Homepage Garage Wiki Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

AWE Tuning

Old 04-21-2018, 09:05 PM   #15
JCunningham

Drives: 2017 2SS M6
i dont even pay attention to them
real ZL1 wheels and brakes, 285/305 Michelin Pilot Super Sports, Pray ported Intake manifold, Soler Throttle Body, Rotofab intake, EFI Tuning Flex fuel kit, full American Racing Headers Exhaust, 1 7/8" w/ cats H pipe and mufflers. Full 1LE suspension, with BMR adjustable sway bars and links, GM aluminum cradle bushings, Hurst shifter with lighter reverse spring, TWM shifter knob, Tick level 1 transmission. I should have bought a ZL1
JCunningham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2018, 07:35 AM   #16
mdhopt36

Drives: '17- 1ag37 V6 traded, for 1SS 2018!
My brother runs a treefarm. I used to go down and help out before Xmas time. We both developed an opinion where we hated to see anyone with a VOLVO pull in for a tree---
They were hands down, most likely complete idiots, plain and simple. Even to park so as to be considerate of others.
The cars on the road who I will ever mess with, are ones that will get ahead of you, and do 35 in a 50; and when you get an opportunity, they speed up. Others are ones who will stop and PARK in a merge lane; actually quite dangerous when it's a short lane, and you're trying to match speed for a gap. These idiots musta got their license from BIGLOTS, or WALLY-WORLD, I swear.
mdhopt36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2018, 07:43 AM   #17
mdhopt36

And what about the ones who pull over to the right shoulder to make a Lefty?
Are they thinking they're in an 18-wheeler?
Old 04-22-2018, 09:04 AM   #18
freddyD

Drives: 2020 rally green rs
It happens to me all the time,some jerk in a veloster screws me on way to work,I don't pay attention.HE has a turbo model WOW!One day I showed him me tail lights,now he doesn't do it anymore-jerk!
freddyD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2018, 07:59 PM   #19
baron95
2018 1LE, NASA Instructor

Drives: 2018 Camaro SS 1LE
Ah, the joys of owning a fast looking, good sounding car. It attracts the wrong kind of attention sometimes.

Unless it is a cute lady lifting her shirt for a throttle blip, I just ignore :0
baron95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2018, 09:34 PM   #20
Jsreo

Drives: 2017 2SS Manual
Quote:
Originally Posted by mdhopt36 View Post
My brother runs a treefarm. I used to go down and help out before Xmas time. We both developed an opinion where we hated to see anyone with a VOLVO pull in for a tree---
They were hands down, most likely complete idiots, plain and simple. Even to park so as to be considerate of others.
The cars on the road who I will ever mess with, are ones that will get ahead of you, and do 35 in a 50; and when you get an opportunity, they speed up. Others are ones who will stop and PARK in a merge lane; actually quite dangerous when it's a short lane, and you're trying to match speed for a gap. These idiots musta got their license from BIGLOTS, or WALLY-WORLD, I swear.
you really should not stereotype folks based on what cars they drive, just makes you look uneducated, plenty of fine folks drive Volvos, and plenty of idiots as well, just like any other brand
Jsreo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2018, 09:39 PM   #21
70chevelleSS

Drives: 2017 Camaro SS 1970 chevelle SS
happens to me all the time. it is a lot more common when I'm driving the Camaro than the Chevelle. The reaction in the Chevelle is generally people taking pictures and trying to talk to me at stoplights.. In the Camaro it is usually Riced out imports or a new edge bodystyle mustang gts tryingto ag me on into a race. Never fails those guys seem to be looking for a street race.
70chevelleSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2018, 06:57 AM   #22
mdhopt36

"you really should not stereotype folks based on what cars they drive, just makes you look uneducated, plenty of fine folks drive Volvos, and plenty of idiots as well, just like any other brand."
You can take this for what it's worth. Up to you to figure out what my education is.
Big pickups, aka RAMS, go out of their way, park where they have the time to look around to pick a tree, and just about to the truck, never are in the way or cause issue.
Not the "V" drivers---2 out of 3, invariably pull up, and park smack in the middle between the 2 parking areas, and botch things up. We have actually kept informal tallies on this.
The latter are (supposedly) highly educated, typically coming out of the flatland college towns around here.
As you can see, your "assumption" is completely wrong in electing yourself to giving me a lecture about stereotyping.
Also your condescending remark inferring my education level won't cut the mustard with me, not one bit.
Old 04-23-2018, 09:34 AM   #23
Godfatha

Drives: 2016 2SS Mosaic Black Convertible
I've had the car over a year, and the only two people I can recollect trying to test me are a Ford Focus with a turbo and some riced out Honda with a fartcan. I just let them have their fun. It's enough to know I can blow the doors off of them.

Never had an issue with Mustang guys or Challengers. The majority seem respectful.
Godfatha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2018, 11:05 AM   #24
chrest

Drives: 2017 Camaro 2SS
i had a riced out civic want to go on my first test drive of the car with the dealer riding with me. lol

i get random rev asks here and there. i hate doing it, but ill give a little blip every once in a while. the car is extremely load with cat less LT's so i try not to bring much more attention to myself than it already gets naturally
603hp/547tq
chrest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2018, 01:55 PM   #25
Spartan268

Drives: HB 2SS
In my old car club which was primarily Nissans/Infiniti (Think 350Zs and G37s). A lot of the guys egged me on in the first meet. At this time I was excited to dust them all so I did. But that was the only time. The one guy had a very big mouth and everyone looked to me to shut him up since he was the least liked. On the road I get some randoms trying to get at me but I give them 0 attention.
Spartan268 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2018, 02:25 PM   #26
Jim50thSS

Drives: 50th SS Convertible
I had my wife and kids in the car down in Georgia and 350zzzzzz started messing with me on the expressway. I had the kids wave at him through the tiny back window. I wasn't going to do anything, we were already doing 70mph. Would be doing 100mph in just a few seconds. His passenger gave me a thumbs down. Not sure if he didn't like the car or my lack of participation.
Jim50thSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2018, 02:26 PM   #27
BradfordCamaro
SABIO

Drives: 2016 CAMARO 1SS
I find people tend to accelerate faster from stoplights when they are beside me. Kinda like they want to prove their car is fast too.
I don't bother playing either. Don't need a $500 tickets or my car towed for racing....

BradfordCamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2018, 03:08 PM   #28
sdavis2702

Drives: 2017 Camaro 2SS
Not a single person from another car has ever encouraged me to do something with my car while driving... especially no one from a car that isn't even considered competition for my car.

I only drive aggressively when I want to. I can say things were different back when I was younger, driving my 4th gen f-bodies. But I've never had this experience in my 6th gen.