Homepage Garage Wiki Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Specific Packages / Variants > 6th gen Camaro 1LE

Phastek Performance

Old 02-12-2020, 12:52 PM   #1
justa_camaro

Drives: 2017 Camaro 3.6L
Magnaflow Resonated x-pipe on V6 1LE

Hello,

So my resonator is going bad, and I was told best thing is to cut it off and replace with an X-pipe. I do not want my car sounding bad or a lot different. I have the borla axle back, and sounds good.

Has anyone gotten or heard about someone getting the resonated magnaflow x-pipe on the 6th gen camaro V6? You think it will sound good? Lastly, will it fit? The x-pipe part number is 11386. Because a true X-pipe im sure will sound raspy and bad.

Thanks,
justa_camaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2020, 01:51 PM   #2
Matos1LE

Drives: SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by justa_camaro View Post
Hello,

So my resonator is going bad, and I was told best thing is to cut it off and replace with an X-pipe. I do not want my car sounding bad or a lot different. I have the borla axle back, and sounds good.

Has anyone gotten or heard about someone getting the resonated magnaflow x-pipe on the 6th gen camaro V6? You think it will sound good? Lastly, will it fit? The x-pipe part number is 11386. Because a true X-pipe im sure will sound raspy and bad.

Thanks,
Not on a Camaro, but my friend did put a Magnaflow resonated X pipe on a 350Z (he went to true dual exhaust) and it sounded excellent. No drone to speak of. I don't see why a normal X pipe would sound raspy and bad though. The whole reason for an X pipe is to smooth out flow.
Matos1LE is offline   Reply With Quote