Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

Bigwormgraphix

Old 04-18-2018, 11:38 AM   #15
fastball
Banned

Drives: 2017 Camaro 2SS 6MT
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nsxmatt View Post
Um, GM has a ton of cars under the same airbag recall. You tried to make a funny but failed.
I know GM used Takata in a few Silverados, Sierras, and Escalades, but I thought GM's use of them was relatively low. Especially compared to Ford.
fastball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2018, 11:57 AM   #16
PhantomV8

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nsxmatt View Post
If you're going to google to try and sound smart at least get the right info. Two airbags in mustangs deployed and said it was possibly the inflators fault and both it was ruled it was not. Try again.
If you are going to post something in a forum, don’t outright lie especially if the info is common knowledge. You said no Mustangs had problems with the airbags and were replaced for free, which is a straight up lie. This dudes Mustangs airbags blew a giant piece of metal shrapnel straight thru his leg.
PhantomV8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2018, 01:05 PM   #17
Nsxmatt
Account Suspended

Drives: 2017 Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by PhantomV8 View Post
If you are going to post something in a forum, don’t outright lie especially if the info is common knowledge. You said no Mustangs had problems with the airbags and were replaced for free, which is a straight up lie. This dudes Mustangs airbags blew a giant piece of metal shrapnel straight thru his leg.
You googled one story from years ago and according to the actual report from the safety board and ford it was not proven it was a takata inflator. And it's not the airbags doing it, it's the metal inflator behind the airbag and that car didn't apply. That is why you see one story and nothing else ever.

Grasping for straws aren't you?
Nsxmatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2018, 02:45 PM   #18
MackSteelPrivateEye
Banned

Drives: 6 on the Flo' Super Sport
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYJets12 View Post
if you think Camaros got problems check out these recalls no Camaros by the way but alot of Toyotas( and people think there're so great)

http://www.msn.com/en-us/autos/news/...Bnb7Kz#image=1

Toyotas have been massively hyped since they hit our shores in the early 70s. Magazines, media etc. dumped money into Japanes import stocks while the stocks were dirt cheap, then they used the media they controlled to heavily hype the product driving up sales and stock prices. Thus the demise of the US auto builders.
MackSteelPrivateEye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2018, 03:59 PM   #19
fastball
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by MackSteelPrivateEye View Post
Toyotas have been massively hyped since they hit our shores in the early 70s. Magazines, media etc. dumped money into Japanes import stocks while the stocks were dirt cheap, then they used the media they controlled to heavily hype the product driving up sales and stock prices. Thus the demise of the US auto builders.
Well, you have to admit many American cars were junk between the mid-70s and at least the early 90s. All through the 80s America wasn't even close to Toyota in making economy cars. They were reliable and more efficient. How many American 4 cylinder motors were leaking coolant, blowing head gaskets, and overheating and warping heads? It was a dark, nasty time in the American car industry era. You make it more of a conspiracy theory than it was. It took bankruptcy and a govt bailout for GM to get their act together.
Old 04-18-2018, 05:04 PM   #20
Johnwon

Drives: 2016 Mosaic Black 2SS, NPP, A8.
I never thought of my Camaro or any gen 6 Camaro as bad... Mine is a 2016 which was the first year on a new platform so I'd expect a few issues. I have never owned a car without a couple minor issues and they are 100x better than the cars that I owned in the 80s and 90s. I still get a big grin every time I start the engine and love the car! Would I buy it again even after a recall or two and a new rear carrier... yep!
Johnwon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2018, 05:26 PM   #21
MackSteelPrivateEye
Banned

Drives: 6 on the Flo' Super Sport
Quote:
Originally Posted by fastball View Post
Well, you have to admit many American cars were junk between the mid-70s and at least the early 90s. All through the 80s America wasn't even close to Toyota in making economy cars. They were reliable and more efficient. How many American 4 cylinder motors were leaking coolant, blowing head gaskets, and overheating and warping heads? It was a dark, nasty time in the American car industry era. You make it more of a conspiracy theory than it was. It took bankruptcy and a govt bailout for GM to get their act together.
The American 4 bangers were junk because America was not in the business of selling/building them. They were forced to do it overnight because of the gas crisis. They found themselves competing for gas mileage against Foreign cars. So they had to produce what they could in a hurry each year to keep up which put them behind. But like I said those who controlled the media had huge investments and hyped them, its not a conspiracy theory.
MackSteelPrivateEye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2018, 05:47 PM   #22
fastball
Banned

Quote:
The American 4 bangers were junk because America was not in the business of selling/building them. They were forced to do it overnight because of the gas crisis. They found themselves competing for gas mileage against Foreign cars. So they had to produce what they could in a hurry each year to keep up which put them behind. But like I said those who controlled the media had huge investments and hyped them, its not a conspiracy theory.
It wasn't just economy cars though. Remember the HT4100? V8-6-4? Olds 350 Diesel? The irritating Crossfire injection? The 4+3 transmission? Also American cars in general were built poorly and with cheap materials. Uneven and large body pannel gaps, cheap plastic interior, and they were assembled haphazardly. Japanese cars were built well, solid, didn't rattle after a few miles, and lasted.

Look I love America and my Camaro as much as you but I'm also honest. American car companies lost market share to Japan because the product was simply better. Both subjectively and objectively. Sure the media loved them
because when compared side by side they were better.

Now, you can thank the Japanese for forcing America to build cars better or go out of business.
Old 04-18-2018, 05:54 PM   #23
STYLO LT1

Drives: 2016 Camaro SS Vert.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolvie70 View Post
The dealers standard “It’s normal” response to every issue seems to be working.
How true.
STYLO LT1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2018, 06:06 PM   #24
STYLO LT1

Drives: 2016 Camaro SS Vert.
The Mustang 15,16, and 17 are plagued with problems of their own too. The infamous bbq engine ticking noise issue, AC compressor issues, paint issues, panel gap issues. There is one where in some stangs the trunk lid hits or rubs on the bumper below somehow.
STYLO LT1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2018, 09:54 AM   #25
Wolvie70

Drives: 2016 2SS, Summit White, A8, NPP
Quote:
User name checks out
Wolvie70 is offline   Reply With Quote