Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Cosmetics and Lighting Modification Discussions

Old 07-18-2011, 07:52 PM   #1
topgun1

Drives: 10 SIM 2SS/RS LS3
Talking AAC Concept Sidemarkers Installed

I know there's some other posts on this, but had to show mine off as well I purchased the AAC concept sidemarker kit in clear color for $199 plus tax and shipping, and had a friend of mine smoke them and paint outside the LED's with the SIM paint (for $85). Just installed them this evening and attached are some photos with the lights on and off. Absolutely love 'em! Go real well with the 22" scanner up front now. Piece of cake to switch out, 10 minutes.
Attached Images

VMS Stage 2.5 Comp Cams kit, Cold Air Inductions intake, ADM race scoop, DT 1 3/4" headers, Solo cats, 3" Magnaflow catback, Pypes cutouts, HP tune, H&R SuperSport springs, Eibach sways/spacers, TexasSpeed UD pulley, LSR tensioner pulley, Barton shifter, skip shift eliminator, powder-coated calipers, R1 concept rotors, StopTech pads, Granatelli wires, Lloyds mats, tint, AAC afterburner taillamps, AAC scanner/sidemarkers, SRP pedals, custom engine cover, black bowties, Ridergraphix hood spears....
topgun1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2011, 08:29 PM   #2
brengeek
Not a dude.

Drives: 2012 45th 2ss/rs
Just ordered ours today..can't wait to get them!!
Old 07-18-2011, 10:19 PM   #3
GB EB

Drives: 2014 Stingray 2LT/Z51
looks great... hope yours last longer than mine (2 months... LEDs burning out)

pic 1- leds

pic 2 - plasmas from same company going out after a few weeks.

I'll be boxing them both up this weekend for return.

but... to end on a positive... the look great while they last!
Attached Images

*TROPHY RECIPIENT - GREATEST SHOW ON TURF 9/11/11*
*1ST PLACE MODERN MUSCLE - CORONADO SPEED FESTIVAL 9/23/11*
*AWARD OF EXCELLENCE - GOOD GUYS DEL MAR FALL NATIONALS 11/27/11*
*1ST PLACE / '82&UP CAMARO/FIREBIRD- FORT WALTON BEACH FF SHOW 2/16/13*
BUILD THREAD: http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=120353
GB EB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2011, 10:30 PM   #4
RocTrux

Drives: Summit White 2011 2SS/RS
They look good and it could just be the way the camera captures the light but it looks to me like you'v got some bleed through. The problem with those lights is that they are so bright that most paint guys don't use a Block Out Primer first thinking the paint will be enough and you get what you have the light bleeding through the paint and around the edges. AAC doesn't even do that and they charge a left nut for there painted ones. So when you look at them at night and can see light coming through the paint or from anywhere except the little slit if I were you I'd take them back to your paint guy and have them done right trust me you will be glad you did they will look 10 times better at night with the only light showing is just where its meant to be just the LED slit for the true custom look like the concept car. I have them on my car as well, minus the bleeding.
Old 07-19-2011, 05:50 AM   #5
topgun1

yes, it's the way the photo captured the light. Wish I could get a better pic. It's a solid straight bar of LED's with no other light emitting. The lights were smoke tinted with clear coat and black paint prior to painting the body color. so should be good to go. let's hope they last longer than 2 months!! The white on yours loks great.
VMS Stage 2.5 Comp Cams kit, Cold Air Inductions intake, ADM race scoop, DT 1 3/4" headers, Solo cats, 3" Magnaflow catback, Pypes cutouts, HP tune, H&R SuperSport springs, Eibach sways/spacers, TexasSpeed UD pulley, LSR tensioner pulley, Barton shifter, skip shift eliminator, powder-coated calipers, R1 concept rotors, StopTech pads, Granatelli wires, Lloyds mats, tint, AAC afterburner taillamps, AAC scanner/sidemarkers, SRP pedals, custom engine cover, black bowties, Ridergraphix hood spears....
Old 07-19-2011, 07:01 AM   #6
topgun1

you know what? on second look, there is some bleeding, but only around the edges and not through the paint. The reason being the edges were not tinted, they were only painted the body color unlike the lense surface which was tinted prior to paint. I'm going to paint the edges of each lense black and see if that does the trick. Yes, would look better for sure if just a solid strip of LED's. thanks for the info!
Old 07-19-2011, 07:56 AM   #7
bo3adlah

Drives: Camaro SS
well the color matching sucks.. other than that cool!
mods : bb stripes , showstopper side markers , grill blackout , trunk blackout , interior AAC blue bulb , removed grill ss emblem , the bee-otch and disco ball ,concept diffuser , concept side mirrors.

soon to come: taillights , maybe wheels , interior roof alcantra material .
bo3adlah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2011, 09:52 AM   #8
topgun1

it's weird how the paint looks darker in photos (with the lights off), but in person it's dead on.
Old 07-19-2011, 10:20 AM   #9
jjjaroscak

Drives: Cyber Gray 2011 2LT Camaro
did you install dual intensity circuits so they blink with your blinkers?
jjjaroscak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2011, 11:38 AM   #10
topgun1

nope, but that's a cool idea. but what i'd like to do in the future is do the LED side mirrors.
Old 07-19-2011, 11:44 AM   #11
GTAHVIT
Blessed

Drives: 2013 Sonic RS MT
Quote:
Originally Posted by jjjaroscak View Post
did you install dual intensity circuits so they blink with your blinkers?
Is this available on their site? Must find more information on this

Thanks,
GTAHVIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2011, 12:42 PM   #12
jjjaroscak

Drives: Cyber Gray 2011 2LT Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTAHVIT View Post
Is this available on their site? Must find more information on this

Thanks,
The dual intensity circuits are sold seperately here: http://www.automotivelightstore.com/...ycircuits.aspx

and there are some DIYs on here, here's one: http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=132698
jjjaroscak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2011, 12:43 PM   #13
6liter

Drives: BLK
Got mine few weeks ago, love them!

'10 Camaro 2SS/RS 6spd - Mods: Kenne Bell 2.8, Kooks, Wortec Bi-Modal Exhaust & Big Brake Kit (12piston front), MTI Shifter, BC Racing Coilovers, CCW Thunderbolt, Hotchkis Sway Bars, Carbon Fiber and satin wrap. Thanks to Hartely Automotive for helping with this build.
6liter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2011, 03:23 PM   #14
topgun1

very nice!