#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > ZL1 Discussions

AWE Tuning

Old 01-05-2021, 12:39 PM   #71
PROMETHEUS

Drives: 2019 ZL-1, Shadow Gray, Sold
Quote:
Originally Posted by SSallday View Post
Another FYI: I called AC to find out the location of my wing. A company called Pilot Freight is handling the shipping. I didn’t realize it, but you have to manually schedule a delivery date on their site by using your tracking #, otherwise, it will sit there. If all goes well I’ll have the wing next Tuesday
Did you get your wing today?
PROMETHEUS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2021, 01:11 PM   #72
SSallday

Drives: ‘18 ZL1 / ‘22 ZLE
Quote:
Originally Posted by PROMETHEUS View Post
Did you get your wing today?
It should be here between 3-7pm. I’m thinking it’s going to be more towards this evening. I hope it doesn’t arrive damaged
SSallday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2021, 02:49 PM   #73
SSallday

Well, I’ve received the wing. It came in damaged. AC is blaming the shipping company.
Attached Images

Old 01-05-2021, 05:23 PM   #74
PROMETHEUS

Drives: 2019 ZL-1, Shadow Gray, Sold
Quote:
Well, I’ve received the wing. It came in damaged. AC is blaming the shipping company.
Damm! OMG, all the waiting to receive that! I hope AC is going to send you out a replacement.
PROMETHEUS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2021, 07:02 PM   #75
carguy55

Drives: 2018 1SS 1LE
Was the box damaged?
Old 01-05-2021, 07:14 PM   #76
SSallday

Quote:
Originally Posted by PROMETHEUS View Post
Damm! OMG, all the waiting to receive that! I hope AC is going to send you out a replacement.
They are going to send me one that’s already made but it may take up to 10 days to process everything. Based on the photos, AC determined that the shipping company damaged it. I’m afraid that the next wing might be damaged like this one
Old 01-05-2021, 07:18 PM   #77
SSallday

Quote:
Originally Posted by carguy55 View Post
Was the box damaged?
The box didn’t have any damage on it and the wing was wrapped really well. AC emailed me and explained that this was “pressure” damage. I’m assuming heavy boxes were placed on top of my box
Old 01-05-2021, 07:40 PM   #78
Jaxcam02

Drives: 2017 Silverado/2017 ZL1
That is ****ing disappointing. They need to start labeling the boxes to say not to place items on top of these boxes during shipment or start shipping them with braces in the box.

Did you have to ship it back yourself or did you have the shipping company take it back?
Old 01-05-2021, 09:33 PM   #79
SSallday

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaxcam02 View Post
That is ****ing disappointing. They need to start labeling the boxes to say not to place items on top of these boxes during shipment or start shipping them with braces in the box.

Did you have to ship it back yourself or did you have the shipping company take it back?
I inspected mine in front of the delivery guy. We both agreed that it was damaged so he packed it up and took it back with him. I really don't know what would have happened if I didn't inspect before he left. If you end up in this situation, take pictures because you will need to submit them to AC
Old 01-06-2021, 04:35 AM   #80
Z OH 6

Drives: 2021 Red Hot ZL1
Yea, AC wouldn't have shipped it that way. My AC spoiler came in perfect. This was a really bad time of year to have anything fragile shipped. UPS, FedEx, USPS, etc, are all overwhelmed with packages from the holidays. All it takes is one careless person to damage your product in shipping.
Z OH 6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2021, 07:23 AM   #81
ST1LE

Drives: E92 BMW M3
Quote:
The box didn’t have any damage on it and the wing was wrapped really well. AC emailed me and explained that this was “pressure” damage. I’m assuming heavy boxes were placed on top of my box
That's what it looked like in one of your pics. AC is a good shop, doing the right thing and quickly. Sorry for the bad luck man, get it out the way so the rest of your 2021 will be smooth sailing haha
Old 01-06-2021, 09:14 AM   #82
Blu Ray
ALWAYS-N-BOOST

Drives: 2021 ZLE A10
Send a message via AIM to Blu Ray Send a message via Yahoo to Blu Ray
It doesn't take 6 months to build and deliver entire ZLE why does it take so long to build and ship a wing

2012 1LS M6 Black-Sold
2013 2LT M6 BluRay- Sold
2015 1SS 1LE M6 Black-Sold
2021 ZLE A10 Riverside Blue - Awaiting Arrival 01/10
Blu Ray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2021, 09:27 AM   #83
Z OH 6

Drives: 2021 Red Hot ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blu Ray View Post
It doesn't take 6 months to build and deliver entire ZLE why does it take so long to build and ship a wing
Small company doesn't have as many employees as a GM factory. Backlog of orders, COVID affecting supply chain and work force.
Z OH 6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2021, 06:03 PM   #84
SSallday

Quote:
Originally Posted by Z OH 6 View Post
Yea, AC wouldn't have shipped it that way. My AC spoiler came in perfect. This was a really bad time of year to have anything fragile shipped. UPS, FedEx, USPS, etc, are all overwhelmed with packages from the holidays. All it takes is one careless person to damage your product in shipping.
It went from California to PA so I’m not surprised that someone damaged it. I’m sure others received packages that were damaged.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ST1LE View Post
That's what it looked like in one of your pics. AC is a good shop, doing the right thing and quickly. Sorry for the bad luck man, get it out the way so the rest of your 2021 will be smooth sailing haha
They are processing a replacement but I won’t see it until the end of this month. It’ sucks, but it is what it is. Other than the damage, the quality was amazing