#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > ZL1 Discussions

BeckyD @ James Martin Chevy

Old 03-28-2019, 11:01 PM   #29
bobby35ny

Drives: 18 ZL1 A10
Quote:
Originally Posted by sengli View Post
I am trying very hard to not buy another ZL1. This talk on the A10 is very hard to resist. And there are a lot of 2018's out there on mark down.

Wonder what will happen after april 1st, when the 15% incentives are gone?

OP..thought you had your car delivered, you drive all the way to Minnesota?
Truck never came for my car after after 3 days of stories of delays I hopped in my car and drove to Wisconsin! Picked up car at 8pm there and drove back to FL. LOL
Old 03-28-2019, 11:02 PM   #30
bobby35ny

Drives: 18 ZL1 A10
Quote:
Originally Posted by 17CamaroZL1 View Post
I agree. It's not instant, but it's pretty darn close. Every shift has occurred by the time the paddle has returned to its normal position.

I love when that happens! Have you activated the roll race mode yet? I thought that was very cool too when I stumbled upon it!
ROLL MODE? Please do tell!
Old 03-29-2019, 12:21 AM   #31
BlaqWhole
Account Suspended

Drives: 2017 Camaro ZL1 A10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sakudog View Post
A10 is the poor mans PDK and the PDK just set the production lap record at Road America...
There is nothing "poor" about a $70K Muscle Car. Many of us could have bought any one of the cars that have PDK trans yet here we are. And several of the cars with PDK trans look ugly as all sin. I wouldn't spend half of the money they cost on them. The A10 trans is nothing less than awesome and that is in comparison to any trans that exists right now.
BlaqWhole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2019, 04:49 AM   #32
Smokin19

Drives: 19' ZL1 A10, w/pdr
I went from the 15' Z/28 (>700 hp) to the Zl1 and the tq on this car with the A10 is just AWESOME!
BTR Stg II cam w/ 38% fuel lobe, ARH 2" headers into 3" w/cats, AWE Touring, Kong X port, Weapon X triple ht exchangers, NW 103, Rotofab big gulp, DSX lowside, TCM tune, BMR Lockout, Mustang dyno 720 rwhp, 634 rwtq on 93 pump.
Smokin19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2019, 05:58 AM   #33
kwav8r
Flyin NOE

Drives: 2018 ZL1 (A10)
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobby35ny View Post
Blip the throttle to the floor and it'll go into Performance Shift Mode. Trans will downshift to the gear that puts the revs at about 4K and keep you in that range (~4K to Redline RPM). If you're driving twisties it'll downshift much more aggressively as you slow going into a corner. Sets you up for coming out of a corner to get on it. Car will go back into Normal mode after a few seconds of normal driving, or you can slide the stick over to manual mode and back and it'll go right back to normal.

Another option is to hold the down shift paddle for three seconds. Trans will drop three (?) gears but will put you into manual mode until you do the move as above to put it back into normal mode. I used this once or twice.

As for manual shifting, it's a case of getting used to it. I use it now before entering the highway (downshift into 6 or 7 ahead of getting on it) and in around town when I feel like it. I recommend upshifting when you get above 3-4K and downshifting when you're below 2-3K. Otherwise the shifts can be a little 'abrupt' (to be fair, the car will give you what you ask for). As I've gotten more used to it I now find I do it without looking at the tach.

As for your previous mods. There is a little hesitation off the line with the A10, a green filter and TM TB cleaned that right up for me. I also found the throttle to be more sensitive when driving road courses and back roads.
kwav8r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2019, 06:00 AM   #34
kwav8r
Flyin NOE

Drives: 2018 ZL1 (A10)
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlaqWhole View Post
There is nothing "poor" about a $70K Muscle Car. Many of us could have bought any one of the cars that have PDK trans yet here we are. And several of the cars with PDK trans look ugly as all sin. I wouldn't spend half of the money they cost on them. The A10 trans is nothing less than awesome and that is in comparison to any trans that exists right now.
+1
kwav8r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2019, 07:03 AM   #35
Biscuit.fr

Drives: Red hot ZL1 A10 2017
You won’t regret the A10.
Play with paddles, better than M6...
Waiting for the new Nurburgring record with the A10 ZLE ;-)
Biscuit.fr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2019, 08:06 AM   #36
Camarolover85
Account Suspended

Drives: 2019 Dodge Challenger Scat Pack
Quote:
Originally Posted by kwav8r View Post
Blip the throttle to the floor and it'll go into Performance Shift Mode. Trans will downshift to the gear that puts the revs at about 4K and keep you in that range (~4K to Redline RPM). If you're driving twisties it'll downshift much more aggressively as you slow going into a corner. Sets you up for coming out of a corner to get on it. Car will go back into Normal mode after a few seconds of normal driving, or you can slide the stick over to manual mode and back and it'll go right back to normal.

Another option is to hold the down shift paddle for three seconds. Trans will drop three (?) gears but will put you into manual mode until you do the move as above to put it back into normal mode. I used this once or twice.

As for manual shifting, it's a case of getting used to it. I use it now before entering the highway (downshift into 6 or 7 ahead of getting on it) and in around town when I feel like it. I recommend upshifting when you get above 3-4K and downshifting when you're below 2-3K. Otherwise the shifts can be a little 'abrupt' (to be fair, the car will give you what you ask for). As I've gotten more used to it I now find I do it without looking at the tach.

As for your previous mods. There is a little hesitation off the line with the A10, a green filter and TM TB cleaned that right up for me. I also found the throttle to be more sensitive when driving road courses and back roads.
Performance shifting is a bit sketch. Sounds like the engine is going to blow up lol. First time I accidentally triggered it (V6) I was scared I f’ed something up.
Camarolover85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2019, 08:23 AM   #37
17CamaroZL1
Life's Short, Live Fast!

Drives: 2017 Hyper Blue A10 ZL1
Quote:
Like kwav8r stated. While cruising at 40 or above, blip the throttle to the floor. Perf. Shift mode activates and the car will downshift to the best gear to accelerate from at the given speed. Pull the shifter into manual until you're ready to take off, then floor it and push shifter back to auto.

Holding the downshift paddle will sometimes put you in the same gear as the blip, but it will always go to the lowest possible gear, which isn't always the best gear to accelerate from, because it may be sitting at 6k RPM and as soon as you hit the gas, it has to upshift.
Life's Short, Live Fast! https://youtu.be/rTUv2p4T7OA 10.94 at 128 mph, 11.13 at 127mph 870 DA, https://youtu.be/e_X_LcpFp50 11.19 at 127mph 1100 DA, https://youtu.be/OXQiCQdQuH4 11.40 at 125mph 1800 DA
https://youtu.be/uWba1qs8M6Q 11.52 at 123mph 3500 DA
TZQPHG '17 ZL1 HBM|A10|Nav|PDR|CFW Hood|ZL1 Mats

12/26/2016 Ordered!
2/8/2017 Built!!
3/2/2017 Brought Home!!!
17CamaroZL1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2019, 08:34 AM   #38
17CamaroZL1
Life's Short, Live Fast!

Drives: 2017 Hyper Blue A10 ZL1
Quote:
I recommend upshifting when you get above 3-4K and downshifting when you're below 2-3K. Otherwise the shifts can be a little 'abrupt' (to be fair, the car will give you what you ask for). As I've gotten more used to it I now find I do it without looking at the tach.
My 4 to 3 downshift is the only one that can be a bit harsh if not done just right. Like you said, downshifting at lower RPM smooths it out, but mine is also smooth if I downshift at a higher RPM. It's the midrange that is rough for some reason.
Life's Short, Live Fast! https://youtu.be/rTUv2p4T7OA 10.94 at 128 mph, 11.13 at 127mph 870 DA, https://youtu.be/e_X_LcpFp50 11.19 at 127mph 1100 DA, https://youtu.be/OXQiCQdQuH4 11.40 at 125mph 1800 DA
https://youtu.be/uWba1qs8M6Q 11.52 at 123mph 3500 DA
TZQPHG '17 ZL1 HBM|A10|Nav|PDR|CFW Hood|ZL1 Mats

12/26/2016 Ordered!
2/8/2017 Built!!
3/2/2017 Brought Home!!!
17CamaroZL1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2019, 08:48 AM   #39
regnouy37

Drives: 2019 ZL1 A10
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlaqWhole View Post
I feel the same way. I traded my 2013 Twin Turbo F10 M5 with a dual clutch for my 2019 ZL1. I do miss the violent shifts of the dual clutch, but I feel both cars are comparable in speed. The F10 M5 was also tuned and my ZL1 hasn't been tuned yet.
regnouy37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2019, 08:50 AM   #40
EDFHOBBIES
Dyno Show Queen LOL

Drives: 16 SS & 17 ZL1 Both Yellow
Send a message via Skype™ to EDFHOBBIES
Quote:
Well, after much thought and shopping I decided to move on from my M6 to the A10.
Why? As many of you know, GM gimped the M6 with the bog etc.
Don't want to debate that issue here but I just got fed up with it.
I didn't lose to much with the swap because of the deals on the 18's.

Drove my M6 about 1500 miles and did the trade and drove my A10 back home.

Initial thoughts of the A10 on my long highway drive.

Totally different car for sure. I know that's weird to say but its true, LOL
The car feels like it has 100Hp more, LOL.
I know the numbers don't say that DUH but the car feels so much faster.

I just hope I don't get bored, LOL

I'll update more about day to day driving later after more seat time.

To the M6 guys sitting on the fence...… HOLY CRAP this car is fast. This A10 is nothing like a normal auto slushbox!!

I drove 4 A10s back in Aug of 17 and had a buyers invoice drawn up for 54,900 less than 60k out the door on a new A10 and still got a M6 at 63,800 out the door(Me over pay right I'm the king of deals))... Just couldn't do it.. It felt so unrealistic in performance mod like it was in to high of gear and then if you didn't drive aggressive it came out of that mode. I guess you can set it in that mode and keep it there? And it was weird like I had to dbl tap the throttle to get into that mode? I guess I didn't mess with it enough to understand all the functions..

There's times I wish I had a A10 for sure but, it seems your more instep with the car in a M6.. I don't know how to describe it.. I guess it keeps ya occupied and busy and constantly thinking vs daydreaming letting the car shift. but, no doubt If I had my mods on an A10 I'd try to race everything of the line including a 720s.. I'll have to stick with roll racing and curves I guess!

Oh and the rev match with Borla and headers.. Cmon doesn't get any better!

Also I'm in Houston(probably need an A10) but, to initiate a race I like to tap on the accelerator with clutch in "You know rev the motor" I hate when a auto moves to neutral, revs then slides back into D and the car lurches fwd following with the worst sound in the universe!

You know what fixes the bog.. Hp and tuning! lol

Congrats it's all about being happy and getting what ya want.. Wish I could get 1 and 1 that would be the ultimate!

Kong Ported 2650, Crawford Racing Port Injection, Weapon X 112mm Adapter, NW112mm TB, Livernois Ported LT4 Heads, Lingenfelter GT32 stealth cam, Haltech Elite, and Carbon by Trufiber
EDFHOBBIES is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2019, 08:55 AM   #41
mlee
CamaroFans.com

Drives: ZLE & ZR2
Quote:
If the car M6 launched like my 13 zl1 m6 launched I would have NEVER went to the A10!
I don't blame you one bit and I would have done the same. I blew modded M6 Z's off the line with no problem in the A10.

Quote:
It goes to the lowest possible gear. At 80 mph cruising in 10th gear it will drop to 3rd. Another important note is in addition to holding the left paddle back 3 sec you must be completely off the gas or it won't work. You can even use the gas pedal to activate. After the paddle has been held lift off the gas and it will instantly drop and put you up near 6k rpms. Problem is for roll racing once you go WOT you are in manual mode and have to quickly shift or you hit redline. For this reason using the blip to ~4500 rpm is best for that quick roll race.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Camarolover85 View Post
Performance shifting is a bit sketch. Sounds like the engine is going to blow up lol. First time I accidentally triggered it (V6) I was scared I f’ed something up.
You can't compare performance shifting in an LT or SS to the 10L90. Not even close.

Quote:
I spent a ton of time trying to figure this one out on my 4am 37 mile commute to work each morning. I really though I had it with the hold down 3 sec to lowest gear but a few factors come to play like when is the hit going to take place after you drop gears. Then as I mentioned, the super quick shift to avoid rev limiter. I practiced my ass off to perfect this one and it all comes back to leaving it in Auto, blip the throttle into perf shift mode and let the trans do the shifting after the hit.

Look forward to hearing your experience on this one.
Old 03-29-2019, 09:07 AM   #42
JD2018_ZL1

Drives: 2018 ZL1 Camaro
I bought my 16 year old daughter a 18 Mustang Ecoboost with the A10. She loves it.

My 14GT500(No option for auto) and 18 ZL1 have manuals. I Will buy a manual a long as they are available in the sports cars I prefer. I just enjoy the manual. The rev match is great as well.
JD2018_ZL1 is offline   Reply With Quote