Homepage Garage Wiki Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > V6 LGX Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

AWE Tuning

Old 02-22-2020, 07:29 PM   #15
ekone

Drives: 2020 Camaro 1lt
Ordered and excited about my first mod!
ekone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2020, 10:01 PM   #16
dgriff14
waddupdgriff

Drives: Supercharged 2016 2LT RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by BOYD3800SII View Post
Wow it works as advertised! I got it and installed it. Took a test drive and I feel immediate throttle response in first gear. IT PULLS HARD in the upper RPM range and I got up to 60MPH really quick! Thanks a ton Mike!
Ooh great to hear! What other performance mods do you have done?
• Edelbrock E-Force Stage 1 Supercharger • Custom tune by Overkill Motorsports • AFE Momentum GT Pro Dry Cold Air Intake • MBRP SS Cat Back Exhaust • iROC-z Wheels • Nitto NT555 G2 Tires (275 fronts, 305 rears)
dgriff14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2020, 10:02 PM   #17
dgriff14
waddupdgriff

Quote:
Originally Posted by ekone View Post
Congrats!
• Edelbrock E-Force Stage 1 Supercharger • Custom tune by Overkill Motorsports • AFE Momentum GT Pro Dry Cold Air Intake • MBRP SS Cat Back Exhaust • iROC-z Wheels • Nitto NT555 G2 Tires (275 fronts, 305 rears)
Old 02-23-2020, 10:31 AM   #18
BOYD3800SII

Drives: 2017 RS CAMARO V6
Quote:
Originally Posted by dgriff14 View Post
Ooh great to hear! What other performance mods do you have done?
Airaid jr intake, filter, throttlebody spacer, aeroturbine dual mufflers and resonators. Removed exhaust butterfly valves, 4 gauge engine ground kit. I have a 3.27 rear end on the shelf and I can really use a tune sometime to complement the mods but I am waiting till factory warranty runs out to install that and turbo system.
BOYD3800SII is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2020, 04:14 PM   #19
dgriff14
waddupdgriff

Quote:
Airaid jr intake, filter, throttlebody spacer, aeroturbine dual mufflers and resonators. Removed exhaust butterfly valves, 4 gauge engine ground kit. I have a 3.27 rear end on the shelf and I can really use a tune sometime to complement the mods but I am waiting till factory warranty runs out to install that and turbo system.
How much longer you got for the warranty? And which vehicle did the 3.27 come from? And you’re talking about a custom turbo setup I can only assume but sounds super dope!
Old 02-23-2020, 05:10 PM   #20
BOYD3800SII

Quote:
How much longer you got for the warranty? And which vehicle did the 3.27 come from? And you’re talking about a custom turbo setup I can only assume but sounds super dope!
Well this will be the last year of the 3 yrs 36k, but it wont end till October. The 3.27 rear came from a salvaged 4 cylinder turbo camaro with automatic tranny. ( I wish they made all the differentials with LSD). I collected all the parts for a front mount twin scroll turbo setup and I can do some of the welding. The car feels fast enough now without FI but nobody is doing any turbos on the LGX so I figured why not? I am shooting for $3K total. Tuning will be the most difficult and expensive part.
Old 02-23-2020, 07:07 PM   #21
dgriff14
waddupdgriff

Quote:
Well this will be the last year of the 3 yrs 36k, but it wont end till October. The 3.27 rear came from a salvaged 4 cylinder turbo camaro with automatic tranny. ( I wish they made all the differentials with LSD). I collected all the parts for a front mount twin scroll turbo setup and I can do some of the welding. The car feels fast enough now without FI but nobody is doing any turbos on the LGX so I figured why not? I am shooting for $3K total. Tuning will be the most difficult and expensive part.
Man I want your 3.27 setup 😂😂 but that’s sounds serious, definitely different too so I commend your bravery lol. But I’m sure you’ve heard it a ton but everyone recommends Will from Overkill Motorsports for tuning these engines. Dude is a magician and helped me out when Edelbrock couldn’t tune their own supercharger smh
Old 02-23-2020, 08:32 PM   #22
BOYD3800SII

Quote:
Man I want your 3.27 setup 😂😂 but that’s sounds serious, definitely different too so I commend your bravery lol. But I’m sure you’ve heard it a ton but everyone recommends Will from Overkill Motorsports for tuning these engines. Dude is a magician and helped me out when Edelbrock couldn’t tune their own supercharger smh
You can find those rear ends easily from salvage yards. If you have an auto then it should be a direct bolt on. I'm still trying to figure out the best solution because i already have the HPT module but its gonna cost alot with just credits and having to send the tranny module off is an additional $200 plus credits which kinda sucks.
Old 02-24-2020, 07:20 AM   #23
dgriff14
waddupdgriff

Quote:
You can find those rear ends easily from salvage yards. If you have an auto then it should be a direct bolt on. I'm still trying to figure out the best solution because i already have the HPT module but its gonna cost alot with just credits and having to send the tranny module off is an additional $200 plus credits which kinda sucks.
I’m gonna start looking around then! And I have a 2016 so I always forget about the extra money people have to pay for the TCM. Wild bro, and it definitely sucks
Old 02-24-2020, 02:49 PM   #24
Mike@SolerPerformanceLLC

Drives: 2015 Corvette Stingray
Quote:
Wow it works as advertised! I got it and installed it. Took a test drive and I feel immediate throttle response in first gear. IT PULLS HARD in the upper RPM range and I got up to 60MPH really quick! Thanks a ton Mike!
Great, exactly the point. Glad you like it. Thank you very much!
Mike@SolerPerformanceLLC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2020, 02:51 PM   #25
Mike@SolerPerformanceLLC

Quote:
Originally Posted by ekone View Post
Thanks, ekone!
Old 02-26-2020, 05:41 PM   #26
SoarinSnek

Drives: 2020 Camaro
I have a pedal commander plugged into my pedal. Will this be safe and work together for my car?
SoarinSnek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2020, 07:06 PM   #27
Mike@SolerPerformanceLLC

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoarinSnek View Post
I have a pedal commander plugged into my pedal. Will this be safe and work together for my car?
Hi, SoarinSnek. Yes, they will work together.

About safety, we can only vouch for our TB, and our TB+TC. But, we can tell you that we have many customers using our TB's combined with other TC brands (including yours), no issues reported. I'd also say that the logic within TC's is very similar and that safety will depend more on your judgment and abilities.

Like anything else, have fun but use it wisely.

Thanks,
Old 03-05-2020, 11:10 AM   #28
RxSummit16

Drives: 2016 Summit White Camaro LT2 RS
Just got mine in the mail...gonna install this weekend. How did every ones install and relearn go? Any tips or comments on the process?