Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 6th gen Camaro vs...

AWE Tuning

Old 02-06-2020, 08:38 AM   #435
TreedYou

Drives: 2011 Camaro SS, 2013 Mustang GT
You know for a fact what people call a road course in the car community and you're pulling up the dictionary to make yourself right by separating two words and technically holding them to their definitions when you know what people call a "road course". Come on now...
Same thing as saying "cam only" or...

That's a "car", and it's on the "street" right?

Let's pull up the dictionary so that I can be right. LMAO!

You're just being silly because you can't allow yourself to be wrong on the internet.
TreedYou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2020, 08:41 AM   #436
Laststandard

Drives: 2018 1SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlaqWhole View Post
You guys wanna bicker back and forth and insist that the only correct way to think about anything regarding racing is your way. There are straight up definitions for words in the dictionary. And there are definitions for terms. I just posted up a quote on what a road course is. Yet you still want to debate that it is something different. So what do you want me to tell you then? What is YOUR definition of a "road course". And do you have sources to back it up? Road course, road circuit, race track, race circuit, road racing, Nascar, which one are you talking about or which one are you trying to define or which one do YOU think I am talking about? Tell me and let's get this fcuking thing settled and move on. Make sure TreedYou, Last Standard, Rodan, and whoever the hell else has some damn definition is aware of what this means to. Because I give up. I have no idea how I can explain it in an even simpler term.
LOL ok
Old 02-06-2020, 08:42 AM   #437
BlaqWhole
Account Suspended

Drives: 2017 Camaro ZL1 A10
Sometimes you just gotta walk away from trolls and ignore them.
BlaqWhole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2020, 08:43 AM   #438
shaffe

Drives: 21 Bronco
Quote:
Over a decade ago I got into a debate with a friend of mine. My thought was that going all out at the drag strip was for bragging rights. I said I preferred to see what my car could do in conditions that I normally drive in. I mean, what good is a 10.6 in the best conditions when it becomes 11.6 in every day conditions? To this day I have not launched, lowered tire pressure, ran on 1/4 tank of gas (dangerous anyway), or done any of those tricks that people do. All my times are from pulling up to the line and feathering the clutch (in my manual cars) or rolling lightly off the throttle and then nailing it when the tires hook. Hence the 11.8 I ran in my ZL1. I left it in D no paddles no launch on 32 psi. I don't do max effort runs.

But when I get the C8, all of that will change as I'll be gunning for high 10s.
I see nothing wrong with that line of thinking. That probably works for the majority of the people out there.

I stopped that line of thinking when I raced in a series for a few years, competitively. not just test n tune but a 10 race series, that's when I started to not care about what happened on the street but only on the strip(that + the one time I almost got busted lol)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rodan View Post
Well, it's not.

You are talking about events on closed public roads (like the Silver State), and runways (standing 1/2 mile/mile etc), and conflating it with closed course road racing tracks, which is what most people mean when they're refering to "road courses".

At this point it's pretty obvious you're doing it deliberately to be argumentive. Please stop.
Quote:
No. Don't give me that. Answer the question. Tell me YOUR definition so I can say what I'm trying to say and you understand it. Because I honestly have no clue what you're asking or trying to get out of this right now.
Blaq I get what you are saying, but I would think if you were to poll most car enthusiasts and you said road course most people would think of a closed track like Laguna, Road America, Willow Springs, VIR etc etc. That is what I think of. When I hear road course, I think a closed track. I think lap times. I don't think rented road, private road, runway, or parking lot for auto x.
it has more power...its available power is like a set kof double Ds (no matter where your face is... theyre everywhere) it has the suspension to mame it matter...(
shaffe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2020, 08:44 AM   #439
TreedYou

Quote:
Sometimes you just gotta walk away from trolls and ignore them.

That's right take the easy way out instead of being wrong.
I am surprised you don't take issue with the word hamburger being that there is no "ham" in the "burger"

Do you see what I did there?
Old 02-06-2020, 08:58 AM   #440
BlaqWhole
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by shaffe View Post
I see nothing wrong with that line of thinking. That probably works for the majority of the people out there.

I stopped that line of thinking when I raced in a series for a few years, competitively. not just test n tune but a 10 race series, that's when I started to not care about what happened on the street but only on the strip(that + the one time I almost got busted lol)

Blaq I get what you are saying, but I would think if you were to poll most car enthusiasts and you said road course most people would think of a closed track like Laguna, Road America, Willow Springs, VIR etc etc. That is what I think of. When I hear road course, I think a closed track. I think lap times. I don't think rented road, private road, runway, or parking lot for auto x.
Ah it's fine, lol!! Everyone has a definition for something these days. Forget it. It's not worth the time anyway.

When you raced, was your car a dedicated race car? If so then I feel that you could accurately consider it to be what it ran at it's best.
Old 02-06-2020, 08:59 AM   #441
TreedYou

Holy moses on rubber crutches just say you're wrong man!
And you wonder why people get into it with you.

You're sitting here changing definitions for known car community terms so that you won't be "technically" wrong.
Do you know how silly that is?
Old 02-06-2020, 09:08 AM   #442
minn19

Drives: 22 ZL1, 20 Taco, 20 Cayenne S
Quote:
Originally Posted by TreedYou View Post
You know for a fact what people call a road course in the car community and you're pulling up the dictionary to make yourself right by separating two words and technically holding them to their definitions when you know what people call a "road course". Come on now...
Same thing as saying "cam only" or...

That's a "car", and it's on the "street" right?

Let's pull up the dictionary so that I can be right. LMAO!

You're just being silly because you can't allow yourself to be wrong on the internet.
Quote:
Originally Posted by TreedYou View Post
Holy moses on rubber crutches just say you're wrong man!
And you wonder why people get into it with you.

You're sitting here changing definitions for known car community terms so that you won't be "technically" wrong.
Do you know how silly that is?

This is what I get when I google "road course."

https://www.google.com/search?q=ROAD...hrome&ie=UTF-8

And for the hell of it.........

https://www.caranddriver.com/feature...-road-courses/
minn19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2020, 09:11 AM   #443
RobbyBeefcake87

Drives: 2018 Camaro SS 1LE
Quote:
No. Don't give me that. Answer the question. Tell me YOUR definition so I can say what I'm trying to say and you understand it. Because I honestly have no clue what you're asking or trying to get out of this right now.
Pretty obvious most of the people here are referring to a road course where road racing is done, either a closed circuit or street circuit. That was the original talking point, that there was no road racing road course where the gt500 could hit 180mph. Legally there closed plubic road events or "tracks" like the texas mile or a runway rental where those speeds would be achievable but nobody was talking about that. You also never disclosed where you hit 180mph so the conversation continued and turned into this. This could have been ended a long time ago. Some might even classify an oval track as a road course, erroneously or not, but nobody classifies a long straight away type track as a roadcourse regardless of it being on a paved road.
2018 Camaro SS 1LE - GM cai, black bowties, suede knee bolsters, 1le plate frame, black fuel door, dark tails + 3rd brake light, euro side markers + led's, GM all weather floor mats, velossatech big mouth, GM strut brace.
2017 Corvette Grandsport (sold) - untouched.
2006 GTO (sold) - iat relocation, air box mod, monero side marker lights.
RobbyBeefcake87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2020, 09:14 AM   #444
TreedYou

Quote:
Originally Posted by minn19 View Post

This is what I get when I google "road course."

https://www.google.com/search?q=ROAD...hrome&ie=UTF-8

And for the hell of it.........

https://www.caranddriver.com/feature...-road-courses/

Well CLEARLY they are all wrong, look it up in the dictionary!
I almost can't believe he went there and tried to change a known term so he won't be wrong.
I did not expect him to go that far, that's dedication! lol

Blaq the next "racing" term you should tackle is "tree" because they are definitely NOT MADE OF WOOD and tree's DO NOT GROW LIGHTS!
Just look it up and the truth is right there!
Old 02-06-2020, 09:15 AM   #445
shaffe

Quote:
Ah it's fine, lol!! Everyone has a definition for something these days. Forget it. It's not worth the time anyway.

When you raced, was your car a dedicated race car? If so then I feel that you could accurately consider it to be what it ran at it's best.
Hell no it wasn't a race car lol it was my slow ass Mustang GT hahaha. I used to hit test n tune 2 or 3 times a month just because and then I found this local series that was index based. So about as close to heads up as you can get. It traveled to three local strips, and had street classes and pro classes.

So racing a few seasons in a certain class kind of got me hooked into only caring what it did on the strip. Also that kind of got me into the whole drag racing is much more than just flooring it and going straight. What are the conditions today, is the track hooking, which lane seems better, stuff like that. It was a blast, wish it didn't fold
it has more power...its available power is like a set kof double Ds (no matter where your face is... theyre everywhere) it has the suspension to mame it matter...(
Old 02-06-2020, 09:24 AM   #446
BlaqWhole
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by shaffe View Post
Hell no it wasn't a race car lol it was my slow ass Mustang GT hahaha. I used to hit test n tune 2 or 3 times a month just because and then I found this local series that was index based. So about as close to heads up as you can get. It traveled to three local strips, and had street classes and pro classes.

So racing a few seasons in a certain class kind of got me hooked into only caring what it did on the strip.
Oh ok. I have only done T&T in all my cars. And like I said before, I only ran them in the same condition I drove them on the street. Which was funny because a friend of mine also had a New Edge GT and he always ran low 13s. My best was a 13.9. But when we raced on "road courses" ( ) we were always neck and neck or I'd slightly pull away from him.
Old 02-06-2020, 09:37 AM   #447
shaffe

Quote:
Oh ok. I have only done T&T in all my cars. And like I said before, I only ran them in the same condition I drove them on the street. Which was funny because a friend of mine also had a New Edge GT and he always ran low 13s. My best was a 13.9. But when we raced on "road courses" ( ) we were always neck and neck or I'd slightly pull away from him.
Yeah I used to go to T&T all the time, the dragstrip was only hour away tops if there was no traffic and back then it was only like 25 or 30 bucks to get in and make as many passes as you wanted. Once I got into that series I was hooked on the competitive part.
Old 02-06-2020, 10:44 AM   #448
wnta1ss

Drives: 2017 Camaro 1SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by minn19 View Post
Which "track?"
Why the quotes?
wnta1ss is offline   Reply With Quote