Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Specific Packages / Variants > 6th gen Camaro 1LE

Bigwormgraphix

Old 02-13-2020, 10:38 AM   #15
VinnAY
Account Suspended

Drives: 18 1SS/1LE
I consider the same upgrade I want a Supercharged car as my last hurrah with these kinds of vehicles as a DD.
VinnAY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2020, 11:04 AM   #16
JROC
Account Suspended

Drives: 19 Camaro SS 1LE, 03 Ford Lightning
If I had wanted a ZL1 I would have gotten one. Nothing wrong with a ZL1 and if it's what you want then I say go for it but what do you want from your car? First even a stock GEN6 SS is pretty fast. HP has gotten so easy nowadays that you can't sanely use it on the street. It's almost gotten boring to drive these newer cars for how fast they are for their refinement level. I've DD modded Terminators and it's fun, but I don't need that in a DD anymore. IMO a 500-550 WHP N/A GEN6 SS 1LE would be about perfect for this car.

Generally I say I prefer my Fords boosted and my GM's N/A, but that's just my personal opinion. Not always the case either. I'd rather have a Boss 302 LS than a GT500 for example. I think they look better, they're lightweight (relatively speaking) and the modern 5 liter Fords are full of potential. Same with the GEN6 Camaro. The SS 1LE for me is right at the limit of what I'll except from a performance car in terms of weight. Also I like the SS 1LE looks better than the ZL1. Again JMO. If you're feeling the ZL1 I say go for it if it makes sense financially.

Last edited by JROC; 02-18-2020 at 05:25 PM. Reason: Spelling errors.
JROC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2020, 05:46 AM   #17
Bosse'sBoss

Drives: '16 Camaro SS 6 spd manual transm.
Thumbs up

From what I have read. The SS1LE has a more balanced F/R weight that you can feel at the track; and the ZL1 has more weight on the front because of the S.C, but still is a very powerful and great handling car. If in base SS, a Camaro went H2H on MT VS a BMW M4 because of the amazing "Alpha" platform, just imagine what the SS1LE & ZL1 can do. It all depends on your needs. GM hit a homerun with the 6th gen Camaro. I love my M6 SS.
'14 Camaro ZL1 w/. Recaro seats
'11 Mustang GT 5.0 w. track package
'02 Porsche 911 Carrera
'05 Infiniti G35 coupe sport
Bosse'sBoss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2020, 09:23 AM   #18
zx9rmal

Drives: '20 ZL1 M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bosse'sBoss View Post
From what I have read. The SS1LE has a more balanced F/R weight that you can feel at the track; and the ZL1 has more weight on the front because of the S.C, but still is a very powerful and great handling car. If in base SS, a Camaro went H2H on MT VS a BMW M4 because of the amazing "Alpha" platform, just imagine what the SS1LE & ZL1 can do. It all depends on your needs. GM hit a homerun with the 6th gen Camaro. I love my M6 SS.
That being said, a non issue for me since I don't track the car. However, I do corner very aggressively when it's safe. I think I feel a slight, and I mean really slight, amount of push in the front compared to the 1LE. An absolute non issue.
'22 Kawasaki ZX-14R
zx9rmal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2020, 10:31 AM   #19
keystonemedical

Drives: 2019 ZL1 / LE , 2014 CTS V
If you have the extra clams to buy a ZL1, then go a few more bucks and look into a ZL1 / LE, its going to have a better resale value, incase you dont like it and want to sell or trade it and its really a better car IMO. I doubt you wouldnt like it if you like nasty cars.
keystonemedical is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2020, 03:23 PM   #20
zx9rmal

Drives: '20 ZL1 M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by JROC View Post
If I had wanted a ZL1 I would have gotten one. Nothing wrong with a ZL1 and if it's what you want then I say go for it but what do you want from your car? First even a stock GEN6 SS is pretty fast. HP has gotten so easy nowadays that you can't sanely use it on the street.

Again JMO. If you're feel the ZL1 I say go for it if it makes seem financially.
I totally agree JROC.

What I want from my car is looks, top shelf performance, and power, which my 1LE had. The ZL1 has more....... power that is. And I can certainly sanely use it on the street, just not all of it. But you can enjoy bursts of it in the right conditions.

I ride my ZX-14R, which has a 2.8 weight to whp ratio, about 12,000 miles a year. I ride it responsibly, i.e., sometimes fast but only in rural areas where there aren't any houses, buildings, businesses or people.

We all place different values on things that are important to us.

For me, I immensely enjoy owning something that's truly special, regardless of it's limitations on the street. Call it pride of ownership, appreciation for technology, whatever. For example, I've had the bike for 8 years and 68,000 miles. I love the bike as much today as the day I bought it. It still makes me shake my head every time I stretch its legs, even though you can't use a fraction of its full potential on the street. I'm anticipating feeling the same about the ZL1.
'22 Kawasaki ZX-14R
zx9rmal is offline   Reply With Quote