Homepage Garage Wiki Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

AWE Tuning

Old 05-13-2017, 07:12 PM   #1
17Blk1LE

Drives: 2017 Black Camaro SS 1lE
2017 Camaro 1LE shipping in Limbo

I am wondering if anyone can help me out on why my car has been 4300 intermediate delivery for 15 days. I called my dealer today and they have no updates for me. I am running out of patience.
17Blk1LE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2017, 09:50 PM   #2
slick3

Drives: Garnet Red - 20 ZLE
Cancel your order and get a 2018
slick3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2017, 05:23 AM   #3
HyperBlueX2

Drives: '22 Silverado 2500HD Duramax LTZ
Deliveries to the northeast have been difficult. The railways are full and catching a train ride is difficult in that direction. It will be there soon....
Old 05-14-2017, 06:17 AM   #4
zl1 canada

Drives: 2017 ZL1 coupe
mine was stuck there for 3 week also, then all at once it was in at dealer, this was 2 weeks ago, patience
zl1 canada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2017, 11:06 AM   #5
dotfiles
@SS_1LE

Drives: 2017 SS 1LE
I think I've seen 4300 for up to a month on some orders. Just be patient, it will show up soon enough
Old 05-14-2017, 09:10 PM   #6
17Blk1LE

Thanks for the input, but with shipment to the Northeast shouldn't be especially when a close by dealer just received a Yenko. A Yenko with only 50 built can make it to the Northeast. I guess I will have to keep waiting
Old 05-15-2017, 04:52 AM   #7
HyperBlueX2

Drives: '22 Silverado 2500HD Duramax LTZ
Quote:
Originally Posted by 17Blk1LE View Post
Thanks for the input, but with shipment to the Northeast shouldn't be especially when a close by dealer just received a Yenko. A Yenko with only 50 built can make it to the Northeast. I guess I will have to keep waiting
Yenko's are 3rd party and most likely came on a carrier......
Old 05-15-2017, 05:23 AM   #8
Dubchitts

Drives: '17 Red hot 2ss, 16 Focus RS
Mine had to travel from lansing to grand rapids, less than 50 miles. And it took 2 weeks -_-

Afe Air Filter//BMR MM010 Motor Mounts, Safety Loop//Custom OTR Intake//Flex Fuel Kit//Gforce 3.5" Aluminum Driveshaft//GM 95mm TB//Katech Oil Pump, Piston Squirters//Kooks 1-7/8 LT//LT4 Fueling//Mighty Mouse Wild//Monster Clutch LT1-S Triple Disc//MSD 2-Step//Pray Performance Custom Spec Cam, Ported Holley Hi-Ram//Sikky 12" Shifter w OEM Knob Mod//Tick Level 1 Tr6060//Labor by Me//Tune By Pray Performance
Dubchitts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2017, 07:57 AM   #9
17Blk1LE

GM needs to do a better management on shipping of their product if they want to keep customers coming back. Also paying up front on shipping and the dealer putting SOLD on the order I would assume the car would be here sooner. I.E...my wife order a Jeep last year in May and she received it in first week of July. Sorry for the
Old 05-15-2017, 08:15 AM   #10
HDRDTD

Drives: 2013 Triple Black ZL1 Vert M6 ECF
Reminds me of back in very early 2011 when they announced the 2011 SS convertible.
I went to the dealer, sat down with the salesman and ordered one with almost every option in the book including the 21" wheel, ground effects, etc, etc.
My order got picked up and I was given the TPW.
The TPW came and yes the car WAS produced, but THEN the waiting game started as the tracking system indicated it had been built, it traveled to the shop for the stripes, came back, and was waiting for shipment.

And THAT's where it sat for 3 weeks. Neither I nor the dealer could get ANY information from GM OR the shipping dept as to WHY it was being held there for so long. I didn't care it was there waiting, as long as I could get any kind of reason/answer.

I finally got fed up with waiting, told the dealer that if we hadn't heard ANYTHING by Tuesday, I'd be there to pick up my deposit and I'd cancel the order. The dealership was very understanding and said 'no problem'

Tuesday came and no answer from GM, so I picked up my deposit and went home.
During all this, is when I met BeckyD and she had located a similar car at a local dealer for me. Didn't have all the options, but the ones I wanted that it didn't have were all dealer-installed options anyway.

Wednesday, I went to the dealer with the 2011 2SS black M6 convertible, and bought it on the spot.

The very next day, the dealer where I had ordered my car got a note from GM, your car has just shipped. !!

Murphy's Law.

Evidently, it turns out that my order was part of a group of convertibles that had been chosen for a 4-week hold for a routine QC inspection. Evidently that is a standard, common practice when a new car is produced. They want to go over the cars with a fine tooth comb to insure that everything is what and where it should be, to insure the production process is working properly.

No idea if the OP's car is being held for a similar reason, my point is just that sometimes, you just need to be patient for longer than you want to be.

Hang in there, it will come some day and you'll learn what a Permagrin is all about.
HDRDTD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2017, 09:21 AM   #11
17Blk1LE

Very similar situation I am in now. I order this 1LE with every option/accessory (50k). The only problem is the dealer can't find a car I want. I am starting to understand from all other posters that patience is the keyword. I will keep everyone updated as soon as I get it. Maybe it's for the better that it's delayed, because it's heavy pollen season here in the Northeast and having a black car it will show..