Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Technical Camaro Topics > Camaro Issues / Problems | Warranty Discussions | TSB and Recalls

Bigwormgraphix

Old 02-21-2023, 11:12 PM   #1
stormtrooperSS1le

Drives: 2017 camaro ss 1le
No start/fuel pump?

My Camaro has developed a no start condition. I think it is a burnt up fuel pump but might he wrong.

When I push the start button for the accessories to turn on I can’t hear the fuel pump any more priming ever.

Except if it put the car in diagnostic mode (hold start for 10 seconds). I am pretty sure I can hear it then turn on like usual.

Should I try loading my same tune again? This started after trying to start the car with a revision of starter tune for my Maf getting sorted. It would run then die after a few seconds. It was very low on gas. My bad there. I filled it up a bit with a gas can so it’s off the low fuel line but still no starting.

Any ideas?

I
stormtrooperSS1le is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2023, 11:36 PM   #2
stormtrooperSS1le

It sounds like it wants to start, I think that is from my aux fuel pump maybe giving it some fuel. I have hp tuner and can take a log of it if you think that would help diagnose?
Old 02-22-2023, 06:55 AM   #3
ctrlz

Drives: 2017 2SS, 50th pkg, M6, MRC, NPP
Maybe somebody from the below thread can help. I think it should pre-pressurize the system and you should be able to read that pressure with hptuners.
https://www.camaro6.com/forums/showthread.php?t=607842
ctrlz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2023, 03:22 PM   #4
stormtrooperSS1le

Seems like this dude fixed it with updating his firmware and Bluetooth unit. I’m gonna make sure I’m up to date on both and try reloading the tune. Also I’ll try to log it and see if I have low side pressure.
Old 02-23-2023, 02:58 PM   #5
LJason
SIK SS

Drives: 2016 Black 1SS
Mine won’t start either

Well, after much diagnosis and throwing a few parts at it, I decided to pull the high pressure pump and take a look see. Well, has anyone came across this before?

It looks like the camshaft follower is loose? I haven’t pulled the valley cover yet but it looks funky.
Attached Images

LJason is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2023, 03:28 PM   #6
ctrlz

Drives: 2017 2SS, 50th pkg, M6, MRC, NPP
Did you ever try reverting to the old tune?
ctrlz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2023, 01:19 AM   #7
chavomilkstain

Drives: 2022 Black ZL1 M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by LJason View Post
Well, after much diagnosis and throwing a few parts at it, I decided to pull the high pressure pump and take a look see. Well, has anyone came across this before?

It looks like the camshaft follower is loose? I haven’t pulled the valley cover yet but it looks funky.
Any updates on this? I'm running into a similar issue myself. Haven't pulled the HPFP off yet to look, but I'd bet mine failed. Had HP Tuners hooked up and fuel rail pressure reading was only 80PSI. Low side pump pressures were good. I did just recently do a cam swap and lashed the cam follower tip to offset the change in fuel lobe, so that could be an issue, too.
chavomilkstain is offline   Reply With Quote