Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > Camaro Price | Ordering | Tracking | Dealers

BeckyD @ James Martin Chevy

Old 08-29-2022, 08:39 PM   #1
exscat

Drives: lt1
4 months sitting outside in the dead of summer

i wonder about the paint, the battery, the tires...etc

Last edited by exscat; 08-29-2022 at 10:55 PM.
exscat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2022, 06:31 AM   #2
cariboocreek

Drives: 2023 Corvette C8
Quote:
Originally Posted by exscat View Post
i wonder about the paint, the battery, the tires...etc
Wondered the same. Convertible top taking a UV beating.
2019 Camaro SS Convertible
2019 Corvette Grand Sport Convertible
2013 Corvette Grand Sport
2013 Challenger SRT 392
1995 Camaro Z28
cariboocreek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2022, 07:02 AM   #3
Hughesar1

Drives: 80th Edition Jeep Grand Cherokee
That's why I'm holding off, will I miss out, maybe maybe not.

While at the dealer two weeks ago, their showroom LT1 had chips in the windshield from transport most likely, and the prep of the paint after this car sat for 4 months, based on door date and date arrived at dealership, week prior, was awful.

Swirl marks that were pretty bad all over the car and it was on a mild color, i.e., not black or red, but the rapid blue.

If I ordered this car, and it was presented in this condition, it would have been rejected upon inspection.
Hughesar1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2022, 07:46 AM   #4
cooldawg

Drives: RAM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hughesar1 View Post
That's why I'm holding off, will I miss out, maybe maybe not.

While at the dealer two weeks ago, their showroom LT1 had chips in the windshield from transport most likely, and the prep of the paint after this car sat for 4 months, based on door date and date arrived at dealership, week prior, was awful.

Swirl marks that were pretty bad all over the car and it was on a mild color, i.e., not black or red, but the rapid blue.

If I ordered this car, and it was presented in this condition, it would have been rejected upon inspection.
Same here. Also waiting in the event they do a collectors edition in bright yellow.
cooldawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2022, 08:14 AM   #5
Palutz
Banned

Drives: 22 ZLE M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by cooldawg View Post
Same here. Also waiting in the event they do a collectors edition in bright yellow.
Probably gonna have to pay a super premium for a last of the kind Camaro so if you’re willing to shell out a fortune have at it. From my experience with many dealers this past year I wish you all good luck on getting an allocation at close to MSRP. If you’re stressing over cars sitting in lots now I can only imagine the hell you’ll be going through securing that last collector car.

As far as some of the concerns you guys have with cars sitting on lots I hear you because I had that mindset for a few months before I received my car. Two weeks later of driving and enjoying this beast and all of those concerns are gone. The permagrin is real … my advice is to get your order in before it’s too late or you’ll be pulling your hair out paying for a second and third owner cars that you have no idea if they were even broke in properly.

Last edited by Palutz; 08-30-2022 at 08:41 AM.
Palutz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2022, 08:55 AM   #6
Big Lou 1le

Drives: 2023 1le
no different than a car sitting on the dealership lot for months back when they had inventory.
Big Lou 1le is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2022, 09:58 AM   #7
cooldawg

Drives: RAM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Palutz View Post
Probably gonna have to pay a super premium for a last of the kind Camaro so if you’re willing to shell out a fortune have at it. From my experience with many dealers this past year I wish you all good luck on getting an allocation at close to MSRP. If you’re stressing over cars sitting in lots now I can only imagine the hell you’ll be going through securing that last collector car.

As far as some of the concerns you guys have with cars sitting on lots I hear you because I had that mindset for a few months before I received my car. Two weeks later of driving and enjoying this beast and all of those concerns are gone. The permagrin is real … my advice is to get your order in before it’s too late or you’ll be pulling your hair out paying for a second and third owner cars that you have no idea if they were even broke in properly.
With a total production of 2000 cars, your scenario is possible, but they never went back to bright yellow after 18 for a reason. People either love them or hate them. Going to take my chances.
cooldawg is offline   Reply With Quote