Homepage Garage Wiki Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

Bigwormgraphix

Old 07-21-2019, 02:38 AM   #29
V8 Firebird

Drives: ⚡Electric TM3 ⚡
I think GM will fix Camaro its price in future again. They don't just give Corvette a fair price, GM also gives a decent price in brand new CT5.

And. I don't think C8 Corvette is good for daily driving and having decent cargo as its mid-engine design.

Maybe, that is different case, but Ferrari has MR and FR both in their lineup. Ferrari doesn't kill 812 despite SF90.
Old 07-21-2019, 03:07 AM   #30
Larrio Andretti

Drives: Really Fast
Quote:
Originally Posted by Memphis SS View Post
You can lose the gas guzzler tax it’s a upgraded LT1, my last Corvette averaged 21mpg in town and 32mpg on the highway my buddies C7 gets 34mpg on trips I bet the C8 will get as good or better.

$59,900.00 plus $900.00 plus tax. My 2017 2SS listed for almost $50,000.00 so it’s not that far of a stretch for me. Plus give them a year and discount will be around.

True about the gas guzzler tax. If you can find an allocation for a base model with no options I’d be amazed. Dealers won’t be handing out allocations for the first year or year and a half. In addition you’re telling me you don’t want mag ride dampers, metallic paint, customized interior, etc... this will be a $75,000 car minimum... more likely closer to $80K without added dealer markup which may or may not happen. Maybe at least in the first 6mo.
Old 07-21-2019, 03:16 AM   #31
DeadSpider

Drives: 2019 Camaro SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Road_Warrior85 View Post
Corvette buyers weren't getting Camaros before... and they aren't going to start now.

There's 2 reasons people that want a Corvette buy a Camaro instead.
1. To have back seats
2. The Corvette costs too much for them.

Neither of those will change with the C8.

The C8 will steal sales from it's competitors, and the amount it steals from the Camaro will be too small to even be noteworthy.... Much like the amount of Corvette buyers that are going to opt for a Camaro instead..... and those that do, would likely be going for the ZL1 rather than the regular SS or SS 1LE
Corvette buyer who purchased Camaro. Reason 3, headroom. SS 1LE here.
DeadSpider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2019, 06:00 AM   #32
Memphis SS

Drives: 2017 SS A8 Hyper Blue/White Stripes
Quote:
Originally Posted by Larrio Andretti View Post
True about the gas guzzler tax. If you can find an allocation for a base model with no options I’d be amazed. Dealers won’t be handing out allocations for the first year or year and a half. In addition you’re telling me you don’t want mag ride dampers, metallic paint, customized interior, etc... this will be a $75,000 car minimum... more likely closer to $80K without added dealer markup which may or may not happen. Maybe at least in the first 6mo.
The base model was shown at the press release the dual clutch transmission, targa top, wheels, and most all colors are standard. I don’t know if you have ever bought a new Corvette but the base model has more on it than a Camaro 2LT or 2SS. We will have to see what GM puts as standard equipment on the C8

Yes, people will buy a super car in base trim for $59,000 (Corvette base trim)vs a loaded SS or ZL1

By the way large dealerships are already taking deposits at window sticker (no makeup’s) in a year discounts will be out there so I think you are over inflating your prices just a bit. My buddy lives in Bowing Green and works at the Corvette Museum, he told me GM increased the size of the planet and added a second shift to keep up with demand. I don’t see an availability issues running up prices at any dealer once we get past the first year.

I do agree you will be able to run the numbers up quick but dealers will keep entry level units around or do like I do I don’t mind waiting 5 to 6 weeks for an order. That’s what I did on the SS in 2017 to get what I wanted on it

Last edited by Memphis SS; 07-21-2019 at 06:55 AM.
Memphis SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2019, 06:17 AM   #33
Memphis SS

Quote:
Originally Posted by JamesNoBrakes View Post
And don't forget people drop 70K on trucks these days like it's nothing.
Very true, that and SUVs

Old 07-21-2019, 06:45 AM   #34
Gunkk
Thank you Al Oppenheiser!

Drives: Red Hot A10 ZL1 Convertible
Quote:
By the way large dealerships are already taking deposits at window sticker no makeup’s in a year discounts will be out there so you are over inflating your prices.
+1 this. And smaller dealers too that are already in the Corvette program with GM and have 2019 sales. Their allocations for 2020 = their volume sold in 2019.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Larrio Andretti View Post
Dealers won’t be handing out allocations for the first year or year and a half.
That's not how it's working this time. You can build a C8 to order out of the gate ... This isn't like onsey-twosey allocations. Corvette production is far more custom than camaro. With 12 exterior colors, 6 interior colors and heaps of trim options, it has to be. Dealers will be FAR more willing to order you a custom car than take a gamble on buring one of their allocations having to push pre-selected options on picky customers.

First you go online and use the configurator, then at the end you get the option to pick a dealer, download the PDF and the configurator emails them your spec. Then the dealer contacts you (I got an email from Bill Buck within 12 hrs).
Quote:
We are now taking deposits for ordering them so let me know if you would be interested in securing a spot for one of them. You will be able to customize it the way you want when we can place the order and the deposit is refundable. Let me know, I would be happy to help.
The PDF you get at the end of the config process looks like this. I expect the price to be in the $75k-$80k range as spec'd.
Attached Images

Gunkk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2019, 06:46 AM   #35
Gen6_1Le

Drives: 2018 Camaro 1Le
Quote:
Will be interesting to see how the pricing breaks out and how far under $60,000 is the actual price. Also I will be surprised if the Z51 package jumps the car $13,000 to $72,000. The current Z51 package is only a $5,000 add.

I watched a good YouTube a few months back with some retired Corvette employees that said the mid engine was only going to be about a 3% to 5% increase over the current C7, this would include each upgraded model on pricing. ( they were correct so far)
Will be interesting to see if that is the case on the GS and ZR1.
I think people will realize this C8 is a Corvette when they see full pricing ,right now they are seeing under $60k . Corvettes jump up very quickly in price , a Z51 1Lt to the 3Lt is a huge difference in price .I don't know anyone with a stripped Corvette , actually the few i know personally all have Grandsports with manual trans . I can also tell you they have no interest in this C8 , no manual trans and getting the bugs out is a huge concern for now .
Gen6_1Le is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2019, 06:56 AM   #36
Smokin19

Drives: 19' ZL1 A10, w/pdr
For those that wanted a ZL1 but, can't afford one, how are you going to buy the new C8? The same demographics apply to buying this new C8. As we have discussed here, many of the new generation could care less. It will be up to those with the income and upper mobility that can buy this car, like always.
BTR Stg II cam w/ 38% fuel lobe, ARH 2" headers into 3" w/cats, AWE Touring, Kong X port, Weapon X triple ht exchangers, NW 103, Rotofab big gulp, DSX lowside, TCM tune, BMR Lockout, Mustang dyno 720 rwhp, 634 rwtq on 93 pump.
Smokin19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2019, 07:13 AM   #37
Memphis SS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gen6_1Le View Post
I think people will realize this C8 is a Corvette when they see full pricing ,right now they are seeing under $60k . Corvettes jump up very quickly in price , a Z51 1Lt to the 3Lt is a huge difference in price .I don't know anyone with a stripped Corvette , actually the few i know personally all have Grandsports with manual trans . I can also tell you they have no interest in this C8 , no manual trans and getting the bugs out is a huge concern for now .
I agree.. I personally would not buy the first year of any new design but GM has put in the hours on this one and they don’t want it to get a black eye.. time will tell.

You are correct, I was at a Corvette plant seminar and the majority of the Corvettes sold are Gand Sports and ZO6 models. I do think that base model will put it in reach of some of the Camaro owners. To be honest that really hasn’t changed from the past price structure . The base Corvette was already a mid $50,000 car but now it’s what you get for the money. It will be interesting to see how it effects the Camaro market.

Last edited by Memphis SS; 07-21-2019 at 08:08 AM. Reason: Spelling ..iPad fighting with my typing
Memphis SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2019, 07:14 AM   #38
undy

Drives: 2020 2SS vert (ordered)
I have a 2020 2SS vert on order. I called my dealership yesterday and asked if they could sell my Camaro and shift my deposit to the Vette. They agreed and did so. They have a 75 unit allocation for the Vette, 19 being delivered on the first round of deliveries (anticipated February time frame). I'm number 10 on their list. To say the least, I'm stoked!!
undy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2019, 07:22 AM   #39
Memphis SS

Quote:
Originally Posted by undy View Post
I have a 2020 2SS vert on order. I called my dealership yesterday and asked if they could sell my Camaro and shift my deposit to the Vette. They agreed and did so. They have a 75 unit allocation for the Vette, 19 being delivered on the first round of deliveries (anticipated February time frame). I'm number 10 on their list. To say the least, I'm stoked!!
Congrats
Old 07-21-2019, 07:45 AM   #40
Wyzz Kydd
Banned

Drives: 2018 Camaro SS1 1LE
I don’t believe this Vette will have a significant impact on Camaro sales at all. There is too little crossover in the markets for each car. You can say the Vette is just as practical, or impractical, as the Camaro but that’s simply not true.

Many of us DD the Camaro, I drive my three younger kids to school in mine every day. My wife and I, and sometimes one of the kids, load up a gun cart, suitcase and 8-10 guns and go on road trips to shooting matches regularly.

Try that in a Vette, ain’t gonna work. Yeah the price difference isn’t that great, I could afford the Vette, but I would have to buy another car and park the Vette to get to work every day. I would also have to park it on the weekends we do road trips.

I think sales for this Vette will be poor, there are too many drawbacks. Purists will be put off by the fact that it’s such a departure from past Vettes. The lack of a manual transmission will turn off a significant subset. That horrendous row of buttons will turn off another subset.

It’s a shame, I like the appearance, the performance they’re claiming and the mid engine design. But the buttons and the auto only are deal breakers for me.
Wyzz Kydd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2019, 07:55 AM   #41
The_DarkKnight

Drives: 2018 ZL1 1LE
now you see why Porsche neuters its boxster, to keep the 911 as its halo car and not destroy sales for the cheaper car, but still 911s are more in demand
The_DarkKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2019, 07:58 AM   #42
Silverado57

Drives: 2017 Camaro SS
To me the C7 is the best-looking car ever. That being said the C8 is stunning, priced right and actually has usable trunk/storage space. If I can fit into one it might make it to my shopping list.