Homepage Garage Wiki Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

AWE Tuning

Old 04-20-2018, 05:45 AM   #43
wingchunsifu

Drives: 2017 2SS A8, 2018 Macan GTS
I highly recommend you purchase Ross Bentley's book "Speed Secrets". Even if you are an experienced driver you will probably learn something from this book.

He has written a few books however his first, smallest and most inexpensive book basically has all the "driving kung fu" you will ever need. Simple, straight to the point and easy to read. And this book is good for all drivers not just "car guys and girls".

Good luck with your new ride!
wingchunsifu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2018, 06:18 AM   #44
pennektj

Drives: 2018 Camaro 1SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by SDG23 View Post
One word of advice, don't drive like an idiot. You share the road with other people, the road isn't yours and yours alone. There will be times when other cars may want to race you or at least goad you into driving too fast...don't fall for it. Drive responsibly!
Luckily I am past my be an idiot on public roads phase .
40 year old father of 2... too much to lose.
My next post will be about how to get started with your first autoX events. I want to save my crazy for the track

I appreciate everyones advice and stories! I will check out the book above for sure!
pennektj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2018, 08:06 PM   #45
Quester

Drives: 16 2SS Convertable
Seat time will get you comfortable with your shifting, but I haven’t seen conversation about fwd or 4wd vs rear wheel drive w/posi, sounds like your previous cars were not rwd. Going to be quite the experience the first time you drift it, lol love to see a pic of your face when you do! Find somewhere safe and learn to kick the back end around, it will pay off in the end when you it.
Old 04-22-2018, 08:45 PM   #46
Kgoeb

Drives: 18 1LE, 12 Regal GS
For what it's worth, there is a little brief learning curve if you're used to 4 cylinder cars, turbo or otherwise. My daily is a Regal GS with the 6spd and Ecotec 4cyl turbo, and when I started driving the Camaro more often it was like oh damn, you CAN have torque below 2k rpm haha. Now I find it harder driving the Regal vs. the Camaro due to the lack of torque at low revs. The RWD isn't a big deal, so long as you get comfortable feeling out the limits of the car under certain conditions. If it's below 10C and tires are cold, it's going to light up the back pretty easy and want to step right, but the traction control is good to intervene quickly if you don't react fast enough.
Kgoeb is offline   Reply With Quote