Homepage Garage Wiki Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Specific Packages / Variants > 6th gen Camaro 1LE

BeckyD @ James Martin Chevy

Old 04-30-2020, 07:08 AM   #71
Bosse'sBoss

Drives: '16 Camaro SS 6 spd manual transm.
Wink

Agree the 6th gen Camaro Alpha platform along its eLSD was very well designed, even compared with the C7 Corvettes that had a squirrely rear back, you can read that on many MT reviews were they commented that they trusted more the handling of the 6th gen Camaros
My previous car was a Stingray Z51.
'14 Camaro ZL1 w/. Recaro seats
'11 Mustang GT 5.0 w. track package
'02 Porsche 911 Carrera
'05 Infiniti G35 coupe sport
Bosse'sBoss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2020, 10:49 PM   #72
RobbyBeefcake87

Drives: 2018 Camaro SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by glamcem View Post
Agreed. To be fair though, on the day compared the GT350R to ZL1 at the big Willow, ZL1 was about 1.5 seconds slower than its previous lap time (it did 1:26 something previously) since it was a hot day. So there may be some disadvantage due to track conditions..so there's that. Typically GT350R should be at least 1-1.5 seconds faster but like you said tires alone should be accountable for at least 1 second..so to me there's no better value than SS 1LE if you consider all that. Gosh I cannot wait to take it for another track day..
That's very fair but I'd also assume the heat may affect the supercharged car a little more relatively speaking.
2018 Camaro SS 1LE - GM cai, black bowties, suede knee bolsters, 1le plate frame, black fuel door, dark tails + 3rd brake light, euro side markers + led's, GM all weather floor mats, velossatech big mouth, GM strut brace.
2017 Corvette Grandsport (sold) - untouched.
2006 GTO (sold) - iat relocation, air box mod, monero side marker lights.
RobbyBeefcake87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2020, 10:50 PM   #73
RobbyBeefcake87

Drives: 2018 Camaro SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by TrackClub View Post
Yes, GM made the throttle more linear in Track mode as a result of Randy comments.

PS i usually go to fastestlaps.com for laptimes by venue.
Also, this is another good source. None of them are perfect, but they do give a general idea how various cars compare.

https://www.caranddriver.com/feature...storical-data/
Thanks, didn't know about that.

Idk what I was thinking, I actually reference fastestlaps.com all the time. Brain fart.
2018 Camaro SS 1LE - GM cai, black bowties, suede knee bolsters, 1le plate frame, black fuel door, dark tails + 3rd brake light, euro side markers + led's, GM all weather floor mats, velossatech big mouth, GM strut brace.
2017 Corvette Grandsport (sold) - untouched.
2006 GTO (sold) - iat relocation, air box mod, monero side marker lights.
RobbyBeefcake87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2020, 05:24 PM   #74
glamcem

Drives: '19 RivrsdBlu 1LE ('17 1LE HB sold)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bosse'sBoss View Post
Agree the 6th gen Camaro Alpha platform along its eLSD was very well designed, even compared with the C7 Corvettes that had a squirrely rear back, you can read that on many MT reviews were they commented that they trusted more the handling of the 6th gen Camaros
My previous car was a Stingray Z51.
Agreed : thumb:

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobbyBeefcake87 View Post
That's very fair but I'd also assume the heat may affect the supercharged car a little more relatively speaking.
Cannot agree more I had first hand experience with two SC track cars and was considering a ZLE but one of the main reasons I wanted to go with NA (SS 1LE).

That being said, GT350R with high revving V8 may see similar or even higher oil temps as Engine RPM is typically responsible for oil temps (of course there are other factors since very different cars) but in general.

Still though, being only about 1.5 seconds behind a car that costs almost twice as much and with street tires wins in my book any day (subjective opinion)
glamcem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2020, 10:31 AM   #75
TrackClub

Drives: 2020 SS 1LE (previous: 2017 SS 1LE)
Quote:
Originally Posted by RobbyBeefcake87 View Post
Thanks, didn't know about that.

Idk what I was thinking, I actually reference fastestlaps.com all the time. Brain fart.
Nobody is immune. I've had my fair share of those myself Cheers!
TrackClub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2020, 10:36 AM   #76
TrackClub

Drives: 2020 SS 1LE (previous: 2017 SS 1LE)
Quote:
Originally Posted by glamcem View Post
Agreed : thumb:

Cannot agree more I had first hand experience with two SC track cars and was considering a ZLE but one of the main reasons I wanted to go with NA (SS 1LE).

That being said, GT350R with high revving V8 may see similar or even higher oil temps as Engine RPM is typically responsible for oil temps (of course there are other factors since very different cars) but in general.

Still though, being only about 1.5 seconds behind a car that costs almost twice as much and with street tires wins in my book any day (subjective opinion)
I'd say your opinion is quite objective, Cem.
NB I know 3 GT350 owners first hand: one tracking his R with no issues. Another with GT350 has had his motor puke oil twice on a track. The last one, also a GT350 consumes a quart of oil per each gas fill up (this one is a DD only car and thankfully a lease).
TrackClub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2020, 08:29 PM   #77
glamcem

Drives: '19 RivrsdBlu 1LE ('17 1LE HB sold)
Quote:
Originally Posted by TrackClub View Post
I'd say your opinion is quite objective, Cem.
NB I know 3 GT350 owners first hand: one tracking his R with no issues. Another with GT350 has had his motor puke oil twice on a track. The last one, also a GT350 consumes a quart of oil per each gas fill up (this one is a DD only car and thankfully a lease).
I heard most of the high revving V8s are not reliable (not surprisingly) so it looks like GT350s are no exception. Let's see how the GMs high revving DOHC V8 will do
glamcem is offline   Reply With Quote