Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 6th gen Camaro vs...

Phastek Performance

Old 03-16-2020, 02:34 PM   #6763
oldman

Drives: SS 6 speed of course
I think 10s is going to happen by the color Fall weather, true stock with drag pack. Way before that "stock" 10s will happen with secret mods, I'll call it "apparently stock".
Forged short block, large duration sub .600 lift Cam Motion cam, 7200 RPM fuel cut, Pray Ported Heads, 3.85 pulley D1X, stage II intercooler, DSX secondary low side, DSX E85 sensor, Lingenfelter big bore 2.0 pump, ported front cats, 60608 Borla, LT4 injectors, ZL1 1LE driveshaft and Katech ported TB, ported MSD intake, BTR valvetrain, ARP studs, ProFlow valves, PS4 tires.
oldman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2020, 02:48 PM   #6764
NW-99SS

Drives: 1999 Camaro SS M6 - SBE LS1
Carlyle Motorsports went 11.05 @126mph on a tire only. 10.65 on a 50 shot of Nitrous and a tire. No tune.
2017 Yukon Denali 6.2
NW-99SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2020, 03:24 PM   #6765
BlaqWhole
Account Suspended

Drives: 2017 Camaro ZL1 A10
Quote:
Originally Posted by shaffe View Post
But but I thought all C8s were going to be low 11 second cars because that's what the magazines got! It's almost like there is a learning curve or something lol - for those that can't detect sarcasm or humor that was pure point of this.

There will be plenty of low 11 C8s, and probably high 10s. I still think that these DCT equipped cars are going to have a bit more of a learning curve to them then some people on the outside are anticipating.

Yep everyone wants to be first. I remember someone here saying they didn't expect people to treat the C8 like the morons with the GT500 did but everyone wants to be first to do this or that.
I get it that you're joking. But in case anyone even remotely thinks you're serious...

Nobody said they ALL would be low 11s. Obviously a terrible driver probably won't even be able to break into the 11s at all. What I said was that when tested in the quarter mile the C8 would beat the GT500. Now I do remember some saying that there was no way the C8 would beat the GT500 in a straight line and that only a fool would think that etc. Turns out I was right. I also said I had faith that the standard ZL1 and the ZLE would beat the Base GT500 and the CF GT500 around a track. Turns out I was right about that also. And I said I thought the ZL1 would beat the GT500 in the quarter mile. It was a driver's race. And untimed the ZL1 did beat the GT500 based on covering 1/4 mile distance.

As far as videos, these guys all think they'll get famous from some worthless claim of being the first to do this or that. I would be willing that some of these morons would actually unplug something just to get a CEL just so they can say "welp, I just got this car and I am the first to get a CEL"...because that is what people seeking fame do. They pander and stage situations and cater to idiocy. These are not the people I was talking about when I mentioned that the C8s wouldn't be treated like shit. I was talking about the norm for these cars and drivers. "Stangmode" and all these other clowns are NOT the norm nor should they be considered as such. They put on a show for subscribers. Anything seen on their channels should not be considered realistic. Anyone dumping nitrous into these cars untuned and still in break in mode and trying to claim the first 10 or 9 is nobody I would consider as a regular driver. They're seeking notoriety and that is all it is.

Last edited by BlaqWhole; 03-16-2020 at 04:11 PM.
BlaqWhole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2020, 04:06 PM   #6766
NW-99SS

Drives: 1999 Camaro SS M6 - SBE LS1
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlaqWhole View Post
I get it that you're joking. But in case anyone even remotely thinks you're serious...

Nobody said they ALL would be low 11s. Obviously a terrible driver probably won't even be able to break into the 11s at all. What I said was that when tested in the quarter mile the C8 would beat the GT500. Now I do remember some saying that there was no way the C8 would beat the GT500 in a straight line and that only a fool would think that etc. Turns out I was right. I also said I had faith that the standard ZL1 and the ZLE would beat the Base GT500 and the CF GT500 around a track. Turns out I was right about that also. And I said I thought the ZL1 would beat the GT500 in the quarter mile. It was a driver's race. And untimed the ZL1 did beat the GT500 based on covering 1/4 mile distance.

As far as videos, these guys all think they'll get famous from some worthless
claim of being the first to do this or that. I would be willing that some of these morons would actually unplug something just to get a CEL just so they can say "welp, I just got this car and I am the first to get a CEL"...because that is what people seeking fame do. They pander and stage situations and cater to idiocy. These are not the people I was talking about when I mentioned that the C8s wouldn't be treated like shit. I was talking about the norm for these cars and drivers. "Stangmode" and all these other clowns are NOT the norm nor should they be considered as such. They put on a show for subscribers. Anything seen on their channels should not be considered realistic. Anyone dumping nitrous into these cars untuned and still in break in mode and trying to claim the first 10 or 9 is nobody I would consider as a regular driver. They're seeking notoriety and that is all it is.
I don't totally disagree but Carlyle didn't break their car, and they certainly have a bunch of reputable passes in various other Corvette gens. Nice to see them run the 11.05 with a tire. I'm willing to bet the tire didn't help much with the low mileage on their C8.
2017 Yukon Denali 6.2
NW-99SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2020, 04:47 PM   #6767
Laststandard

Drives: 2018 1SS 1LE
Quote:
And I said I thought the ZL1 would beat the GT500 in the quarter mile. It was a driver's race. And untimed the ZL1 did beat the GT500 based on covering 1/4 mile distance.
First off, don't break your arm patting yourself on the back there.

Where are all these ZL1's running high 10s in the 1/4?
Old 03-16-2020, 06:01 PM   #6768
TreedYou

Drives: 2011 Camaro SS, 2013 Mustang GT
Quote:
And untimed the ZL1 did beat the GT500 based on covering 1/4 mile distance

Love this sentence
How about a timed one, boss?
TreedYou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2020, 06:24 PM   #6769
BlaqWhole
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laststandard View Post
First off, don't break your arm patting yourself on the back there.

Where are all these ZL1's running high 10s in the 1/4?
Yes. I will pat myself on the back. Because I was correct. About everything. If you care to go back and show me where I was wrong then go right ahead. Consider that a challenge.

For the record, the discussions back then were all based on how these cars would perform when tested. Not on some yahoo with a YT channel who claims he ran this or that. What was the fastest the GT500 ran during testing? 11.3? LOL!! Funny. What was the fastest the ZL1 ran in testing? 11.4-11.5? So a 2 tenths difference. Driver's race. And what happened when they ran both cars in the quarter mile to see which could cover the distance quicker? Which car was quicker? Right. The ZL1. And didn't the ZL1 beat the GT500 in the timed quarter mile during the TH test? I don't remember. Regardless I remember some people here claimed it was gonna be a slaughter and that the GT500 was a definite win and that anyone who thought otherwise was silly. So yea bud, pat on my back thanks.

And then the C8 ran 11.1 to top it all off. And there have been some Zs running 10.9. Go look at the fast lists. It's there.
Old 03-16-2020, 06:51 PM   #6770
TreedYou

Drives: 2011 Camaro SS, 2013 Mustang GT
Quote:
Yes. I will pat myself on the back. Because I was correct. About everything. If you care to go back and show me where I was wrong then go right ahead. Consider that a challenge.

For the record, the discussions back then were all based on how these cars would perform when tested. Not on some yahoo with a YT channel who claims he ran this or that. What was the fastest the GT500 ran during testing? 11.3? LOL!! Funny. What was the fastest the ZL1 ran in testing? 11.4-11.5? So a 2 tenths difference. Driver's race. And what happened when they ran both cars in the quarter mile to see which could cover the distance quicker? Which car was quicker? Right. The ZL1. And didn't the ZL1 beat the GT500 in the timed quarter mile during the TH test? I don't remember. Regardless I remember some people here claimed it was gonna be a slaughter and that the GT500 was a definite win and that anyone who thought otherwise was silly. So yea bud, pat on my back thanks.

And then the C8 ran 11.1 to top it all off. And there have been some Zs running 10.9. Go look at the fast lists. It's there.

You will never allow yourself to be wrong, you'll even change the definition of things to not be wrong so you're right YOU will never be wrong...
To yourself.
When "some random guy" runs a number on the GT500 you start in about how it's not stock and all the voodoo people are doing to hide stuff.
You can't be wrong if you don't accept things you don't like you have that down to a science.

There are a total of two ZL1's that run 10.94 and 10.99 on the fast list.
TreedYou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2020, 07:14 PM   #6771
hotlap

Drives: 20 1LE 2SS M6 Rally Green
Quote:
Originally Posted by NW-99SS View Post
The "learning curve" is this:

Complete the entire break-in procedure or torque will continue to be limited in 1st and 2nd gear until you do - that means you shouldn't be racing until the RPM redline updates on the gauges.

Read the owner's manual. "Learn" to enable launch control in Race/Track mode and use it - leave it in D.

These early passes are clearly with owners too excited to just make a pass, then actually figure out how to enable the car's features that allow it to run it's optimal time.

I call it "learning" because it isn't learning throttle inputs, RPM at launch, or any actual driver skill. It's learning the cars built in features that allows you to enable launch control, keep the accelerator at WOT, and allow the computer to run the best time possible that you can't replicate with TC off, and shifting with the paddles.

Quote:
C8 Chevy Corvette torque limit during break-in explained by Tadge Juechter

Torque reduced up to 30 percent in 1st and 2nd gear for 500 miles

https://www.autoblog.com/2020/01/11/...-in-500-miles/

The chief engineer for the C8 Chevrolet Corvette, Tadge Juechter, made an appearance on Jay Leno's Garage last November with a 2020 Corvette convertible. During the drive portion, after Leno gave the 'Vette the whip, Juechter mentioned that the C8 Corvette is "torque managed," meaning that the software limits torque output until the driveline has done 500 break-in miles. Juechter didn't go into more detail, and Leno seemed to think the torque management was a pre-production issue. Corvette Blogger picked up on a thread at Corvette Forum where a member submitted a question to the forum's "Ask Tadge" series. Forum user JVP wanted to know from Juechter, "Can you elaborate on the purpose for that [torque management], and explain to folks what happens at 500 miles? Does the engine's full output happen automatically due to programming or is it something that will require a maintenance visit?"

The engineer replied in detail, first explaining that GM has recommended a 500-mile break-in period "for as long as I can remember," then revealing that he would go even further and "try to be patient for 1,000 miles." On the C7 Corvette, to give owners a guide to driving responsibly while the driveline components bedded in, Juechter said engineers programmed "a variable red line on the tach to give drivers a visual indication on when it would be advisable to take it easy on the car. We used it for the first 500 miles of driving and when the engine was coming up to operating temperature after break in was complete." Drivers had the car's full power available at all times, though, and used it in spite of the visual warning. He said that led to "customers not observing the break in guidelines and then returning the car to the dealer with complaints of gear noise or differential whine."

The switch to a mid-engined layout and more horsepower in the C8 Corvette means the driveline and gearing cope with more force, weight, and traction. Juechter's team decided to go further in encouraging new owners to give the car's components a chance to seat properly. In first and second gears, software reduces torque by about 25 to 30 percent for the first 500 miles. That means that, at most, torque drops to 329 pound-feet compared to the normal 470 lb-ft – still enough, Juechter says, to "easily spin tires on some surfaces." Doing so "limits the [worst] of potential break in wear," yet even so, "We will still be asking customers to stay well off max torque and speed for the first 500 miles."

The honcho didn't answer the question of whether full torque is released after the car reaches 500 miles or a maintenance visit will be required, but our guess is that the electronics will know what to do. And as forum member Ragtop 99 pointed out further down the thread, the C7 owner's manual also recommended driving at varying speeds, a personal recommendation being, "If you have to be on the highway for a long stretch, use the paddle shifters to alternate between 5, 6, 7, and 8th gears so that you don’t stay in 8th for long periods of time" during break-in.

"the trouble with our liberal friends is not that they're ignorant; it's just that they know so much that isn't so.”
Ronald Reagan -
hotlap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2020, 10:56 PM   #6772
BlaqWhole
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by hotlap View Post
Good info. Thanks for posting.
Old 03-17-2020, 05:52 AM   #6773
GuywithL86

Drives: Black
Quote:

You’ve gone too deep
GuywithL86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2020, 08:03 AM   #6774
shaffe

Drives: 21 Bronco
Quote:

As far as videos, these guys all think they'll get famous from some worthless claim of being the first to do this or that. I would be willing that some of these morons would actually unplug something just to get a CEL just so they can say "welp, I just got this car and I am the first to get a CEL"...because that is what people seeking fame do. They pander and stage situations and cater to idiocy. These are not the people I was talking about when I mentioned that the C8s wouldn't be treated like shit. I was talking about the norm for these cars and drivers. "Stangmode" and all these other clowns are NOT the norm nor should they be considered as such. They put on a show for subscribers. Anything seen on their channels should not be considered realistic. Anyone dumping nitrous into these cars untuned and still in break in mode and trying to claim the first 10 or 9 is nobody I would consider as a regular driver. They're seeking notoriety and that is all it is.
Yep you nailed it. Those guys are doing it for the views and the clicks that's why they try to be the first for whatever
it has more power...its available power is like a set kof double Ds (no matter where your face is... theyre everywhere) it has the suspension to mame it matter...(
shaffe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2020, 08:23 AM   #6775
Baldilocks01SS

Drives: SEARCHING
Quote:
Originally Posted by shaffe View Post
Yep you nailed it. Those guys are doing it for the views and the clicks that's why they try to be the first for whatever
Exactly. I'd rather rely on Rick Conti for Corvette content. He's a little out there, but he doesn't do childish car stunts.
Baldilocks01SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2020, 09:13 AM   #6776
Gunkk
Thank you Al Oppenheiser!

Drives: Red Hot A10 ZL1 Convertible
Yeah but childish car stunts make for fantastic

WTF else am I gonna watch while stuck at home.

Oh wait...
Gunkk is offline   Reply With Quote