let you go"!