Homepage Garage Wiki Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

Bigwormgraphix

Old 01-23-2021, 11:22 PM   #71
c4racer

Drives: 2016 SS Convertible
Agree. They do from time to time but not consistently.
I got mine for $9K off sticker 20pct. But end of MY in 2016.
c4racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2021, 11:34 PM   #72
CamaroSSStlfan
Account Suspended

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ademarco View Post
I have bought all of my cars from out of state dealers and never had to deal with BS. They shipped it to my house. We live in the technology age where you can email, text, or call and get the best OTD price that dealers can offer in the nation. If dealers don’t want to play the game, then they eliminate themselves from business. Not sure why you’d buy a used car for more money than what you could buy new, but then again a sucker is born everyday. Feel sad for those that don’t know how to negotiate a deal for themselves. The same holds true with anything you buy.

I had to get my Raptor in Vegas because the dealers wanted $10k-$25k markup. I told them MSRP or no deal and found Team Ford in Vegas that offered MSRP and no BS fees. Same is happening with the GT500 and C8.

In 2 years those 2020 C8 owners who paid 25k markup will look real dumb when they're going for just over 50.
CamaroSSStlfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2021, 12:03 PM   #73
cerino2000

Drives: C6 Vette
Quote:
Originally Posted by CamaroSSStlfan View Post
In 2 years those 2020 C8 owners who paid 25k markup will look real dumb when they're going for just over 50.
Happens with every new generation for sure. Thing is, if you look hard enough you can find them at MSRP at the very least. I’ll have one eventually but will wait till they have big discounts.
cerino2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2021, 03:08 PM   #74
Thill444

Drives: 2020 SS1LE Shadow Gray Metallic
Quote:
Wow. I wish I'd known this. NOT knocking the Camaro but a very similar car to it overall and I would have had a better deal.

Granted they also had deals going on for left over 2020 1SS at a killer price too which I thought about. Still would been more than my 2016 SS

I do like the Scatpack I can't deny it.

At the time I was shopping though Chevy didn't have many rebates. I will give ford credit they seem to have more rebates and such.

You'd think Chevy would offer more rebates, especially with how crappy Camaro sales are.
I don’t find the Challenger to be that similar to a Camaro in terms of driving dynamics. It’s not a knock on Dodge, I like the cars, but I’ve driven them all back to back and the Camaro handles so much better and feels like a sports car. The Challenger is much bigger, heavier, and I can’t imagine tracking one or even enjoying myself pushing it hard on some backroads.
Thill444 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2021, 03:33 PM   #75
CamaroSSStlfan
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thill444 View Post
I don’t find the Challenger to be that similar to a Camaro in terms of driving dynamics. It’s not a knock on Dodge, I like the cars, but I’ve driven them all back to back and the Camaro handles so much better and feels like a sports car. The Challenger is much bigger, heavier, and I can’t imagine tracking one or even enjoying myself pushing it hard on some backroads.

I'm going by performance in a straight line both put up very similar numbers speed wise.
Old 01-24-2021, 10:58 PM   #76
c4racer

Drives: 2016 SS Convertible
Challenger drives more like a sedan. A lot like a Mercedes E class in fact. Go figure.
c4racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2021, 06:50 AM   #77
ember1205
Hot Camaro

Drives: '20 2SS Convertible 6MT
Quote:
For some odd reason it seems for Camaros you can find better deals on rag tops. You'd think in FL rag top would be in hire demand and fetch more.
Convertible season in Florida is no different than most other places. You get a few months out of the year where the top can be down pretty much every day. But, rain is frequent, and no one wants the top down when the temps are over 90 with humidity at the same level. I frequently travel to FL for work (when I travel) and am 'upgraded' to a convertible rental a large portion of the time because no one wants them (it's simply too hot for most of the summer in South FL).

Quote:
Originally Posted by cerino2000 View Post
The prices that Carvana was dishing out a few months ago was ridiculously good if you sold one to them. They had 2 year old scat pack challengers actually selling for $41500. The MSRP on the car when new was $41000. What is really stupid is anyone could walk off the street to a dealer and they would get $5k off via Dodge’s power dollars sale on the same car brand new.

I just couldn’t get over it so I started digging for information on how they could find people that damn dumb to pay over sticker on a used car. I found my answer in a Reddit thread where someone effectively asked the same question. Several people who bought from Carvana answered and all of them had two things in common. The first was that they were willing to pay to not have to deal with the assholes at the car dealerships and that whole bullshit experience (think of dealer add-ons etc where expect one price and all of the sudden it’s way higher). The 2nd was that they never had to leave the house. Wasnt just a few replies, it was many all with the same story.

Dealerships should take note.
Carvana IS a dealership. The primary differences between them and the common ones are that they don't have any real "brick and mortar" locations and they will move a car from one place to another to sell it to you because that's baked into their business model. The reason that Carvana's costs are so high are a direct result of the transportation costs they incur to both acquire and sell a car. Dealerships employ 'runners' and have them drive cars over short distances while Carvana does everything by transport truck.

Another point of note is that Carvana is a USED CAR DEALERSHIP. They do not have to abide by all of the same rules as new car dealerships, including physical dealership location requirements in order for a manufacturer to sell new vehicles in any particular state.

Quote:
I also would NEVER buy a car without visually inspecting it and test driving it before forking over money.

Lets say Carmax sold new cars. A Camaro 2ss is 45k at the Chevy dealer and you could get them down to 42,500 with rebates or haggle. Would you buy new at Carmax for 48,000 and no rebates and no haggle?
Carmax has a return window baked right into the purchase of the car. You drive it around for a couple of days and send it back if you don't like it for a refund of most of the original cost.

As mentioned above, Carmax DOESN'T sell new cars, and they won't because of the laws that require physical presence to sell cars into most states (this was a major hurdle for Tesla).
ember1205 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2021, 11:16 AM   #78
CamaroSSStlfan
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by ember1205 View Post
Convertible season in Florida is no different than most other places. You get a few months out of the year where the top can be down pretty much every day. But, rain is frequent, and no one wants the top down when the temps are over 90 with humidity at the same level. I frequently travel to FL for work (when I travel) and am 'upgraded' to a convertible rental a large portion of the time because no one wants them (it's simply too hot for most of the summer in South FL).

Carvana IS a dealership. The primary differences between them and the common ones are that they don't have any real "brick and mortar" locations and they will move a car from one place to another to sell it to you because that's baked into their business model. The reason that Carvana's costs are so high are a direct result of the transportation costs they incur to both acquire and sell a car. Dealerships employ 'runners' and have them drive cars over short distances while Carvana does everything by transport truck.

Another point of note is that Carvana is a USED CAR DEALERSHIP. They do not have to abide by all of the same rules as new car dealerships, including physical dealership location requirements in order for a manufacturer to sell new vehicles in any particular state.

Carmax has a return window baked right into the purchase of the car. You drive it around for a couple of days and send it back if you don't like it for a refund of most of the original cost.

As mentioned above, Carmax DOESN'T sell new cars, and they won't because of the laws that require physical presence to sell cars into most states (this was a major hurdle for Tesla).

The dealers around here where I bought my Camaro lets you return it within a few days for a car of similar value.

I was using the example if Carmax was a new car dealer and used that same mentality and prices their new car higher than any other dealers and allowed no haggle.
Old 01-25-2021, 11:56 AM   #79
ember1205
Hot Camaro

Drives: '20 2SS Convertible 6MT
Quote:
The dealers around here where I bought my Camaro lets you return it within a few days for a car of similar value.

I was using the example if Carmax was a new car dealer and used that same mentality and prices their new car higher than any other dealers and allowed no haggle.
If you want to know how "no haggle pricing" works with new cars, look to GM's Saturn as the benchmark. Their sales volume, for ALL models, was never more than a few hundred thousand per year. The premise was great, but the "no haggle price" was MSRP and comparable to any other car in the GM brand in terms of margin and such. In other words, it essentially boiled down to "you're going to overpay exactly as much as the next person" for any car on their lot.

Some new car dealers are currently operating in a manner similar to Carvana / Carmax in that they will sell you the car "delivered" but you will pay a fair amount more than if you were to go pick it up.
ember1205 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2021, 12:36 PM   #80
gtfoxy
Account Suspended

Drives: '21 Wild Cherry ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by ember1205 View Post
If you want to know how "no haggle pricing" works with new cars, look to GM's Saturn as the benchmark. Their sales volume, for ALL models, was never more than a few hundred thousand per year. The premise was great, but the "no haggle price" was MSRP and comparable to any other car in the GM brand in terms of margin and such. In other words, it essentially boiled down to "you're going to overpay exactly as much as the next person" for any car on their lot.

Some new car dealers are currently operating in a manner similar to Carvana / Carmax in that they will sell you the car "delivered" but you will pay a fair amount more than if you were to go pick it up.
The only way to remotely make no haggle pricing work is if you have unarguably the very best product in the market segment in terms of all the things that attract buyer for the money

Saturn was not that.

Instead it was the Kumbaya sales model for lazy buyers where they were rewarded with overpaying for quite a mediocre product at best.
gtfoxy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2021, 12:15 AM   #81
cerino2000

Drives: C6 Vette
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thill444 View Post
Definitely a different breed. I’m more of a straight line person so have enjoyed them. But I totally dig what the camaro brings to the table too so I have both! I’ve had a bunch of challengers/chargers and a bunch of Corvettes too and wanted something different. Camaro delivered exactly that. No regrets! I hated my 2013 SS due to it being way slow but they sure changed the game with the LT1. What an upgrade from the old power plant!
cerino2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2021, 01:33 AM   #82
Ademarco

Drives: 18 Ford Raptor, 21 2SS 1LE M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by gtfoxy View Post
The only way to remotely make no haggle pricing work is if you have unarguably the very best product in the market segment in terms of all the things that attract buyer for the money.
I saw a used ZL1 1LE at a local Toyota dealer and they brought up the no haggle price and they weren’t negotiating. I bought a new SS 1LE and then about 2 weeks later they asked if I was still interested in the car with a $2k price drop. I would have bought it if they negotiated, but their loss and I am sure someone will pick it up since it is a 1LE.
Ademarco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2021, 06:42 AM   #83
JT58

Drives: Former 2016 Camaro 1LT
I had 2 really good deals this year. First I bought a brand new 2019 Silverado in May- when everyone was so hunkered down due to Covid. People would barely leave their house. I went to the local Chevy dealer to look at trucks. Car dealers were open as they were considered "essential". There were no other customers at the dealership that day, I was the only one. They had a few Colorados and this 2019 Silverado Double Cab, 4 X 4. I went for the the Silverado and nabbed it for only 28K. Unheard of now to get a truck like that for so little money.

Second I traded my 2016 Camaro V6 manual for a 2006 C6 Corvette Convertible with only 28K miles on it 2 weeks ago. I made a profit on the Camaro after owning it almost 2 years. And I got the C6 really cheap.

I think I'm done for a while.
Old 01-26-2021, 07:25 AM   #84
CHerna

Drives: 2022 SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by c4racer View Post
Challenger drives more like a sedan. A lot like a Mercedes E class in fact. Go figure.
This is true. Mine felt so numb.

Previous: Challenger Scat Pack Widebody
CHerna is offline   Reply With Quote