Homepage Garage Wiki Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > Regional Sections > USA - California

Bigwormgraphix

Old 07-09-2019, 11:47 AM   #15
rickybobby

Drives: BMW M3, ZL1 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by BruceWayne1LE View Post
Boardwalk Chevy is absolute trash. Went though he’ll with them about charging me for a rental car when I brought the bat mobile in for some warranty work.

Any reputable tuners in the Bay?
I second this. They wouldn’t even perform warranty work for me and told me to go to Sacramento where I bought the car.
rickybobby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2019, 01:45 PM   #16
Rayvan
Rayvan

Drives: 2018 1SS1LE, Silver Ice Metallic
I haven't gone there for the Camaro, but the Capitol Service Dept. is run by my neighbor, Rick (He's the shop foreman). They did great on my G8GT and my GMC van. Highly recommended.
Rayvan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2019, 05:59 PM   #17
CrazyCatGuy
I'm the cats pajamas baby

Drives: 2018 Camaro SS 1LE
I'll give another shout out to Dublin Chevy. Had them do my first engine oil change and also had them change the rear diff fluid. Nothing was amiss or damaged and I consider that a victory.
Old 07-15-2019, 03:08 PM   #18
ALLGM6

Drives: 2018 Camaro ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by MANNAXMAN View Post
Thanks for the feedback. Did you have any service done at either dealership or did you just buy your cars there?

I've had service done at all three (Capitol, Stevens Creek and Greenwood) of the dealers on various different cars. Greenwood in Hollister is my favorite, they are just easy to deal with, down to earth and never question me on issues, they fix them or road test with me to hear/ see for themselves.

Capitol and Stevens Creek are very large dealers and just want you in and out. Not saying I've had a bad experience at either on the service side, but it's not the personalized approach of Greenwood.
ALLGM6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2019, 03:19 PM   #19
MANNAXMAN

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS Convertible
Quote:
Originally Posted by MANNAXMAN View Post
I need some warranty work done (A8 shudder and convertible top related). Anyone have any experience with both Capitol Chevrolet and Chevrolet of Stevens Creek. If so, would you recommend one over the other?
Quote:
Originally Posted by ALLGM6 View Post
I've had service done at all three (Capitol, Stevens Creek and Greenwood) of the dealers on various different cars. Greenwood in Hollister is my favorite, they are just easy to deal with, down to earth and never question me on issues, they fix them or road test with me to hear/ see for themselves.

Capitol and Stevens Creek are very large dealers and just want you in and out. Not saying I've had a bad experience at either on the service side, but it's not the personalized approach of Greenwood.
Based on ALLGM6's feedback, I took my car to Capitol Chevrolet, since it's close to where I work. I am not entirely pleased with my experience there. I made an appointment for both issues. I was clear about what the issues were when I made the appointment. The adviser who took the call made it sound like all they were going to do was "look" at my car on the day of the appointment. I asked if he could check if the convertible parts were available or need to be ordered. Got a more or less scripted reply of "We need to have the car here to diagnose what the actual issue is".

Without going into too much detail, about a week later, I show up for my appointment on Tuesday morning (last week). I was told a transmission tech wasn’t available that day (wtf? My appointment was for a transmission related issue) and I would have to leave my car overnight for the convertible related service.

Early the next morning, I try contacting the service adviser to see if there's a trans tech available and if the convertible service has been started yet. No reply. I try calling shortly after lunch and leave a message. A few hours later, I get a call from the adviser. The convertible service is done, but a trans tech won't be available until next week and I'll have to make another appointment (it's my daily driver and I wasn't about to leave my car there for a week). Go to pick up my car and inspect the work. The replacement parts on the passenger side are all out of alignment. The adviser takes the car back to the shop and comes back out in less than 5 minutes. He says the parts are loose, but they'll get new parts on order, installed at my next appointment, and still honor my warranty (bumper to bumper expires a few days before my next appointment). That was the only positive part of the experience.

I'll post a follow up after my next appointment. Let's see if that goes any better.
1961 Volkswagen Beetle with Sliding Ragtop Sunroof (2009-Present)
1964 Volkswagen Beetle with aftermarket Sliding Ragtop Sunroof (Sold)
Follow me on Instagram - @gen6_2ss_vert
MANNAXMAN is offline   Reply With Quote