Homepage Garage Wiki Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > I4 Turbo LTG Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Bigwormgraphix

Old 03-25-2023, 01:06 PM   #1

Drives: Camaro
Electronic blow off valve

I'm in the middle of changing my car over for E85 and adding a slightly bigger turbo, the 54mm from ZZP. The turbo has a vacuum controlled blow off valve instead of the stock style electronic one. Has anyone deleted the electronic blow off valve? I would assume something in the factory ECU must be changed, but the directions did not call it out. It's getting a tune change so making changes will be easy if I know what is needed. Thanks in advance!

Kurt
427 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2023, 07:16 AM   #2
Davescamaro

Drives: Chevy camaro
Hey, I looked at the z54 turbo and where the bypass valve looks to be mounted uses the same 3 bolt pattern as stock, so any diverter valve may work. I won't guarantee it, but it wouldn't hurt to shoot them an email to confirm.
Knockoff zl1 sideskirts, gm front chin spoiler, 1le blade spoiler, diode sides, 20" staggered Asanti black labels, azenis 510 245/40/20 fronts, goodrich comp sport 2s 275/35/20 rears, fifty brembos front, 13.6" slotted and drilled powerstop rotors
Davescamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2023, 10:59 AM   #3

Drives: Camaro
I ended up putting the electronic bypass on the new turbo, it was slightly different pattern but the new turbo housing was drilled for both the manual and factory electronic valve. I did contact ZZP but they didn't really know the difference between the valves function differences. Some research shows the factory valve is used in many systems for engine/trans/rear axle protection, so it's back in place!
Attached Images

Last edited by 427; 04-01-2023 at 11:01 AM. Reason: add pics
427 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2023, 05:39 PM   #4
Davescamaro

Drives: Chevy camaro
That looks great! Glad to see it bolts on.
Knockoff zl1 sideskirts, gm front chin spoiler, 1le blade spoiler, diode sides, 20" staggered Asanti black labels, azenis 510 245/40/20 fronts, goodrich comp sport 2s 275/35/20 rears, fifty brembos front, 13.6" slotted and drilled powerstop rotors
Davescamaro is offline   Reply With Quote