Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

AWE Tuning

Old 12-29-2020, 05:44 AM   #29
CHASLT1

Drives: 2021 Camaro LT1
Quote:
Originally Posted by 19 2SS View Post
That was kinda my attitude the last time he came out to complain, I was just like dude it’s 7:30, idk what to tell you if your 7 year old kid is crying, it’s not like I’m waking anyone up or making noise for a long period of time, it’s just the startup
I would bet the guy lied like a rug about the kid crying.
CHASLT1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2020, 05:49 AM   #30
jamala00

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS Hyper Blue Metallic
You're not doing anything wrong, tell him to go pound sand...
jamala00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2020, 06:22 AM   #31
Petrol Head
Account Suspended

Drives: Fast if no one's looking
I'd seriously tell him to F off. And I would use that word in front of his kid too.

He sounds like the kind of guy who'd get all offended by using the F word anyways, so good.

The real world is full of s--t you're not gonna like kid, better learn to deal with it.
Petrol Head is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2020, 07:13 AM   #32
Martinjlm
Retired from GM

Drives: 2017 Camaro Fifty SS Convertible
Well, Christmas is behind us, but maybe you can find out the little tyke's birthday and gift her these....
Attached Images

A8 | MRC | NPP | Nav | HUD | GM Performance CAI | Tony Mamo LT1 V2 Ported TB | Kooks 1-7/8” LT Headers | FlexFuel Tune | Thinkware Q800 Pro front and rear dash cam | Charcoal Tint for Taillights and 3rd Brakelight | Orange and Carbon Fiber Bowties | 1LE Wheels in Gunmetal Gray | Carbon Fiber Interior Overlays | Novistretch bra and mirror covers | Tow hitch for bicycle rack |

Martinjlm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2020, 07:32 AM   #33
zaimer

Drives: 23 ZL1 6speed
It is difficult to say, without knowing the entire situation. To me, there is a difference between being "loud" and being loud AND obnoxious on top of it... i.e. taking off quickly, revving, constantly starting the car in early hours, etc. That doesn't sound like you at all, so there must be something else to it.

My car is stock, but with the NPP. I think that is too loud to be started in the early hours, especially when the car is cold.

Last edited by zaimer; 12-29-2020 at 07:51 AM.
zaimer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2020, 07:43 AM   #34
JSH

Drives: '20 ZLE
Yea, mine has long tubes and Hi-flows and sounds like it explodes on startup, so I wait to raise the garage door after cranking
2/23 - 1031/1004 wheel.
4/23 - 1.41/9.61/145 at DA 7000 ft. (only made five passes).
2/24 - LME 390, E2650, FBO, 100 oct.; 1116hp/ 1063tq; 109 oct. dyno next.
JSH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2020, 07:51 AM   #35
zaimer

Drives: 23 ZL1 6speed
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSH View Post
Yea, mine has long tubes and Hi-flows and sounds like it explodes on startup, so I wait to raise the garage door after cranking
I can imagine . Like many of us have said, the startup bark is bad enough with just the NPP.
zaimer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2020, 07:53 AM   #36
ember1205
Hot Camaro

Drives: '20 2SS Convertible 6MT
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaxcam02 View Post
I hate to say this but I would straight pipe my shit if anyone came up saying that to me. But I'm kind of a petty dick head.

Download a decibel reading app on your phone and place it on the property line then start your car and see what the reading is. Use that next time your neighbor says something.

Those numbers are pretty meaningless by themselves. Decibel ratings are relative and will change based on the distance from the source of the sound/noise. It's kind of like asking "how loud is your stereo?" without constraining the answer to knowing how far from the speakers you are.

Will a dB meter app be useful? Yes, as long as the measurements are understood. Part of that means that there's a rough correlation between dB level of distance where moving 10' further away from a sound source will decrease the dB level by about 3dB. It isn't perfectly linear.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Puddin View Post
I doubt the kid is actually crying sounds like the dad just wants to be an ass. I have a married couple way on the other end of my street that complain about my car. They even decided to escalate it to the local police department facebook page which then caused them to send an officer to my house. The cop was actually pretty cool about it and said they were the only ones complaining and just stay away from their house if possible to avoid any further problems.
I've had face-to-face conversations with cops over the years for a variety of different reasons. Overall, they aren't looking to make anyone's life miserable solely at the complaint of one person for something that is generally a "first world problem" sort of complaint. Best bet is to know the local noise ordinance laws, local vehicle noise ordinance laws, and make completely certain that the car is well within the confines of all of it.

Then, just to irk the dad, offer to take his kid for a ride and get him some ice cream or something. Leave dad at the curb drooling and get the kid all wound up in a good way about the car. "Solve" dad's problem by making it so that his only way to complain after that is to demonstrate that HE'S the one crying when the car starts up.
ember1205 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2020, 07:57 AM   #37
m6-lt1

Drives: 2023 Chevrolet Camaro 2SS 1LE
You starting your car during those hours are no different than someone making the same amount of noise (if not more) mowing their lawn or using certain power tools outside/in the garage.
m6-lt1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2020, 07:58 AM   #38
Crushin_LT1

Drives: 2021 LT1 6spd
Quote:
Originally Posted by ember1205 View Post
Those numbers are pretty meaningless by themselves. Decibel ratings are relative and will change based on the distance from the source of the sound/noise. It's kind of like asking "how loud is your stereo?" without constraining the answer to knowing how far from the speakers you are.

Will a dB meter app be useful? Yes, as long as the measurements are understood. Part of that means that there's a rough correlation between dB level of distance where moving 10' further away from a sound source will decrease the dB level by about 3dB. It isn't perfectly linear.

So yes, putting it on the property line will be helpful then and that was good advice.
Old 12-29-2020, 08:19 AM   #39
ember1205
Hot Camaro

Drives: '20 2SS Convertible 6MT
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crushin_LT1 View Post
So yes, putting it on the property line will be helpful then and that was good advice.
Any info you gather is good info. Collect what you can, research the details, and understand where you are (and maybe aren't) in the right on things.

Then go on about your days because he isn't going to change. Maybe you'll get lucky and a day will come when he needs something and you're the guy that can help him.

In the meantime, get a couple of cheap security cameras (the Wyze cams are pretty inexpensive) and throw media cards in them. Point one at your car where it's parked, and the other in the general direction of his property. If he ever decides to escalate matters, what they capture could help protect you.
ember1205 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2020, 08:30 AM   #40
Petrol Head
Account Suspended

Drives: Fast if no one's looking
The Who were once measured at about 160 dB at one of their concerts. Earned them the nickname of the loudest band in the world. Not sure if they still hold that record but I’ve seen them twice and can attest to their volume.

Pete plays about 5 feet right in front of his dual 50 watt Fender Vibro King stacks paired with a stack of 60 watt Hiwatt stacks. You can feel it in your chest when he hits those power chords on Won’t Get Fooled Again even if you’re all the way at the back of the arena.

That guy needs to take his 7 year old to a Who concert. Your Camaro will sound like a Prius after that.
Petrol Head is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2020, 08:39 AM   #41
Ademarco

Drives: 18 Ford Raptor, 21 2SS 1LE M6
Tell him it is the sound of freedom �� the baby bald eagles screaming out the exhaust. I had an amusing experience at the Costco gas station. When I started up the car in sport mode, a Chinese family with a little boy in the front of me turned around with a shocked �� face and were smiling from ear to ear. Not everyone wants to live a quiet electric life. A quiet life can wait until I’m dead. I hope to hear turbos spinning, super chargers whining, and the exhaust symphony until then.
Ademarco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2020, 08:50 AM   #42
Chutzpah

Drives: Wild Cherry LT1
The only person that’s crying is him. I agree, he’s probably jealous. And I wouldn’t be surprised if he’s one of those parking lot PIA’s (parks real close to you, when you’re parked real far away).

If it were me, I probably would have called him out on his story. As in, are you sure you’re not the one unhappy here?(with a chuckle) I like to know who and what I’m dealing with, so let’s cut to the chase. Maybe not the most tactful, but the daughter crying story is a bit far fetched. I guess you need to know one thing for certain (which you may already). Does his daughter have a mental disability?

I just don’t see anything that you’re doing wrong.
Chutzpah is offline   Reply With Quote