Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Tuning / Diagnostics -- engine and transmission

Old 05-07-2011, 06:06 PM   #1
topgun1

Drives: 10 SIM 2SS/RS LS3
Dynojet results - 453.9 RWHP 427.5 RWTQ

After I later discovered a 3" long cut in my pcv hose, I figured out why the car was running so lean (at 14.6 a/f) last weekend at our club's dyno day and producing only 443.5 RWHP and 421.8 RWTQ with exhaust cutouts opened. Even though we were adding 8% additional fuel, the a/f ratio didn't move much since unmetered ambient air was coming into the intake.

So today, I get it back to the tuner and we started the day off this morning with a base run of 437.2 RWHP and 411.7 RWTQ (blue line on graph), which was low again, but now with the pcv hose replaced, the a/f ratio was too rich at about 12.2 (from the 8% extra fuel!). We then went to a fresh program template and made some tuning runs, adjusting the a/f ratio where it was previously to around 13.2 ratio and the car liked it. We also took out 2 degrees of timing. We tried 3, but lost hp and tq so we stuck with 2. We ended up at 453.9 RWHP and 427.5 RWTQ (red line on graph), gains of 16.7 RWHP and 15.8 RWTQ! We had a peak RWHP gain of 19.3 and a peak torque gain of 19. The car was still making additional power after 6K rpm but was too close to the rev limiter. Weather was about 80F in the shop, low humidity, clear day.

I then opened the exhaust cutouts and didn't gain any hp and ended up down a few at 450.2, but gained a bit of torque at 428.9 (green line). Since I don't have the cutouts just aft of the cats, wouldn't expect much anyway where they are just before the mufflers due to clearance issues in other locations. Really there for a bit of noise!

So with about a 16-17 gain in both hp and tq with some minor tuning, was pretty pleased.

Dyno sheet is below.

Dyno tuning program was HP and done by Precision Dyno in Belmont, NC.
Attached Images

VMS Stage 2.5 Comp Cams kit, Cold Air Inductions intake, ADM race scoop, DT 1 3/4" headers, Solo cats, 3" Magnaflow catback, Pypes cutouts, HP tune, H&R SuperSport springs, Eibach sways/spacers, TexasSpeed UD pulley, LSR tensioner pulley, Barton shifter, skip shift eliminator, powder-coated calipers, R1 concept rotors, StopTech pads, Granatelli wires, Lloyds mats, tint, AAC afterburner taillamps, AAC scanner/sidemarkers, SRP pedals, custom engine cover, black bowties, Ridergraphix hood spears....

Last edited by topgun1; 05-07-2011 at 06:19 PM.
topgun1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2011, 09:35 AM   #2
ssmike
BL1ZZRD

Drives: '16 Camaro 2SS, '20 Equinox Redline
Where was the PCV hose cut? Do you have any pics? I had a JRE tune done but Ted had to add 5% fuel. He asked me if I had a vacuum leak but I couldn't find anything. I'd like to pull the PCV hose that you spoke of, where is it located? Thanks!

Congrats on nice dyno numbers!
ssmike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2011, 08:16 PM   #3
topgun1

hey mike, no pics but it was on the underside of the tube on the white plastic barb fitting that connects into my K&N intake. The tube was on loosely and about a 3" long split was on the underside. Your CAI may be a little different but you should have a tube for pcv connected from your intake tube going underneath the engine cover. good luck. let me know!
VMS Stage 2.5 Comp Cams kit, Cold Air Inductions intake, ADM race scoop, DT 1 3/4" headers, Solo cats, 3" Magnaflow catback, Pypes cutouts, HP tune, H&R SuperSport springs, Eibach sways/spacers, TexasSpeed UD pulley, LSR tensioner pulley, Barton shifter, skip shift eliminator, powder-coated calipers, R1 concept rotors, StopTech pads, Granatelli wires, Lloyds mats, tint, AAC afterburner taillamps, AAC scanner/sidemarkers, SRP pedals, custom engine cover, black bowties, Ridergraphix hood spears....
Old 05-09-2011, 08:33 PM   #4
ssmike
BL1ZZRD

Drives: '16 Camaro 2SS, '20 Equinox Redline
Thanks! Yea that's the one I thought it was! Mines fine! Still don't know why Ted had to add 5% fuel. I'll call him to discuss it!
ssmike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2011, 08:13 PM   #5
topgun1

be interested to see what he says
Old 05-13-2011, 10:35 AM   #6
gearhead440

Drives: Yellow 2SS, 6 speed manual
Good numbers! Always good to increase in power with minor tweeks.

Hers & His
gearhead440 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2011, 06:56 PM   #7
Rallyman6

Drives: '10 2SS/RS IOM, Wht Stripes, Roof
Surprised Ted hasn't replied to this thread

2SS/RS IOM, Wht Stripes, 6MT, IO Interior, Roof, Eibach Sways, BC Coilovers, BMR Swing arms,Barton Short Shift, BBK LT's, GMPP exhaust, Hi-Flow Cats, MAST Stage 2 Cam, CAI = 470RWHP
Rallyman6 is offline   Reply With Quote