#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Specific Packages / Variants > 6th gen Camaro 1LE

Phastek Performance

Old 03-25-2023, 04:20 PM   #29
2004YZFR1

Drives: 2020 Chevrolet Camaro Coupe 2SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by hms2488485 View Post
Attachment 938923This is what my front tires looked like AFTER my last track day. This was taken after those were taken off about a week later. They held up strong and I didn’t have any concerns. I had 3 track days and 12,500 miles on them. Pushed them as far as I could haha
Did you experience any shudder from the steering wheel with your tires worn un evenly like that? My wheels are about the same way for wear. I ran 2 days at the track last weekend and had a bad shudder thru the wheel. But I think my rotors look good.
2004YZFR1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2023, 09:10 PM   #30
TrackClub

Drives: 2020 SS 1LE (previous: 2017 SS 1LE)
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2004YZFR1 View Post
Did you experience any shudder from the steering wheel with your tires worn un evenly like that? My wheels are about the same way for wear. I ran 2 days at the track last weekend and had a bad shudder thru the wheel. But I think my rotors look good.
These tires are not enevenly worn - they just have different design pattern inside vs outside. They also still have good tread left for track duty. They should not give ya any shudder (under braking I assume?). It is proly pad deposits that cause that. Hard braking and heat takes care if it. Cheers!
TrackClub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2023, 10:47 PM   #31
NinthWave

Drives: 2022 SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2004YZFR1 View Post
May want to check wheel weights- can come loose on track. Also picking up rubber inside the wheel and/or on the tread if you go offline to pass.
NinthWave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2023, 11:55 PM   #32
TrackClub

Drives: 2020 SS 1LE (previous: 2017 SS 1LE)
Quote:
Originally Posted by NinthWave View Post
May want to check wheel weights- can come loose on track. Also picking up rubber inside the wheel and/or on the tread if you go offline to pass.
Ya good idea to secure any rim weights with silver sticky tape to keep them in place. Albeit, they are mostly useless on track as marbles get pick up anyway and will distort the balance regardless. Either way, no shudder should be present unless you went off line and picked up a bunch of marbles on the tires. But a couple of corners should clean them off nicely. Shudder under braking is a different story and usually to do with rotors, or pad deposits. Cheers!
TrackClub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2023, 06:56 AM   #33
Jason Mellon

Drives: 2017 Chevy Camaro 1LE & 2023 1LE
May increase tread wear fot street use but I never experienced that. Track alignment will help a lot. I got just over 10K miles on my first set with 6 track days. I will say I bought the car with 7400 miles on it and zero track time however, looked like first owner spun the rears a bit more than I would have liked to see. I immediately put a track alignment on it and I experienced rather even wear from then on. I drove them right up to the point of a hint of cords beginning to show. Tracked them right up to that point with no issue. But I could start to feel traction dropping off, got everything they had to offer! You’re good…get that track alignment!
Jason Mellon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2023, 10:59 AM   #34
2004YZFR1

Drives: 2020 Chevrolet Camaro Coupe 2SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by TrackClub View Post
Ya good idea to secure any rim weights with silver sticky tape to keep them in place. Albeit, they are mostly useless on track as marbles get pick up anyway and will distort the balance regardless. Either way, no shudder should be present unless you went off line and picked up a bunch of marbles on the tires. But a couple of corners should clean them off nicely. Shudder under braking is a different story and usually to do with rotors, or pad deposits. Cheers!
Thanks for the advice. I have black duct tape on my rims and it’s not rubber marbles. So it must be just bad pad transfer. My rotors look and feel great. Now I have to figure out how to clean it off. People say they used the blue Hawk pads to scrub any old pad deposits off.
2004YZFR1 is offline   Reply With Quote