Homepage Garage Wiki Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

Phastek Performance

Old 05-23-2018, 01:21 PM   #169
bandit38

Drives: Camaro SS - Trans Am - Silverado
Quote:
Originally Posted by keon718nyc View Post
Yea, kinda scratching my head on this one. I do really like the lower DRL's on all the time like they are now on the current. Guess we will find out more soon.
I'm with y'all it would look better if they were on all time....That is one thing I like about the 16-18's is the strip lights at the bottom.

Hopefully these are just pre-production and they will be on all the time when it counts.
Old 05-23-2018, 02:53 PM   #170
Detroit Muscle

Drives: 2011 Camaro 2SS/RS L99
Quote:
Originally Posted by JhonnyGTR View Post
There is a new pic of the Red SS , now with more light... lol
I like the initial night time posted pictures better, idk it looks more waxed and a better shade of red basically and better contrasted with the black in artificial light.

Stainless Power Headers, High Flow Cats, CAI intake, SLP Loudmouth 1 exhaust, Dyno tune from Alternative Performance

Last edited by Detroit Muscle; 05-23-2018 at 03:06 PM.
Detroit Muscle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2018, 02:59 PM   #171
shaffe

Drives: 21 Bronco
am I the only one who dislikes DRLs? I find the concept of daytime running lights pretty stupid.
it has more power...its available power is like a set kof double Ds (no matter where your face is... theyre everywhere) it has the suspension to mame it matter...(
shaffe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2018, 03:14 PM   #172
DangerZL1

Drives: 2023 Black ZL1 Auto
Quote:
Originally Posted by bandit38 View Post
One more !

LIKE !

I thought I would only like the 19's in certain colors.....I'm changing my mind, I like the red too.
Me too. The back end looks a bit better in this pic. Since I don't have a choice if I want a new ZL1, I'll have to accept it. It may require a few therapy sessions.
DangerZL1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2018, 03:33 PM   #173
bandit38

Quote:
Originally Posted by DangerZL1 View Post
Me too. The back end looks a bit better in this pic. Since I don't have a choice if I want a new ZL1, I'll have to accept it. It may require a few therapy sessions.

LOL, I think the more they are seen out in real life the better they are going to look.
Old 05-23-2018, 03:38 PM   #174
bandit38

Quote:
:v... Maybe they are now independent and you can turn it on or off whenever you want?
They definitely look on in this picture.
Attached Images

Old 05-23-2018, 03:39 PM   #175
bandit38

Quote:
Originally Posted by shaffe View Post
am I the only one who dislikes DRLs? I find the concept of daytime running lights pretty stupid.
Depends on the car/truck and what is lite.

I think it can be real sharp if done right.

They don’t stand out like they did years ago when not many cars had them though.
Old 05-23-2018, 03:41 PM   #176
Corvette_Mike

Drives: 2018 Camaro SS
It took awhile, but I am starting to like the refresh.
Corvette_Mike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2018, 05:46 PM   #177
bandit38

Something else I noticed and maybe this is a pre-production thing too, the on-star antennas are all black...none have been body colored yet....that I have seen anyway.
Old 05-23-2018, 11:09 PM   #178
JhonnyGTR

Drives: La Macarena
Time to Rear the situation
Attached Images

JhonnyGTR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2018, 01:12 AM   #179
protovack

Drives: 2019 2LT 2.0T M6 Riverside Blue
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kobra_Klutch View Post
I agree most of Chevy's interiors are sub par. This 6 Gen already looks dated inside and out and a refresh was needed. I've been looking at newly released videos about the Mustang GT PP2 and it's a nice looking car from all angles. I hate to say it in this forum but it looks better than our Camaro and the interior layout looks more appealing and connected than the Camaro's interiors.

There just aren't that many cars in this segment to choose from and I think Chevy believes that they have us backed into a corner if we want to play in this game. Chevy has reminded me why we shouldn't settle for just anything. I'm the type of person if it's not what I want then i don't want it; I'd rather go without when feasible. If Chevy is going to continue to put out these types of cars and charge a random note for them then I'm going to have to start looking at a Vette or something from Germany. I refuse to go backwards and accept less and pay more when I don't have to. The 6 Gen is a fail in my book. Hell they scared people into taking the current car over the refreshed version. These people have had 3 years to wait to see if there would be any enhancements and now that the refresh has been revealed they would rather settle on the dated one. SMDH.

I don't care much about the sales race but it's telling when all the naysayers kept saying that sales would pick up when the new variants came out, ZL1 & ZL1 1LE, and sales are still sub par. Ford and Dodge are kicking Chevy's a$$ right now and from a fan's standpoint it's very disappointing.

Just venting in cyberspace please don't take what I typed personally...
You're the type of person where if its not what you want, you don't want it?
Is there another type of person out there?

I completely disagree with your characterization of the Gen 6. It does not look dated to me, in fact it looks fairly classic and should stand the test of time extremely well.
protovack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2018, 08:00 AM   #180
shaffe

Drives: 21 Bronco
Quote:
Originally Posted by bandit38 View Post
Depends on the car/truck and what is lite.

I think it can be real sharp if done right.

They don’t stand out like they did years ago when not many cars had them though.
To each his own, I just don't care for them.

Quote:
Time to Rear the situation
I think I figured out why I don't like the tail lights....the look like LEGO's stuck on the back lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by protovack View Post
You're the type of person where if its not what you want, you don't want it?
Is there another type of person out there?

I completely disagree with your characterization of the Gen 6. It does not look dated to me, in fact it looks fairly classic and should stand the test of time extremely well.
I think the dated look is a fair assessment. The 6th gen was an evolution of the 5th gen, which we have seen in concept form since 2006.

Yes by that criteria I also think the Challenger is dated as well
it has more power...its available power is like a set kof double Ds (no matter where your face is... theyre everywhere) it has the suspension to mame it matter...(
shaffe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2018, 09:05 AM   #181
torqueaddict

Drives: Tesla M3 LR-AWD [Former 1SS owner]
The Mustang hasn't had any major exterior updates either. Except for the front fascia, it's a more rounded version of the same car since at least 2010. Put it against the gen 6 and there's no comparison, the stang looks ordinary and blends in more with the crowd. The Camaro is distinct, aggressive, sleek and definitely stands out.

When my car isn't parked in the lot at work, people ask about it. And there are Mustangs, Mercedes,BMWs, Audi and 2 Tesla model Ss in the same lot. That says something. People hardly ever walk past without glancing at it.

Sure, the Camaro's interior is simple but the ergonomics of the driving controls are excellent. The Mustang's interior has less plastic, and more space, but that's about the only advantages I can think of. And they mean little to me. Driving the SS more than makes up for those shortcomings. There is room for improvement, but currently, it works well enough. Better storage spaces and more head room in the back are probably the two biggest changes that should be done in the next gen.
torqueaddict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2018, 12:55 PM   #182
Detroit Muscle

Drives: 2011 Camaro 2SS/RS L99

Stainless Power Headers, High Flow Cats, CAI intake, SLP Loudmouth 1 exhaust, Dyno tune from Alternative Performance
Detroit Muscle is offline   Reply With Quote