Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Tuning / Diagnostics

BeckyD @ James Martin Chevy

Old 08-26-2018, 07:56 PM   #43
cmitchell17

Drives: 17 2SS, 8L90, Cam, Heads, E85
Quote:
Originally Posted by cooper1965 View Post
I've said it before, but in my opinion.. .. GM is, and has been,. some of the more difficult PCM's to modify. But,. it doesn't stop there. Its the system in its entirety, with the heart being the HMI. "IF" someone could figure out BCM tuning, it would go a LONG way....

So what manufacture has the most tuning friendly ECMs/PCMs? And yes I agree ive never seen any support for GM BCMs. I thought Toyota had the most unfriendly ECMs to tune?

I still can't believe they have so many GM "Performance" parts that obviously require a different calibration, and how do they expect anyone to get a non stock calibration? haha
cmitchell17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2018, 08:52 PM   #44
cooper1965
Coopers Camaro

Drives: 18 Flex Fuel LTG
Quote:
Originally Posted by cmitchell17 View Post
So what manufacture has the most tuning friendly ECMs/PCMs? And yes I agree ive never seen any support for GM BCMs. I thought Toyota had the most unfriendly ECMs to tune?

I still can't believe they have so many GM "Performance" parts that obviously require a different calibration, and how do they expect anyone to get a non stock calibration? haha

As far as the BIG 3 go, Dodge is the easiest, then Ford, heck they offer tons of warranty compliant tuning options off the shelf.. Gm is tight on every code and calibration, making even a simple CAI's require PCM modification.

But, don't let that get ya down.
On my 18LTG, I am using a completely UN-detectable, by any tool we use here at the dealership level, EFILive tune. I have personally tried to detect incremental PCM write counts UN-sucessfully.

---My Build Thread---
-----My IG PAGe-----
cooper1965 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2020, 08:16 AM   #45
pavetim

Drives: firebird
If you want to fight and risk it if they deny warranty. Say you have a e85 tune and your trans blows out. The magnusun moss warranty act says they have to prove the mod caused or led to the damage to void the warranty. In that particular case these cars may not be enabled but they are made for e85 ao hard to prove e85 caused trans to blow
pavetim is offline   Reply With Quote