Homepage Garage Wiki Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Technical Camaro Topics > Camaro Issues / Problems | Warranty Discussions | TSB and Recalls

BeckyD @ James Martin Chevy

Old 04-19-2020, 08:27 AM   #1
DesignAlot

Drives: 2019 Shadow Gray 1SS M6
Removed Passenger seat, airbag light now

SOLVED
Dealership had to replace air bag wiring plug on bottom side of seat on passenger seat.

Hello, I know I should have disconnected battery first, but I did not. I removed passenger seat on my 2019 Camaro SS. I installed Katzkin leather seat covers after removing the original fabric. I carefully installed back in car, connected the little airbag plug on the side of the seat and the main harness under the seat. Now when I start the car, airbag light stays on. I currently have disconnected the battery, and I am waiting 30 minutes. I will then connect again. In the meantime, I will disconnect main seat harness and airbag connecter and re connect. Any other ideas? Not sure if this will work. Do I need to go to the dealer to reset this, or could something possibly be more wrong? I have the torque pro app to reset engine codes, but it does not seem to have anything for the SRS resetting. HELP!

Last edited by DesignAlot; 05-12-2020 at 05:58 PM.
DesignAlot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2020, 07:56 AM   #2
DesignAlot

Drives: 2019 Shadow Gray 1SS M6
Well, it ended up being the airbag wiring harness plug on the passenger side seat where it plugs in by the track. Problem solved.

Tags
airbag, light, passenger, reset, srs