Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > Regional Sections > USA - California

Phastek Performance

Old 02-24-2016, 08:54 PM   #1
usmcfiredog

Drives: 2016 Black 2SS
San Diego Gen6 Owners

Any Gen6 owners here in San Diego?
usmcfiredog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2016, 09:57 PM   #2
misterjaayy

Drives: 2019 CTS-V
If there are they are mightty quiet. I will be this week. What part of San Diego are you in?
misterjaayy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2016, 11:24 PM   #3
WCoolBreeze
2SS

Drives: 2016 2SS, Red Garnet Tint
How about a little farther East. I am in the Imperial Valley and I just ordered a 2016 2SS.

Walt B.

Gen6, 2016 Camaro 2SS, Red Garnet Tint (with Silver Rally Stripes)

Ordered: 2-12-2016
TPW: 3-7-2016
Built: 3-7-2016
VIN 1G1FH78G0157626
Delivered: 4-26-2016

Last edited by WCoolBreeze; 03-03-2016 at 09:26 PM.
WCoolBreeze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2016, 12:00 AM   #4
usmcfiredog

I am out in Santee but work in Old Town. All I know is that this break in period is going to kill me with only drive 40ish miles a day.
Old 02-25-2016, 12:01 AM   #5
usmcfiredog

Where did you all get your Camaros from?
Old 02-25-2016, 01:35 AM   #6
Sledgehammer70
Lethal Camaro

Drives: 16 2SS, 71 Std, Suburban RTS
I am down in Temecula.
Sledgehammer70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2016, 10:09 AM   #7
misterjaayy

I live down in Chula. Ordered mine from Bob Stall but got impatient with the whole allocation situation. I was able to find one in LA and I will be picking it up this week. What about you?
Old 02-25-2016, 11:06 AM   #8
Gambina

Drives: 2016 Camaro SS
Im picking up my 1SS Saturday, in LBC. Would be down to get together in SD
Gambina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2016, 12:32 PM   #9
usmcfiredog

I got mine from JJ Chevy
Low Gloss Black 5 Spoke
Old 02-25-2016, 01:30 PM   #10
Fenriel

Drives: 96 t/a / Hyper Blue 1SS MRC M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by usmcfiredog View Post
I got mine from JJ Chevy
Not in SD, but was curious how they treated you, and if they gave you some type of deal. I emailed them and they basically told me MSRP or bust lol.
Fenriel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2016, 01:38 PM   #11
usmcfiredog

I got a decent deal. I am friends with most of them and purchased a lot of vehicles from them
Low Gloss Black 5 Spoke
Old 02-25-2016, 02:00 PM   #12
misterjaayy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fenriel View Post
Not in SD, but was curious how they treated you, and if they gave you some type of deal. I emailed them and they basically told me MSRP or bust lol.
They are a very much an MSRP type of dealer. I went there last weekend to try and drive away a 2SS. They didn't have the one i originally went there for, but they had one similarly equipped minus MRC.

I liked the sales guy I worked with, his name was Anthony, and he actually works in the internet sales department. He and Joe, his sales manager, really tried hard to sell me the car. I test drove it and they even offered to have me drive a Corvette with MRC so I could see if I could live without that feature (i didn't drive it, but they said they never let anyone test drive them). They also offered to let me take out the Camaro for the day to put it through my daily routine to see if I liked it. They really tried hard to sell me although they didn't really pressure me, they just tried more to appease me.

Where they didn't try much was with price. They only went a few hundred dollars below MSRP and tried to convince me this was invoice pricing for the car. Needless to say I walked out and got some lunch to think it over.

They called back that afternoon. I told them they would have to sweeten the deal for me and make it worth my while to sacrifice MRC. And I really did consider going back and pulling the trigger. But I couldn't justify paying near MSRP for a car that didn't have MRC.

So to make a long story short, I liked the guys I dealt with, I just didn't like the price. I could have tried harder to deal, but I wasn't sold on he car to begin with. Maybe you will have better luck since its almost the end of the month, but they don't seem to budge much with pricing.
Old 02-25-2016, 02:31 PM   #13
Fenriel

Drives: 96 t/a / Hyper Blue 1SS MRC M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by misterjaayy View Post
They are a very much an MSRP type of dealer. I went there last weekend to try and drive away a 2SS. They didn't have the one i originally went there for, but they had one similarly equipped minus MRC.

I liked the sales guy I worked with, his name was Anthony, and he actually works in the internet sales department. He and Joe, his sales manager, really tried hard to sell me the car. I test drove it and they even offered to have me drive a Corvette with MRC so I could see if I could live without that feature (i didn't drive it, but they said they never let anyone test drive them). They also offered to let me take out the Camaro for the day to put it through my daily routine to see if I liked it. They really tried hard to sell me although they didn't really pressure me, they just tried more to appease me.

Where they didn't try much was with price. They only went a few hundred dollars below MSRP and tried to convince me this was invoice pricing for the car. Needless to say I walked out and got some lunch to think it over.

They called back that afternoon. I told them they would have to sweeten the deal for me and make it worth my while to sacrifice MRC. And I really did consider going back and pulling the trigger. But I couldn't justify paying near MSRP for a car that didn't have MRC.

So to make a long story short, I liked the guys I dealt with, I just didn't like the price. I could have tried harder to deal, but I wasn't sold on he car to begin with. Maybe you will have better luck since its almost the end of the month, but they don't seem to budge much with pricing.
That sounds like my experience. They were polite but didn't really seem interested in selling the car. Nah I don't think they're going to negotiate until they realize not many people are willing to spend msrp. I have had enough with all the socal dealers. Pretty sure I'm just going to go with Becky.
Fenriel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2016, 02:55 PM   #14
misterjaayy

Yeah Becky is a great person to buy a car from. Rydell Chevrolet in Northridge has a pretty big selection of Camaros in stock and in transit. They gave me around 2500 dollars off MSRP plus any incentives. So you may want to look at them if you haven't already and want something more local.