Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

Phastek Performance

Old 04-26-2018, 04:08 AM   #29
DasBaldDog

Drives: 2017 Focus RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by unixadm View Post
The dealer I bought my 2017 2SS Convertible from has Ten 2018 Camaro SSs in stock, two of them stick shift, all with $4500 discount, cheapest at $36,985

And cheapest Manual:

https://www.jimellischevrolet.com/al...elections=true
Tried to deal with 2 different Jim Ellis Chevy's in the past few weeks (one in Atlanta and the other in Buford).

One in Atlanta offered me the rebates plus another grand and that's it. I asked them about their "Internet Price".... "You don't qualify for that".

Didn't ask about my credit, military service, other cars I own, nothing... just "You don't qualify for that". Walked out of the door immediately afterward.
DasBaldDog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2018, 04:10 AM   #30
DasBaldDog

Drives: 2017 Focus RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by redcoats1976 View Post
you guys are looking in the wrong place.stingray chevy here in central florida has 3 rows of corvettes and camaros on hand.not short ones either,last time i was there they had several SS models and even a couple of ZL-1s.look online and see what they have now.just checked online,currently 8 SS cars,2 ZL-1s and a fireball 2SS.
Was there on Monday (the one in Bartow as well).

MSRP minus incentives, that's it. Went outside and looked at an Orange Gallardo Spyder they had sitting and talked to a different sales guy about drifting and whatnot for about 20 minutes.... price didn't change.
DasBaldDog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2018, 06:21 AM   #31
Godfatha

Drives: 2016 2SS Mosaic Black Convertible
Have tons on the lot at the two dealers I deal with in Knoxville. One has/had a couple of ZL1s on the showroom. The other had a couple SS, a ZL1, and a ZR1 (drool) on the showroom floor.
Godfatha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2018, 06:28 AM   #32
SecondZ28

Drives: 2013 ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by hotlap View Post
Mosaic black ZL1 A10. I sat in it when I had service done (top end clean for valves).
Off topic, but were you have carbon deposit issues?
'87 GN
SecondZ28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2018, 06:33 AM   #33
Rock-It Man
376 cubic inches of fun

Drives: 2023 Camaro ZL1 A10
Back in 2010 I bought my 2SS by ordering exactly the car I wanted from a small local dealer. Since then, the dealer has stocked no more than one Camaro per year.

So maybe try ordering exactly the car you want from a small dealer who is happy to make a sale. Make an offer below sticker, but don't expect a huge discount on a Camaro.
Rock-It Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2018, 07:38 AM   #34
unixadm

Drives: 2017 2SS Convertible Nightfall Gray
Quote:
Originally Posted by FMorr View Post
Tried to deal with 2 different Jim Ellis Chevy's in the past few weeks (one in Atlanta and the other in Buford).

One in Atlanta offered me the rebates plus another grand and that's it. I asked them about their "Internet Price".... "You don't qualify for that".

Didn't ask about my credit, military service, other cars I own, nothing... just "You don't qualify for that". Walked out of the door immediately afterward.
Talk to Reggie Stagmaier. He has been with Chevy for about 30 years and is an honest sales guy who believes in the product and customer service. PM me and I will give you my name as a reference. He will make it work.
unixadm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2018, 07:48 AM   #35
SnakeEyeSS

Drives: Camaro 2SS & ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by redcoats1976 View Post
you guys are looking in the wrong place.stingray chevy here in central florida has 3 rows of corvettes and camaros on hand.not short ones either,last time i was there they had several SS models and even a couple of ZL-1s.look online and see what they have now.just checked online,currently 8 SS cars,2 ZL-1s and a fireball 2SS.
I wasn't, I was just saying what was near me. I drove 100 miles and got my new 2SS for nearly 9K off, and it was exactly what I wanted except I thought I was going to get an even better deal but a rebate expired the day before I actually got to the dealer. Red was my first choice( because of my past car but I never had a yellow car, and my five year olds we're thrilled about having a "real bumblebee", and I want to share my hobby with them so....
Old 04-26-2018, 08:08 AM   #36
pennektj

Drives: 2018 Camaro 1SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rock-It Man View Post
Back in 2010 I bought my 2SS by ordering exactly the car I wanted from a small local dealer. Since then, the dealer has stocked no more than one Camaro per year.

So maybe try ordering exactly the car you want from a small dealer who is happy to make a sale. Make an offer below sticker, but don't expect a huge discount on a Camaro.

It must vary greatly city to city, let alone state by state. I recommend looking outside your state. In SW Ohio, I was able to get a 2018 SS 1LE w/PDR... for 39.5k. Sticker was 46.5. Work with the internet sales people, not the lot. Shopping on the internet is impersonal, and they know you can compare 100's of dealers instantly... and walk away with the click of a button. That department generally cuts straight to their best price.

I always start by spamming the local dealers to get their "internet price"... then pick the lowest offer and go to the dealership you like and haggle from there. There are deals to be had, some you just need to work harder for than others.

I wonder if that is a business idea... a company that will negotiate and buy a car on your behalf and take a percentage of the savings off MSRP that got you.
hmmmmm....
pennektj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2018, 08:28 AM   #37
hotlap

Drives: 20 1LE 2SS M6 Rally Green
Quote:
Originally Posted by SecondZ28 View Post
Off topic, but were you have carbon deposit issues?
I've had no issues at all. I saw they offered the top end service so I decided to be proactive given all the concern about carbon deposits in direct injection engines.

"the trouble with our liberal friends is not that they're ignorant; it's just that they know so much that isn't so.”
Ronald Reagan -
hotlap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2018, 08:31 AM   #38
Lafourche1

Drives: 2019 CLA 450 Mercedes
My dealership had several Camaros, including two ZL1s and 1 SS 1LE. They also had a Gran Sport, a couple of Z06s and were waiting on a sold ZR1. I got a decent price, but had to take one with a sun roof. Less helmet room. However, I like the sunroof and use it a lot more than I thought I would. OK with having it now. For the 7-10 track days a year, I'll have to lower the seat.
Lafourche1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2018, 08:57 AM   #39
'01LS1

Drives: 2003 Pete
Quote:
Originally Posted by SnakeEyeSS View Post
Red was my first choice( because of my past car...
Dear Chevrolet. Please, please, please build this car again.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pennektj View Post
It must vary greatly city to city, let alone state by state. I recommend looking outside your state.
While I agree. As pointed out by the op, the average buyer(in this case) is not going to mess with it. Same crap happens in my hometown from a stock stand point. Chevrolet stocks 1 new SS & it is usually a convertible per year. The rest are LS/LT variants. Directly across the street the Ford dealer stocks half a dozen GT's & a few base models. About 2 miles away the Dodge dealer stocks a dozen or so Challengers split between V8/V6 & about the same number in Chargers.

Same issue exists for Duramax trucks vs the competition.

From my area, you have to go 100 miles south or 200 miles north to find lots with better selection.
'01LS1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2018, 09:35 AM   #40
SnakeEyeSS

Drives: Camaro 2SS & ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by '01LS1 View Post
Dear Chevrolet. Please, please, please build this car again.

If you have zero interest in old cars SKIP this post.
They authorized reproduction bodies years ago, and you can buy a full aftermarket chassis that's road car race spec. So you can technically build one from scratch that can run with a modern car, except you'll spend enough to buy a Ferrari. Ford does it too, just saw an ad for a brand new reproduction 65 mustang for like 130K. It's licenced hybody by the manufacturer but basically made by a 3rd party, and then the car built by a place similar to Factory Five.

It's not a REAL first gen, and it's technically a new car, but it's barely removed from an unlicenced kit car so it's virtually worthless except for people that want exactly that.

But, if you want to go down the rabbit hole, you can look and find people that are pulling the VIN and cowl tags off of old rust buckets and putting them on the "kit car" and trying to pass them off as restored first gens. Now some would argue that a lot of first gen aren't too different as plenty of people have replaced nearly every bit of old Totaled ones that sat rusting for decades because that particular car has a rare package or options, and then who will fight to the death because a few small parts that are original make all the difference between real and fake even if they has to weldnin new metal for 99% of the unibody.... But the other will come back and say you could make a reproduction car and use an original hood and doors and it could end up having more original metal in it than a car that was factory restored. Like I said, rabbit hole.
Old 04-26-2018, 09:59 AM   #41
Nsxmatt
Account Suspended

Drives: 2017 Camaro
In this day and age, you do not walk into a dealership without doing your homework and shopping around online. The people that walk in to look around or just to see what you have on the lot will not get a deal. I spent 2 months looking on every car site and dealer site waiting for the best deal. I found my car on autotrader 200 miles away, the dealer treated me completely fair, the price online is what I paid, and I couldn't be happier.

Don't just support the local dealer because they are local, do your homework and make an educated and smart choice.
Nsxmatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2018, 10:35 AM   #42
Michael2000

Drives: .
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rock-It Man View Post

Yes, order it! Then you get a fresh car, not one sitting on the lot outside for months. Plus it has all the options you want, and none you don't.

You can also use car buying services to get your price down, such as Costco, USAA, and GM Friends and Family (if you know someone who works at GM). Email the internet sales departments for the dealers in your area, with the car you want (all options listed, colors, exact model - use GM model and option codes), and the price you want to pay. If the price is somewhat reasonable, someone will bite. It's an easy sale for them.
Michael2000 is offline   Reply With Quote