Homepage Garage Wiki Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 6th gen Camaro vs...

Phastek Performance

Old 06-03-2019, 12:39 PM   #1
Fraxum

Drives: a M6 LT1 ordered From Becky!!!
Send a message via AIM to Fraxum
LT1-V8 versus the SS and Mustang GT, can the LT1 save the Camaro?

More details here:

https://www.camaro6.com/forums/showthread.php?t=555519

I hereby proclaim the $34,995 2020 LT1 Camaro will be the fastest V8 NA Camaro ever built. Except for maybe a '69 ZL1 on slicks.

And it also good match for the base Rustang GT at $35,355.
And it will be the preferred base car for all out SS builds. Will 15" wheels fit over the smaller rear brakes?

I think the LT1 model will be a big seller. And is a luxury barge/track car compared to any '69 Camaro. Yet we complain about base/optional equipment. Are we spoiled, soft old motorheads?

Will the LT1 model take back the V8 NA crown?

The only downside I see is the LT1/LT1 confusion unless of course the 2020 gets a better motor not available in the luxury SSes.

Last edited by Fraxum; 12-28-2019 at 12:25 PM.
Fraxum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2019, 05:48 PM   #2
USAFS197

Drives: 2018 Audi TT RS
I think for those who are interested in drag racing, this could be a cheaper and easier means of getting into the 6th gen platform. From a turning perspective, it would still require substantial replacement of parts to be a performer--also, magnetic ride is not available on this version of the car. Although to be honest, if I was soley interested in drag racing, I don't think I'd get a 6th gen.
About as fast as the TT RS
2019 Camaro ZL1 1LE
Sold
2018 Camaro SS 1LE
Sold
2019 Corvette Z06
Sold
2021 Charger Hellcat Redeye Widebody
Sold
USAFS197 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2019, 07:33 PM   #3
erti

Drives: Camaro 2SS
Eh for a person like me i wouldnt even consider a car like the 2020 LT1. When i purchased my car i really wanted the luxuries of the 2SS. leather seats, seated and cooled seats, ect

Having the power is ofcourse a lot of fun but you dont get to enjoy the power everyday while you get to enjoy the nice luxuries every day.

and if you just want the power for cheaper there is better options in other brands.

Do you take car parts as payment?
erti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2019, 08:10 AM   #4
ST1LE

Drives: E92 BMW M3
Quote:
Originally Posted by erti View Post
Eh for a person like me i wouldnt even consider a car like the 2020 LT1. When i purchased my car i really wanted the luxuries of the 2SS. leather seats, seated and cooled seats, ect

Having the power is ofcourse a lot of fun but you dont get to enjoy the power everyday while you get to enjoy the nice luxuries every day.

and if you just want the power for cheaper there is better options in other brands.
Like what?
Old 06-04-2019, 09:03 AM   #5
Chadicus

Drives: 2017 2SS M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by ST1LE View Post
Like what?
I'm assuming they are referring to the base model GT which I dont think is a better car at all.
Chadicus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2019, 01:24 PM   #6
DevilsReject97
Nightmare

Drives: Your mom crazy in bed
Honestly, I would never buy this car.... and while I get the argument for it being cheaper, don't value the cheap aspect of it enough to sacrifice the coolers, larger brakes, etc..

That said, if you're going to throw on drag racing equipment anyways...it does make sense for people like that..

It also makes sense for people who just want a V8 but wanted more of a V6 cruiser...which this would absolutely be...
Old 06-04-2019, 02:00 PM   #7
jingaling

Drives: 2016 Camaro 1LT V6 MT
My v6 1LT was a lemon and I haven't found anything else that I like. I'll be looking to pick one of these up when they drop because it's a slight step up from what I had. I don't go to the track or push the car hard, so it should be more than enough for street duty for me.
jingaling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2019, 02:30 PM   #8
SpeedIsLife

Drives: Current Camaro-less
Quote:
Originally Posted by DevilsReject97 View Post
Honestly, I would never buy this car.... and while I get the argument for it being cheaper, don't value the cheap aspect of it enough to sacrifice the coolers, larger brakes, etc..

That said, if you're going to throw on drag racing equipment anyways...it does make sense for people like that..

It also makes sense for people who just want a V8 but wanted more of a V6 cruiser...which this would absolutely be...
Well it also makes sense for people who want to build their own ride, but over time, so instead of spending more on equipment up front that you'll remove anyway, it's easier to just get lower level equipment at an equally lower price.
SpeedIsLife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2019, 03:30 PM   #9
ST1LE

Quote:
Originally Posted by jingaling View Post
My v6 1LT was a lemon and I haven't found anything else that I like. I'll be looking to pick one of these up when they drop because it's a slight step up from what I had. I don't go to the track or push the car hard, so it should be more than enough for street duty for me.
Yup, perfect car for so many people. GM is very smart to offer this, but kinda late to the party. At least it is the cheapest, fastest of the bottom level V8's offered by the 3.
Old 06-04-2019, 10:09 PM   #10
BlaqWhole
Account Suspended

Drives: 2017 Camaro ZL1 A10
I think it will appeal to those who have no plan to race the car and don't want any of the frills. If you just want a V8 and plan to drive it to work and to go out places at night then you don't need all the extra stuff. Especially if you can't afford the 1SS or 2SS and might have been stuck with a V6 otherwise.

Or, think about it. If you plan to make a drag car and are basically gonna end up swapping everything out, then this is the car to buy.
BlaqWhole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2019, 10:08 AM   #11
SpeedIsLife

Drives: Current Camaro-less
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlaqWhole View Post
Or, think about it. If you plan to make a drag car and are basically gonna end up swapping everything out, then this is the car to buy.
That's more or less what I was thinking too.

If you're going to be swapping out brakes, suspension components, etc and you don't need all the more road course appropriate coolers and such..why buy them to not need them?
SpeedIsLife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2019, 11:55 AM   #12
Fraxum

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevilsReject97 View Post

More than a cruiser. With front Brembos and the SS suspension the LT1 is most likely a world class handler as the SS is. The SS is as fast on a track as the Gen5 SS1LE and maybe faster. Unless you track you wont miss the rear Brembos the fronts do most of the work. Same with the coolers. Really the standard SS is very track ready. You need a PP option on the GT to even compare.

The New LT1 will be a great cruiser and much more.
Old 06-05-2019, 11:57 AM   #13
Fraxum

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpeedIsLife View Post
That's more or less what I was thinking too.

If you're going to be swapping out brakes, suspension components, etc and you don't need all the more road course appropriate coolers and such..why buy them to not need them?
And if you don't track you don't need any of that either.
Old 06-05-2019, 03:33 PM   #14
ST1LE

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fraxum View Post
More than a cruiser. With front Brembos and the SS suspension the LT1 is most likely a world class handler as the SS is. The SS is as fast on a track as the Gen5 SS1LE and maybe faster. Unless you track you wont miss the rear Brembos the fronts do most of the work. Same with the coolers. Really the standard SS is very track ready. You need a PP option on the GT to even compare.

The New LT1 will be a great cruiser and much more.
I do not think the LT1 gets the SS suspension.