Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 6th gen Camaro vs...

Bigwormgraphix

Old 03-17-2020, 02:42 PM   #6777
oldman

Drives: SS 6 speed of course
Quote:
Originally Posted by TreedYou View Post
When "some random guy" runs a number on the GT500 you start in about how it's not stock and all the voodoo people are doing to hide stuff.
It was me that listed all the stuff an LT1 can have and still appear 100% stock. I can also list the LS1 mods from "free mods" to max stealth builds. I'm sure the Mustang is the same way. My tag line used to say "fastest stock ones ain't". Given tracks, track conditions and the mods people except as stock and the mods that can be done to stock cars give little credence to any claim of "stock" whatever when are talking about the fastest one. Even the factory has provided known ringers: Pontiac, GS stage 1, GNX, 383 Road Runner, not tested but mod from the factory GLH-S, Shelby 427. I'll just take 1 example, just about every "fastest car" muscle car lists the Cobra at 12.2. I does do that but that is the race version, or race fuel, or special race only (throw them away after the test) tires, prototype that was returned to Shelby as "undrivable", sold again and quickly proceeded to kill its next owner. A production Shelby if you could call any production, and if you were lucky enough to get an actual 427 (not a 428), and if it actually ran correctly, on true production street tires clocked at 13.2, still fast. Pontiac was far worst.
Forged short block, large duration sub .600 lift Cam Motion cam, 7200 RPM fuel cut, Pray Ported Heads, 3.85 pulley D1X, stage II intercooler, DSX secondary low side, DSX E85 sensor, Lingenfelter big bore 2.0 pump, ported front cats, 60608 Borla, LT4 injectors, ZL1 1LE driveshaft and Katech ported TB, ported MSD intake, BTR valvetrain, ARP studs, ProFlow valves, PS4 tires.
oldman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2020, 04:14 PM   #6778
TheRealJA105

Drives: 2013 C6Z06
Quote:
Originally Posted by TreedYou View Post
You will never allow yourself to be wrong, you'll even change the definition of things to not be wrong so you're right YOU will never be wrong...
To yourself.
When "some random guy" runs a number on the GT500 you start in about how it's not stock and all the voodoo people are doing to hide stuff.
You can't be wrong if you don't accept things you don't like you have that down to a science.
There are a total of two ZL1's that run 10.94 and 10.99 on the fast list.
I'm glad you are still here. Blaq is absolutely delusional and he keeps proving it over and over. We could go back and prove him wrong, but he won't see our posts because he blocked us for already proving him wrong multiple times.

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldman View Post
It was me that listed all the stuff an LT1 can have and still appear 100% stock. I can also list the LS1 mods from "free mods" to max stealth builds. I'm sure the Mustang is the same way. My tag line used to say "fastest stock ones ain't". Given tracks, track conditions and the mods people except as stock and the mods that can be done to stock cars give little credence to any claim of "stock" whatever when are talking about the fastest one. Even the factory has provided known ringers: Pontiac, GS stage 1, GNX, 383 Road Runner, not tested but mod from the factory GLH-S, Shelby 427. I'll just take 1 example, just about every "fastest car" muscle car lists the Cobra at 12.2. I does do that but that is the race version, or race fuel, or special race only (throw them away after the test) tires, prototype that was returned to Shelby as "undrivable", sold again and quickly proceeded to kill its next owner. A production Shelby if you could call any production, and if you were lucky enough to get an actual 427 (not a 428), and if it actually ran correctly, on true production street tires clocked at 13.2, still fast. Pontiac was far worst.
At least you admit to cheating, unlike alot of people.
TheRealJA105 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2020, 04:46 PM   #6779
BlaqWhole
Account Suspended

Drives: 2017 Camaro ZL1 A10
Quote:
Originally Posted by GuywithL86 View Post
You’ve gone too deep
LOL, I've been off the deep end for a while now.
Quote:
Originally Posted by shaffe View Post
Yep you nailed it. Those guys are doing it for the views and the clicks that's why they try to be the first for whatever
Well they just royally screwed themselves over. I saw a glimpse of a report that GM and the other manufacturers will be shutting down plants in 2 weeks. Or something to that effect. Which means that there will be even less 2020 C8s than there were gonna be. After the strike happened a lot of the 2020s were gonna actually have to be 2021s. Now a further delay will mean even more will be 2021s. So actual 2020s will be very limited now and highly sought after in the future. And the 2021s will be the easiest to get since there will be more than what was originally planned. These guys with early versions that just went out beating the shit out of them are gonna have C8s that nobody will want since everyone will likely want a clean unmolested version that has been taken care of properly. Hopefully I will still get my 2020. If I do then it is gonna get babied and broken in properly and not driven much. We'll see how much value it has. If I get mine and if it is an official 2020 that is. Fingers crossed.
Quote:
Originally Posted by oldman View Post
I would say Mustang guys are the kings of "stock" cars. Or they say "well it is stock except for..." which means it ain't stock. Probably 90% of them have hidden mods or mods that they conveniently forget to mention. We caught them in that a couple years ago when several of them were making these claims but forgetting to list all their mods. Or the excuse was that they race competitively so they can't divulge all their secrets. LOL!!
BlaqWhole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2020, 06:10 PM   #6780
oldman

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRealJA105 View Post
At least you admit to cheating, unlike alot of people.
There are two kinds of racers, cheaters and losers, take your pick.
Forged short block, large duration sub .600 lift Cam Motion cam, 7200 RPM fuel cut, Pray Ported Heads, 3.85 pulley D1X, stage II intercooler, DSX secondary low side, DSX E85 sensor, Lingenfelter big bore 2.0 pump, ported front cats, 60608 Borla, LT4 injectors, ZL1 1LE driveshaft and Katech ported TB, ported MSD intake, BTR valvetrain, ARP studs, ProFlow valves, PS4 tires.
Old 03-17-2020, 06:15 PM   #6781
oldman

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlaqWhole View Post
I would say Mustang guys are the kings of "stock" cars. Or they say "well it is stock except for..." which means it ain't stock. Probably 90% of them have hidden mods or mods that they conveniently forget to mention. We caught them in that a couple years ago when several of them were making these claims but forgetting to list all their mods. Or the excuse was that they race competitively so they can't divulge all their secrets. LOL!!
Fast cars, competition for beautiful women, if you ain't cheating, you're doing it wrong. I, of course, have a trophy wife... just saying.
Old 03-17-2020, 08:32 PM   #6782
BlaqWhole
Account Suspended

Drives: 2017 Camaro ZL1 A10
My information was incorrect. They are not shutting down facilities. They are enhancing precautions to protect their workers against the virus spread. So their should hopefully be no further delays.

However I still think it is stupid for these guys to be trashing early VIN 2020 MY C8s. They are gonna have limited production numbers and will be the scarcest MY. So that alone might add to their valone if it's been beaten to Hell already.
BlaqWhole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2020, 08:02 AM   #6783
NW-99SS

Drives: 1999 Camaro SS M6 - SBE LS1
Quote:
My information was incorrect. They are not shutting down facilities. They are enhancing precautions to protect their workers against the virus spread. So their should hopefully be no further delays.

However I still think it is stupid for these guys to be trashing early VIN 2020 MY C8s. They are gonna have limited production numbers and will be the scarcest MY. So that alone might add to their valone if it's been beaten to Hell already.
It won't in the same way the 2014 C7s are worth no more than any other year. These are mass produced Corvettes, C8 included. So unless there is a drastic body change for 2021, the 2020s will be the least valuable except for Rick Hendrick's VIN 0001, and the few early cars that got the carbon fiber aero package before it was discontinued (but even those cars will depreciate once the 2021s and up come out with the same available option).
2017 Yukon Denali 6.2
NW-99SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2020, 10:49 AM   #6784
shaffe

Drives: 21 Bronco
Quote:
Originally Posted by NW-99SS View Post
It won't in the same way the 2014 C7s are worth no more than any other year. These are mass produced Corvettes, C8 included. So unless there is a drastic body change for 2021, the 2020s will be the least valuable except for Rick Hendrick's VIN 0001, and the few early cars that got the carbon fiber aero package before it was discontinued (but even those cars will depreciate once the 2021s and up come out with the same available option).
I think the first C8s will hold their value better just because they will be the first of the mid engine
it has more power...its available power is like a set kof double Ds (no matter where your face is... theyre everywhere) it has the suspension to mame it matter...(
shaffe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2020, 10:55 AM   #6785
NW-99SS

Drives: 1999 Camaro SS M6 - SBE LS1
Quote:
I think the first C8s will hold their value better just because they will be the first of the mid engine
I can't see why, when all the subsequent years will be the exact same car. '53 and '54 Vette are valuable due to low production numbers, and special body work for those two years only.

That's not how modern Vettes are being produced. The ONLY modern Corvette to have a similar scenario is the 1 year only 2019 ZR1. If I were a betting man, my money is on the ZR1 holding value more than any other production Corvette in the last 40 years.
2017 Yukon Denali 6.2
NW-99SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2020, 11:01 AM   #6786
RobbyBeefcake87

Drives: 2018 Camaro SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Snowblind View Post
I did not watch his video but give it some time and that number will improve, not anywhere near a DR 10.7 GT500 time but 11.5 on a bone stock car is a good start. My friend was there and learned that the c8 had 44lbs of air in the run flats and they didn't air them down...along with a poor burn out. Not sure why they did that and expect good results
Oh I know his times will improve for sure. I doubt that c8 was even past the break in period, more so highlighting how some will claim a victory over a c8 or claim it as just an 11.5 car vs their clearly not stock "stock gt500".
2018 Camaro SS 1LE - GM cai, black bowties, suede knee bolsters, 1le plate frame, black fuel door, dark tails + 3rd brake light, euro side markers + led's, GM all weather floor mats, velossatech big mouth, GM strut brace.
2017 Corvette Grandsport (sold) - untouched.
2006 GTO (sold) - iat relocation, air box mod, monero side marker lights.
RobbyBeefcake87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2020, 11:03 AM   #6787
RobbyBeefcake87

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silveradoss573 View Post
Yeah pretty pathetic showcasing for the C8 this week on YouTube at the strip. As bad as this one was, the one where the guy broke his half shaft takes the cake do far.
I think none of those guys were past the break in 500 mile period if I'm not mistaken, but yea still not a great showing considering they were running low 11s on street surfaces.

Also they didn't get the Evan treatment, mostly seems like inexperienced dudes having fun and running their cars.
2018 Camaro SS 1LE - GM cai, black bowties, suede knee bolsters, 1le plate frame, black fuel door, dark tails + 3rd brake light, euro side markers + led's, GM all weather floor mats, velossatech big mouth, GM strut brace.
Old 03-18-2020, 11:05 AM   #6788
Laststandard

Drives: 2018 1SS 1LE
Look at the GT350. The seemed pretty disappointing over at M6G when used ones started dipping into the low 40k mark.

The only modern cars that will hold value (let alone increase) are 300k+ exotics made in limited numbers.
Old 03-18-2020, 11:06 AM   #6789
RobbyBeefcake87

Quote:
But but I thought all C8s were going to be low 11 second cars because that's what the magazines got! It's almost like there is a learning curve or something lol - for those that can't detect sarcasm or humor that was pure point of this.

There will be plenty of low 11 C8s, and probably high 10s. I still think that these DCT equipped cars are going to have a bit more of a learning curve to them then some people on the outside are anticipating.

Yep everyone wants to be first. I remember someone here saying they didn't expect people to treat the C8 like the morons with the GT500 did but everyone wants to be first to do this or that.
I never said all c8s would be low 11s cars. If anything my position has been that aside from its traction advantave once they're rolling they're not that that much faster than c7s.

I've had this exact argument with the ford trolls claiming all gt500s are 10.7 cars like stangmodes "stock" gt500 amd ignoring all the stock AND tuned gt500s that were runninh 11s at the strip.
Old 03-18-2020, 11:12 AM   #6790
RobbyBeefcake87

Quote:
LOL, I've been off the deep end for a while now.

Well they just royally screwed themselves over. I saw a glimpse of a report that GM and the other manufacturers will be shutting down plants in 2 weeks. Or something to that effect. Which means that there will be even less 2020 C8s than there were gonna be. After the strike happened a lot of the 2020s were gonna actually have to be 2021s. Now a further delay will mean even more will be 2021s. So actual 2020s will be very limited now and highly sought after in the future. And the 2021s will be the easiest to get since there will be more than what was originally planned. These guys with early versions that just went out beating the shit out of them are gonna have C8s that nobody will want since everyone will likely want a clean unmolested version that has been taken care of properly. Hopefully I will still get my 2020. If I do then it is gonna get babied and broken in properly and not driven much. We'll see how much value it has. If I get mine and if it is an official 2020 that is. Fingers crossed.

Here an gt with e85 and a tune is called Tampa stock lol