Badass brotha and love the plate
mariojmoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2018, 09:36 AM   #30
mariojmoe
Account Suspended

Drives: C7 Z06 manual, 18 Zl1 manual, etc
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fraxum View Post
Op the CA6 M6 SS/ZL1 gearing is a ton of fun to drive and the gearing is no problem. And it helps with the good gas mileage you get for a fast car. The problem with the M6 is at the drag strip where the GM set up holds the car back.

All of my modern Camaros were M6 and I loved every one of them. But after driving the A10 ZL1 I bought one. There is no going back for me.
I respect this as well.
Old 11-12-2018, 10:34 AM   #31
Lethal Z
American Gearhead!!

Drives: ZL1 1LE/GT350/Ford RS/Gen 2 Raptor
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fraxum View Post
This old dude can still bang the gears. But I still prefer the A10 in a ZL1 after watching M6 ZL1 owners struggle to get into the 11s. The A10 is about 1/2 a second faster. GM stacked the deck against the M6es. The M6 is fun to drive and the preferred gear changer on a race track.

After owning the A10 for a while I will not go back to the manual. While I do occasionally miss the fun of shifting, being in the right gear at all times is helping me enjoy driving the ZL1 even more. And all out is just a pedal push away.
I'm no spring chicken and I can appreciate everything you say. However, I on the other hand find the manual aspect of a sports car as one of the best parts about driving. Unlike Lambos, Ferrari's as the other assorted euro stuff, I respect Chevy and Ford for making American muscle like the ZL1 1LE, GT350 and RS which can only be bought with a stick shifter because it's part of the driving experience and they know it. I have never had an auto sports car and would never consider one aside from the Red eye hellcat widebody (which I will be adding to my collection next) only because Dodge doesn't offer a manual option.
Old 11-12-2018, 11:26 AM   #32
JonDaddy82

Drives: 2018 ZL1 Coupe NFG M6
I'm a manual guy, even though my 3rd Gen and 4th Gen's where both automatics. The Misses and I prolly have around a half million manual miles under our belts, and we're not even that old. The ZL1 isn't a daily driver, so when we are in it we want it to be special and engaging. In addition, I don't have easy access to any 1/4 tracks, so that just added to my reasoning to skip the automatic. I think many years from now the M6 will be more saught after, which has been a long standing tradition in specialty cars. Think of someone that runs into a factory LS6 Chevelle with a 4 speed, or a Big Block C3 Vette with a manual. Even spills over to the Italian and German crowd. A Lambo or Ferrari, even a Porsche with a proper gated shifter is extremely unique, somewhat rare(r) and quite the experience to drive from a collectors standpoint.
2018 ZL1 M6 <- Not Daily
JonDaddy82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2018, 12:14 PM   #33
mariojmoe
Account Suspended

Drives: C7 Z06 manual, 18 Zl1 manual, etc
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lethal Z View Post
I'm no spring chicken and I can appreciate everything you say. However, I on the other hand find the manual aspect of a sports car as one of the best parts about driving. Unlike Lambos, Ferrari's as the other assorted euro stuff, I respect Chevy and Ford for making American muscle like the ZL1 1LE, GT350 and RS which can only be bought with a stick shifter because it's part of the driving experience and they know it. I have never had an auto sports car and would never consider one aside from the Red eye hellcat widebody (which I will be adding to my collection next) only because Dodge doesn't offer a manual option.
This! I'm adding a trackhawk to my stable fairly soon ( SUV so obviously auto only).
Old 11-12-2018, 02:25 PM   #34
Rich J

Drives: 2018 ZL1 Manual
There is one downside to the tall 1st gear — rush hour traffic. The car struggles to go under 6 mph in gear and a lot of bumper to bumper traffic is at 3-5 mph. This car is a bit of a pain at rush hour compared to all of the manuals I’ve had before, but no regrets on choosing it over the A10.
Rich J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2018, 06:56 PM   #35
Agent K

Drives: 2017 ZL1 6MT
Quote:
Originally Posted by collinms View Post
I'm sensing regret from people not getting the A10. I think the a10 makes the car special. There is a reason mclaren, Ferrari, and Lamborghini etc.no longer offer a manual transmission.
Just got my latest issue of C&D. They've got a comparison of the new 2019 Aston Martin Vantage (automatic), 2018 Mercedes AMG GTC (automatic), 2018 Porsche 911 GT3 (manual). Prices range from $150,000 to $190,000. Guess which one won the comparison?
2017 ZL1 Arctic Blue Metallic / 6MT / sunroof / NAV / PDR / RotoFab CAI + dry filter / Tony Mamo TB V1 / Skip Shift Eliminator / Hurst Short Throw Shifter / ZL1 floor mats / Dead Pedal cover (to match other pedals) / ARH Catless 1-7/8" headers + ARH X-pipe + AWE Touring Axle-Back / Diode Dynamic smoked side markers / American Authority tow hook
Agent K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2018, 07:03 PM   #36
cbr1100xx
Account Suspended

Drives: '14 Jetta 1.8, '19 1SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Agent K View Post
Just got my latest issue of C&D. They've got a comparison of the new 2019 Aston Martin Vantage (automatic), 2018 Mercedes AMG GTC (automatic), 2018 Porsche 911 GT3 (manual). Prices range from $150,000 to $190,000. Guess which one won the comparison?
You must be new to C/D. They'd pick a Porsche to win a comparo if came with a CVT and 3cyl.
cbr1100xx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2018, 08:04 PM   #37
GrabTheWheel

Drives: 18' ZL1 A10
Manual is definitley geared for the track. There is so much torque I wouldn't say it's geared too tall. Even if you short shift you'll never be disappointed in the way the car pulls. BUT personally I'm not a fan of a geabox where the top of 2nd gear has you doing 80 plus mph on the street. If you like to redline 2nd gear everyday then it's only a matter of time before you get into trouble...
GrabTheWheel is offline   Reply With Quote