Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 04-01-2021, 04:31 PM   #1
Blix48

Drives: 2010 SS
How much is my car worth? looking for help!

I have a 2010 manual 2SS with 69k miles. It has AP racing/Stillen big break kit that consists of 2 piece 16.5 inch 6 piston fronts and 15 inch 4 piston rears (about $9k), Pfadt engineering stage 3 suspension kit including fully adjustable coilovers, sway bars, and subframe mounts (about $7K). Kooks long tube headers High flow cats with CNT racing exhaust (about $4k). Vararam intake. MHT short shift kit. Rennen 20" forged wheels wrapped in 315 20 and 275 20 extreme contacts. Just Added in the within the last 1000 miles Summit racing competition coil packs 9 mil wires and NGK platinum plugs and a new starter. and am waiting on a replacement SLP splitter. if someone was looking for a track prepped car minus the roll cage this is it. Just looking for some opinions on what you all think it might be worth. KBB is between $15-17k trade in and private party but im thinking advertised in the right place to people who can appreciate the upgrades $20+? Any help/advice is greatly appreciated
Blix48 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2021, 05:43 PM   #2
morepowerjoe

Drives: 2012 Chevrolet Camaro l99
That's the problem with our sickness. You can mod all you want but can't really expect someone to pay what you have in it when it comes time to sell. Some people are all about getting a stock vehicle. Some want something exotic so they buy something already exotic. But if your looking for someone that wants to buy what you like than I think your looking for a hard sell. And if your lucky really lucky you find someone willing to meet you maybe half way. Just my 2cents.
DSS FX Forged Pistons, Eagle ESP L19 Forged Rods, ARP Head and Main Studs, TSP PRC 260 CNC Ported Heads milled .030, Cometic .040 Head Gaskets, GPI SS3 VVT Camshaft, GM Performance Racing Lifters, CHE Trunnions , Molly Pushrods, Melling 10355HV Oil Pump, Cold Air Inductions CAI, Fast LSXR Intake Manifold, Nick Williams 103 TB, TSP 1 7/8" Longtubes with 3" TSP Exhaust, ZL1 Fuel Pump, Mishimoto Radiator, Mishimoto Oil Cooler, Tru Cool 40k Tranny Cooler, 3600 Circle D Converter, Fluid Dynamics Balancer

Build Thread https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=609817
morepowerjoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2021, 06:07 PM   #3
Moto-Mojo
Fast Cars and Old Guitars

Drives: 2015 2SS RS (L99, baby!)
This^^^ It’s a Chevy Camaro, first and foremost. Beyond that, it’s the art of the negotiation deal. Good luck.
Old 04-01-2021, 10:20 PM   #4
RupertPupkin

Drives: 2014 Camaro SS 1Le
Cheaper to keep her. KBB is a joke. Nada & truecar is 13-15k
730whp: 630Trq
RupertPupkin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2021, 08:20 AM   #5
ElderJ

Drives: 2014 Camaro 1LT
Quote:
Originally Posted by RupertPupkin View Post
Cheaper to keep her. KBB is a joke. Nada & truecar is 13-15k

I don't use any of those online estimate sites when negotiating a sale/purchase. I pull up the sites where real people are selling real cars and use that as a baseline. Dealerships are going to take a huge cut both ways, but you just have to expect and accept that as the price of them doing business with us.

And as it has already been stated, mods don't matter unless you're selling the car privately, in which case your market would fluctuate between the enthusiast and the purist.
ElderJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2021, 09:10 AM   #6
BuddyLee

Drives: 2013 Camaro 2SS/RS
It seems like Craig's List would have a good sample of what a car is selling for.
BuddyLee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2021, 02:52 PM   #7
RupertPupkin

Drives: 2014 Camaro SS 1Le
Quote:
Originally Posted by ElderJ View Post
I don't use any of those online estimate sites when negotiating a sale/purchase. I pull up the sites where real people are selling real cars and use that as a baseline. Dealerships are going to take a huge cut both ways, but you just have to expect and accept that as the price of them doing business with us.

And as it has already been stated, mods don't matter unless you're selling the car privately, in which case your market would fluctuate between the enthusiast and the purist.
Huh? So you base a sale off of cars.com or auto trader? Craigslist?
730whp: 630Trq
RupertPupkin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2021, 08:54 PM   #8
ElderJ

Drives: 2014 Camaro 1LT
Quote:
Originally Posted by RupertPupkin View Post
Huh? So you base a sale off of cars.com or auto trader? Craigslist?

Yes. Hit up Craigslist, Facebook, and sites where people are selling Camaros in your area. That gives you the most accurate and clear look at the market. If there's a dearth of Camaros being sold, then you can either expand your search or use similar vehicles (Mustang and Challenger for example).

If you're looking to do a trade-in, use your search as the baseline rather than what the stealership is going to throw at you. Accept the fact that you're going to take a hit as the price of business, but calculate your hit on your numbers and not theirs.
ElderJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2021, 07:17 AM   #9
pyroguy
Started#gottalovethatblue

Drives: ABM #831
The problem lies with having a car that is modified. Many people won’t touch it for fear that it has been tracked hard and there’s likely something wrong with it, otherwise why would the owner be selling it? I’m not saying that is what you’ve done, but that’s what a lot of people think. The other buyer will look at it as a HUGE savings for them since you appear to have put some quality parts into it and the new owner won’t have to do that. The problem is that finding that person is difficult.

On a typical market you could get probably high teens to low $20’s for the car if you sold it (I know, OUCH!), but you might get mid $20’s to someone who is looking for a modified car.
'10 Camaro 2SS/RS | Aqua Blue #831 of 3,903 | Silver Stripes
Check out my build thread
pyroguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2021, 07:39 AM   #10
G8One2

Drives: 2014 Camaro 2SS
Realistically, its only worth what the bank will pay for it, if someone is financing it. Unless someone is paying cash and wants the car and all the mods with a negotiated value, expect to get book value for the car. Keep in mind, people are visual buyers. Everything about the car visually, needs to look fantastic if you want top dollar for it. Any mods that were done to personalize the car to YOUR liking, may very well hurt your sale potential. Just because you think a particular mod looks great, doesn't mean the next guy will. That's the problem with modifying and personalizing your cars. Doing it tastefully, will help your chances with resale. Mods generally devalue the car, but can depend on the buyer.
G8One2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2021, 10:50 AM   #11
Greenhornet2

Drives: 2011 Camaro 2SS LS3 Whipple
All depends how patient you are and if you find the right buyer. I bought my 11 with 10k miles on it 2 years ago for $20k stock with an intake and exhaust. Mods aren't worth a lot but if you find the right person they will pay a little more than stock if that was their mod plan anyway. I will never get what I put in back out, but I wouldn't accept stock price for the level my car is at. Throw it up for $21k and see what happens. Sold my 86 TA 3 years ago that was painted and had 0 rust with 130k miles for $8500. I got plenty of assholes telling me it wasn't worth $2500.. Value is very subjective in certain situations.
Whipple 2.9 CAI ID1050x injectors ZL1 Pump JRE FPCM JMS Voltage booster JRE Rough Idle blower cam BTR .660 springs CHE trunnion kit 1 7/8 Speed Engineering Borla Atak JRE scoop 1.5" lowering springs BMR trailing arms and toe links Cradle inserts 704WHP 603WTQ 93 octane
Greenhornet2 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
advice or opinions, for sale 2ss, help me