Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 09-09-2020, 02:51 PM   #15
InFiD3ViL

Drives: 2010 CGM 2SS/RS LS3 Swapped A6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Plastik View Post
That was one of the directions I was looking. I have wanted to stop the AFM and a tuner would do that but it's almost 1/2 my budget. After extensive reading here and other places a good Tune and CAI would be a good start. Read alot about Dynosteve. I'm here in central Alabama, I like road trips but wasn't sure it would be the result I wanted.

Thanks for the input.
Since you have an auto trans it will definitely be worth it. A tune in the L99 makes a huge difference. My first tune was from DynoSteve totally changed the car for the better. You get the handheld and 'lifetime' tunes from him and you will still have money left over for another mod like long tubes or CAI if you want.
2010 CGM Camaro 2SS LS3 Swapped A6 - GPI LS3 SS1 .647/.638, (224/237, 112 +4, 7º overlap) on CamMotion 8620 core, BTR Platinum .660" Dual Spring kit w/titanium retainers, CHE bronze trunnion upgrade, stock heads milled @ .015, Melling HV 10296 oil pump, TSP 1-7/8" long tube headers (W/Catless Off-road Pipes), Corsa Xtreme 3" Catback, GPI Ported/Rod Mod Intake, Stage 2 Ported Throttle Body, Vararam OTR CAI, Mike Norris Gen 2 catch can + GM 1LE clean side separator, 160º thermostat - Megan Racing adjustable coilovers (lowered 1.75"), MRR M017 10/11" wheels-Tuned by Ryan @ GPI
InFiD3ViL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2020, 02:54 PM   #16
SSE 4 2SS
Boosted Moderator

Drives: Bone Stock LS3
Send a message via AIM to SSE 4 2SS Send a message via Yahoo to SSE 4 2SS
Quote:
Yeah I've been looking hard at the kits. I read about space issues for the bottle in the convertible and when you add the tune I think I'm a bit outside my budget. But it would be close. I need to find a good timer around Atlanta and get the cost. I also read about the timing issue. I dont know if a kit a controller and a tune would fit in the budget. I might have to swear more so I can stuff more cash in the jar...!
I highly recommend MTI racing for your tuning and performance needs... Every person there I’ve ever spoken with was a quality person...

MTI established the 5th Gen Camaro Standing Mile record 5 months after the car was first released in Oct of 2009. We chased that record of 204.5 mph for over three years before it was surpassed... I achieved the record in 2016 at 225.8 but that now been surpassed as well...

Great guys, amazing work.... Marietta Ga if memory serves me correctly...

https://mtiracing.com/

Horsepower is how fast you hit the wall.
Torque is how far you take the wall with you.

“If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough.” Mario Andretti

If you can turn, you ain't going fast enough...
SSE 4 2SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2020, 03:16 PM   #17
Plastik

Drives: 2011 Camaro 2ss Convertible
Ok. I just ordered the SCT tuner from RDP.

We'll see what that does after a good tune. I've got 550 left and between now and the first tune... I've got some swearing to do.

Thanks for the replies... I have to mask up, not worried about the virus, I have to hide my grin when she sees the swear jar.....

Plastik
Plastik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2020, 04:23 PM   #18
frankwjr

Drives: 2010 SS 2SS M6
Quote:

We'll see what that does after a good tune. I've got 550 left and between now and the first tune... I've got some swearing to do.

Thanks for the replies... I have to mask up, not worried about the virus, I have to hide my grin when she sees the swear jar.....

Plastik
Old 09-09-2020, 04:36 PM   #19
TheFlyingBananaSS
Evil Genius of Chevrolet

Drives: 2017 Z06, 2019 XTS, 2013 SS
Your going to wonder why the car didn't come this way from factory. I had steve give me the most aggressive tune he can. WOW did he hit it out of the park. Better get a bigger swear jar too once you load the tune ��#facts
GPI SS2 VVT cam, ECS Novi 1500 supercharger, Corsa Extreme, Detroit Speed and BMR suspension, Circle D triple disc, Melling oil pump, LS2 chain tensioner, ATI 10% UD, DSX E85 kit, High Energy coils, BTR springs, LS2 Lifter trays, Titanium retainers, hardened push rods, FIC 1000 injectors, ZL1 pump, Mighty Mouse catch can, AEM gauges, Tial BOV, Richmond 3.91 gears, Custom gauge bezels, Speed Engineering headers, Stainless Works HF cats, DSX Aux pump, 710rwhp on E85.
TheFlyingBananaSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2020, 06:31 PM   #20
SSE 4 2SS
Boosted Moderator

Drives: Bone Stock LS3
Send a message via AIM to SSE 4 2SS Send a message via Yahoo to SSE 4 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheFlyingBananaSS View Post
Your going to wonder why the car didn't come this way from factory. I had steve give me the most aggressive tune he can. WOW did he hit it out of the park. Better get a bigger swear jar too once you load the tune ��#facts
Nice...

Horsepower is how fast you hit the wall.
Torque is how far you take the wall with you.

“If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough.” Mario Andretti

If you can turn, you ain't going fast enough...
SSE 4 2SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2020, 07:39 PM   #21
anth331

Drives: 12SS
Headers and a tune from Dynosteve totally changed my car. It's a 2012 2SS with auto. It will light them up until traction control takes over.
anth331 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2020, 08:01 PM   #22
Camaro2ss2010

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SSRS M6
Quote:
Yeah I've been looking hard at the kits. I read about space issues for the bottle in the convertible and when you add the tune I think I'm a bit outside my budget. But it would be close. I need to find a good timer around Atlanta and get the cost. I also read about the timing issue. I dont know if a kit a controller and a tune would fit in the budget. I might have to swear more so I can stuff more cash in the jar...!
Location says Bham, is that correct? There are a couple reputable tuners around here.
ECS supercharger, custom ground cam, ported throttle body, long tube headers, aeromotive fuel pump, fic injectors, ATI super damper, Corsa Extreme exhaust, elite engineering catch can and many other things.
Camaro2ss2010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2020, 11:08 PM   #23
Plastik

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Camaro2ss2010 View Post
Location says Bham, is that correct? There are a couple reputable tuners around here.

I'm now closer to Auburn. Job makes me move around a good bit. Dynosteve did me a solid today on the tuner. I'm gonna start there and see how it runs. I will most likely go CAI and then LT Headers. I figure with most every Mod l am doing to the power plant I will need to tune so having one and the awesome support of Dynosteve would be a good investment.

Have to work on a knuckle busting tractor this weekend so hopefully she will help MAKE me fill the jar some more! Found out today if I'm gonna let #%&*^#! Fly I just have to do it loud enough so she damands the jar recieve its deposit!

I'd like to find a good speed shop around Birmingham just to have someone if I need some "Hands On" help.
Old 09-10-2020, 08:52 AM   #24
xstuntman

Drives: 2012 Victory Red LFX
Quote:
Originally Posted by ariZona28 View Post
Are you auto or man trans? Either way 3.91 gears. Nice and simple. Not a HP gain but definitely an excitement gain.
Gonna have to go with this and it's actually what I'm planning.
2018 SS wheels, red Heritage grille, actual driving lights, ZL1 strut tower brace, GM Performance billet aluminum fuel door, front grille Bowtie delete, painted red rotors and calipers, 1/4 window American Flags, splash guards, AEM dry panel air filter.
xstuntman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2020, 09:00 AM   #25
Quicksilver2SS

Drives: 2SS/RS LS3 NPP
Quote:

Plastik
You mean a shit eatin grin?
Old 09-10-2020, 10:20 AM   #26
Plastik

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quicksilver2SS View Post
You mean a shit eatin grin?

Hahaha.... your gonna have to put money in the JAR!

Yeah, that one.... when Bama football starts that Jar always get stuffed fast! She got a new washer and dryer last season... oh and a trip to FL on the playoff game alone!
Old 09-10-2020, 11:24 AM   #27
InFiD3ViL

Drives: 2010 CGM 2SS/RS LS3 Swapped A6
Quote:
Hahaha.... your gonna have to put money in the JAR!

Yeah, that one.... when Bama football starts that Jar always get stuffed fast! She got a new washer and dryer last season... oh and a trip to FL on the playoff game alone!
I'm sure you already know to have him disable AFM. For the trans tune, he can give you a very aggressive Sport/Competitive mode while keeping regular Drive mode somewhat tame, in case you have a wife or kids that don't like it too crazy. Just gotta let him know exactly how you want it.
2010 CGM Camaro 2SS LS3 Swapped A6 - GPI LS3 SS1 .647/.638, (224/237, 112 +4, 7º overlap) on CamMotion 8620 core, BTR Platinum .660" Dual Spring kit w/titanium retainers, CHE bronze trunnion upgrade, stock heads milled @ .015, Melling HV 10296 oil pump, TSP 1-7/8" long tube headers (W/Catless Off-road Pipes), Corsa Xtreme 3" Catback, GPI Ported/Rod Mod Intake, Stage 2 Ported Throttle Body, Vararam OTR CAI, Mike Norris Gen 2 catch can + GM 1LE clean side separator, 160º thermostat - Megan Racing adjustable coilovers (lowered 1.75"), MRR M017 10/11" wheels-Tuned by Ryan @ GPI
InFiD3ViL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2020, 02:16 PM   #28
Plastik

Quote:
Originally Posted by InFiD3ViL View Post
I'm sure you already know to have him disable AFM. For the trans tune, he can give you a very aggressive Sport/Competitive mode while keeping regular Drive mode somewhat tame, in case you have a wife or kids that don't like it too crazy. Just gotta let him know exactly how you want it.

Since I got the Car August '19 , one of the "must do" items was to disable the afm. I had looked at the plug in Module. But then the tuner was 150.00 more and it seemed like a poor use of cash. I just waited till I had time to screw with it.

The possibility of having 2 very different driving modes is really interesting. I let her use the car very rarely but would really like to tame it down for her when she does.

I put axle back Muffler delete on a month ago and it sounded better but no performance improvement. I have had a few nice cars but this camaro is exactly what I wanted the way I wanted it.

Been looking at wheels but performance improvement outweighs cosmetics right now.