Homepage Garage Wiki Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Specific Packages / Variants > 6th gen Camaro Convertible

Bigwormgraphix

Old 11-26-2019, 02:41 PM   #1
GroundhogSS

Drives: '17 2SS convertible'20 Yukon Denali
Convertible specific problem

I found a problem that would have to be called operator screw up. I replaced the battery last week, for the second time, the first one was bad. After installation, I got several error codes on the dash.

"Top not secure"
"Open then close driver window"
"Complete top motion to open trunk"
"Only manual operation of top possible"

Obviously a sensor problem but where. I took it to the dealer and found out that behind the battery is a pivot mechanism for the tonneau that has a sensor connected at the bottom. Apparently I bumped it with the new battery and unplugged it. They also had to re-flash some firmware on one of the modules that had become corrupted.

I just wanted to make all the other convertible owners aware of the possible problem. Obviously my fault but it also seems to be a potential for happening too easily. It needs some kind of shield.

Delivered: 08/15/2016

#TeamBeckyD

GroundhogSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2019, 03:06 PM   #2
Mark114

Drives: 2016 2SS Convertible
Wow. Glad you were able to get it resolved. Thanks for sharing!
Mark114 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2021, 01:06 PM   #3
Ssvertlife

Drives: 2017 Silver SS Convertible
Did your car ever do this again?

Quote:
Originally Posted by GroundhogSS View Post
I found a problem that would have to be called operator screw up. I replaced the battery last week, for the second time, the first one was bad. After installation, I got several error codes on the dash.

"Top not secure"
"Open then close driver window"
"Complete top motion to open trunk"
"Only manual operation of top possible"

Obviously a sensor problem but where. I took it to the dealer and found out that behind the battery is a pivot mechanism for the tonneau that has a sensor connected at the bottom. Apparently I bumped it with the new battery and unplugged it. They also had to re-flash some firmware on one of the modules that had become corrupted.

I just wanted to make all the other convertible owners aware of the possible problem. Obviously my fault but it also seems to be a potential for happening too easily. It needs some kind of shield.
Ssvertlife is offline   Reply With Quote